Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

All the new sky clubs.. Well done Delta

All the new sky clubs.. Well done Delta

Old Aug 18, 2023, 6:07 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
One thing I have noticed is that some of the newer clubs have “standard” SkyClub food, not necessarily the elevated food you see at places like LGA, JFK Terminal B, LAX. For example - it seems like JFK Terminal A is “standard food” while Terminal B is “elevated.” ORD seems to have “elevated” food while newer clubs like MCI are more standard. Do we have a definitive tiering of food offerings in the SkyClubs system?
Old Aug 18, 2023, 6:14 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Adelphos
One thing I have noticed is that some of the newer clubs have “standard” SkyClub food, not necessarily the elevated food you see at places like LGA, JFK Terminal B, LAX. For example - it seems like JFK Terminal A is “standard food” while Terminal B is “elevated.” ORD seems to have “elevated” food while newer clubs like MCI are more standard. Do we have a definitive tiering of food offerings in the SkyClubs system?
If they have the "cheese omelets" then it's a fail, eggbites are a winner (elevated). BNA, a newer club, seems to always have the egg bites. However BNA had the same citrus grilled chicken as the non elevated clubs. So I can't find the logic to it.
Adelphos likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2023, 6:49 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Adelphos
This makes me think that JFK B and LAX could switch to the “standard” food once the D1 lounges open.
Old Aug 18, 2023, 7:02 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by dw
This makes me think that JFK B and LAX could switch to the “standard” food once the D1 lounges open.
I’d hope the new D1 lounges would have a la cart table service dinning similar to the UA Polaris Lounges. I’d expect the buffets to be similar to the current SC (especially at LAX since the D1 lounge will be right next door to the SC).
Old Aug 18, 2023, 7:04 pm

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Where is the new club located at MSP? The current?old? one is centrally located, which was super nice (tho always packed).
Old Aug 18, 2023, 9:05 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by DCAproducer
While not new this year, the DCA SkyClub is one of my favorites and consistently has some of the best food.

I like the new LGA club, but it's a bit of a hike.

My least favorite clubs are in ATL due to crowding. (Although I'm fond of T, where I spend most of my time)
While my move from the DC area to northeast Ohio has generally been positive, I really miss the DCA club. The staff there always treated me well and I always enjoyed warming up for Delta flights in there.

Turning to LGA, I think we are going to have to wait on the completion of the 80-89 gate pier renovations and the new escalators to assess the overall convenience of the new club. Obviously it works very well for pax originating at LGA, as the club is just to the left of the exit from TSA security. The lounge is a hike from gate 98, where flights from CLE tend to arrive and depart.

As far as ATL goes, I'm disappointed by the B club, as it seems mobbed every time I go there, the soda machine is out of order a lot, and I generally don't like their food. The C37 club, the former Eastern Ionosphere club, is one I used to like but is also packed to the gills every time I use it. I still like the T club as well as A centerpoint, D12 and F (I haven't been in the E club since it got renovated; I'll try to get there on my next trip in September when I have 2+ hours in ATL.

On the least favorite lounge side, I would probably put IND and DEN there; but, hey, at least they have clubs, unlike my new home airport. I was thinking about all of my travels on Delta and the only domestic SkyClub I haven't been to is MKE. Delta's corporate strategy appears to center on having the best infrastructure of any of the big US airlines. Hopefully their next lounge construction projects will focus on their biggest stations without a club, such as IAH, RSW, BWI, STL and CLT. I would include LAS in this list, but if you have an AMEX Reserve Card you've got a lounge there that is somewhat close to the Delta gates (HOU also has an AMEX Centurion Club, but it is 3 concourses and a 15-20 minute people mover trip away from Delta's gates and doesn't open until the early morning bank of flights have departed).
Old Aug 18, 2023, 9:11 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by navi_jen
Where is the new club located at MSP? The current?old? one is centrally located, which was super nice (tho always packed).
Near Gate G18, at the intersection of the G concourse and the walkway with moving walks that leads from G over to the vicinity of C12, the little food court area and the C concourse SkyClub. I think gate G22 is the furthest away from the main concourse/shopping mall in the airport (once the ticketing area depicted in the 1970 movie Airport).
navi_jen likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2023, 10:03 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
I’d hope the new D1 lounges would have a la cart table service dinning similar to the UA Polaris Lounges. I’d expect the buffets to be similar to the current SC (especially at LAX since the D1 lounge will be right next door to the SC).
I’m not necessarily expecting that because the Polaris Lounges are only for international Polaris, whereas the D1 lounges will presumably for all D1 flights out of JFK and LAX which will include a number of domestic routes. Out of JFK, with all the European flights + LAX and SFO, I’m not sure an a la carte setup will be able to keep up with the typical volume of passengers.
Old Aug 18, 2023, 11:39 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by dw
I’m not necessarily expecting that because the Polaris Lounges are only for international Polaris, whereas the D1 lounges will presumably for all D1 flights out of JFK and LAX which will include a number of domestic routes. Out of JFK, with all the European flights + LAX and SFO, I’m not sure an a la carte setup will be able to keep up with the typical volume of passengers.
Well, there's also a lot more United flights across the pond from EWR than Delta has out of JFK. Not to say DL's TATL network out of JFK is small because it isn't, United's is just bigger. It's also going to be the biggest lounge in Delta's system by a good bit (the JFK one). I'd be interested to see numbers how many people are eligible for D1 Club vs Polaris Lounge because part of me does see where you're coming from here but another part also thinks the numbers aren't that far off when you consider how much TATL UA really has out of EWR, and the fact that the D1 Club at JFK is going to be 9,000 sqft bigger than the EWR Polaris Lounge.
dw likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2023, 7:13 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Originally Posted by ND76
The lounge is a hike from gate 98, where flights from CLE tend to arrive and depart.

But, hey, at least they have clubs, unlike my new home airport.
I'm still getting used to flying in/out of CLE, thank you w/r/t the info about LGA. I just hate having to connect now (particularly thru ATL), as opposed to BOS' plethora of nonstops

CLE's renovated Club isn't bad. But it ain't no Skyclub
Old Aug 19, 2023, 8:16 am

Programs: Delta 360 and Two Million Miler, Air Canada 25k, Marriott Ambassador and Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by dw
For what it’s worth, I am New York-based and fly out of JFK every week. I spoke to the head of delta’s food and beverage for JFK’s skyclubs at the new A club and she said the new Delta One club would have “restaurant-style” a La carte dining.
dw likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2023, 8:18 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by dw
As others have mentioned UA has by far more Polaris INTL flights out of EWR vs D1 from JFK. The new JFK D1 Lounge will be 36K sq ft which is much larger than anything UA has. DL could also have more strict requirements when in the lounge and require an INTL D1 Itinerary to access a la cart dining while Domestic D1 will have to use the buffet instead.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.