Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta.com FAIL! NOT ABLE TO SEARCH FOR LHR or EU flights

Old Aug 13, 2023, 8:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM. 1MM

Seriously? ....
I have been unable to search for NYC-LHR flights for the last 6-8 weeks now. Literally the delta.com web site returns BS responses like "try your search again" or that #RSRR10. Or the grey screen boxes just flash for minutes on end.

No this is not schedule change Saturday. This has been an issue for weeks. yes I've cleared my cache. yes, i've tried multiple browsers, devices. Talked to friends who are also having the same issues.

DOES DELTA NOT WANT OUR MONEY??? we are trying to give your $1,000 for a vacation flight. HELLO? HOW does Delta corporate keep the lights on? seriously??
Old Aug 13, 2023, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by mridley2
Seriously? ....
I have been unable to search for NYC-LHR flights for the last 6-8 weeks now. Literally the delta.com web site returns BS responses like "try your search again" or that #RSRR10. Or the grey screen boxes just flash for minutes on end.

No this is not schedule change Saturday. This has been an issue for weeks. yes I've cleared my cache. yes, i've tried multiple browsers, devices. Talked to friends who are also having the same issues.

DOES DELTA NOT WANT OUR MONEY??? we are trying to give your $1,000 for a vacation flight. HELLO? HOW does Delta corporate keep the lights on? seriously??

I have had thar problem but I just keep hitting refresh

One note. I found that if I was leaving the search on basic economy, it was not working at all, so I moved to Main cabin, and that made it better. Not perfect but better.
Old Aug 13, 2023, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
JFK-LON flights show up fine on the DL app.
Old Aug 14, 2023, 6:05 am

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by guv1976
JFK-LON flights show up fine on the DL app.
or google flights, then buy now from delta.

Ive found that flight search (shop and book) is slooooow on delta.com for some time.
Old Aug 14, 2023, 6:07 am

I have been searching for months on dl.com for JFK>LHR<JFK and 75% of the time they timeout due to how many options there are. I always get an error message. And Ive tried 3 different web browsers.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 9:06 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Had no problem purchasing LGW-JFK flight as part of a September itinerary. My search didn't start or end at JFK, so perhaps that's why? (done on website, but also bought in June if this is a more recent concern) Good luck!
Old Aug 15, 2023, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Hoyaheel
Had no problem purchasing LGW-JFK flight as part of a September itinerary. My search didn't start or end at JFK, so perhaps that's why?
I think it's far more likely because you're searching from LGW - and its measly single daily flight - rather than searching from LON/LHR
Old Aug 15, 2023, 9:58 am

I think I have noticed a different view of VS flight info which is aggregated with DL when you search JFK-LHR. I wonder if they made a change to how they bundle in VS info and it is taking significant time. VS is in a physically separate mainframe system from the DL system, even though they are co-located.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 11:43 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
I didn't say I was searching LGW- I said that's what we bought. I searched XXX-LON-XXX and we ended up flying in to LHR and back from LGW. But only the return is through JFK, outbound through DTW, which is why I posted what I did. Still might not have relevance to this current issue, just posting my n =1.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 8:23 pm

Programs: VS Flying Club, UA Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by xooz
I think I have noticed a different view of VS flight info which is aggregated with DL when you search JFK-LHR. I wonder if they made a change to how they bundle in VS info and it is taking significant time. VS is in a physically separate mainframe system from the DL system, even though they are co-located.
I've noticed there is quite a long delay now till you get any results now. I fly this route quite often but never had this issue till recently. It happens when searching from both NYC and JFK as departure airports for LON and LHR arrivals.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 8:31 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by adhiren
I've noticed there is quite a long delay now till you get any results now. I fly this route quite often but never had this issue till recently. It happens when searching from both NYC and JFK as departure airports for LON and LHR arrivals.
The website seems particularly wonky in general as of late. I've purchased three tickets over the past week. First ticket, the website hung for so long after I hit purchase, it errored out. I ended up using the app and it was fine. I purchased another ticket a few days ago and it seemed like it took an eternity, so I actually timed it today when I bought another ticket: 3 minutes after hitting purchase until I received a notification from Amex that my card had been charged; 4 minutes until I received the e-mail confirmations; and finally 6 minutes until the site refreshed to show the confirmations.
Old Aug 16, 2023, 2:44 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by mridley2
Seriously? ....

The fact that you've been trying to search for 6-8 weeks for a flight to LHR on DL as opposed to simply booking a ticket elsewhere may tell you how the lights stay on.
OldAsiaHand likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.