Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

All the new sky clubs.. Well done Delta

All the new sky clubs.. Well done Delta

Old Aug 12, 2023, 2:04 am

I have not been to as many lounges as some of the regulars here but of all that I've been to, I think SLC and DCA are my favorites. The views can't be beat.
Old Aug 12, 2023, 6:02 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
I generally prefer DL lounges to AA + UA counterparts, but the AA DCA lounge is a ways better than the DL lounge there or the JFK lounge.
Old Aug 12, 2023, 6:06 am
pjs

Theres a new Terminal A SkyClub opening at Newark this month as well.
Old Aug 12, 2023, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
The source of the August 15th opening date came straight from the agent working in the BOS E SC Express less than 2 weeks ago.
I wonder if they are planning to open just the new lounge but not the terminal? I didn't think they'd do that if the terminal isn't ready to open... and you would think there should be signage and announcements made about check in and gate areas moving/changing if it is supposedly happening in just a few days. I was just through there and there was no information about changes to E.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS100k, DL Diamond, MarriottAmb, FlyingBlueSilver
Havent been in it today but it looks like the Delta lounge opened up today in Boston.::
based on the pictures I saw, it stays with the theme of locally inspired and designed.

Ill wait until I go in to say they now have the top 8 in the country but probably not a far off statement to make based on the other new openings
Cheers to the new DL clubs!
dtwlarry likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 8:03 pm

Location: SAN Diego (Hillcrest); formerly LEXington, KY; still like the nym
Programs: DL Platinum; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; married to Hilton Elite
Rumor on that other airplane website is that Delta will move to the new Terminal One at SAN with a super-fancy-licious new SkyClub in 2025. Will cadge gossip next time I'm flying.
Old Aug 16, 2023, 10:32 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Prfrence
FlyerTalk's own Joe Cortez wrote the following article about the new BOS SkyClub:

Delta Opens 21,000 Square Foot Lounge in Boston – FlyerTalk - The world's most popular frequent flyer community
FenwayTim likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 1:20 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by ND76
FlyerTalk's own Joe Cortez wrote the following article about the new BOS SkyClub:

Delta Opens 21,000 Square Foot Lounge in Boston FlyerTalk - The world's most popular frequent flyer community
Im curious about such a large SC for BOS T5. Isnt DL 2/day to AMS, and 1/day to LHR and CDG? So only DL 4 flights? And AF/KL and VS have their own lounges, right? Which would add 4 more flights a day. Or will the SC become the default lounge for all ST?
The second JFK club at 14,000 sf is supposed to accommodate 250 people.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS100k, DL Diamond, MarriottAmb, FlyingBlueSilver
Originally Posted by mot29
Im curious about such a large SC for BOS T5. Isnt DL 2/day to AMS, and 1/day to LHR and CDG? So only DL 4 flights? And AF/KL and VS have their own lounges, right? Which would add 4 more flights a day. Or will the SC become the default lounge for all ST?
I don't know the exact number but Delta has somewhere between 12-15 flights day to Europe from Boston out of that terminal. I wouldn't be surprised if they continue to add more if they open up some more gate space in that terminal in the coming years..(there will be some increase of gates just by what they have been working on for past few years there)... Sprinkle in the other SkyTeam flights and there is quite a bit of demand.. The AF/KLM lounge is severely lacking there so most of those flyers would probably use the new sky club too.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 1:44 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by FenwayTim
The AF/KLM lounge is severely lacking there so most of those flyers would probably use the new sky club too.
Id consider the BOS AF lounge to be one of the worst airline run lounges Ive been to in the US, so Im sure anyone in the know and with access is going to use the DL lounge instead now.

The VS lounge has been under renovation for months now (since early March?) and itll be interesting to see if it reopens at this point.
rylan and Gerbs like this.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 4:58 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by dw
Id consider the BOS AF lounge to be one of the worst airline run lounges Ive been to in the US, so Im sure anyone in the know and with access is going to use the DL lounge instead now.

The VS lounge has been under renovation for months now (since early March?) and itll be interesting to see if it reopens at this point.
The AF lounge might still be needed for some. The DL lounge doesnt open until 1:30pm which means that DL CUN and the KE ICN flight pax are still forced to use the AF Club. However for everyone else, the new DL lounge acts as the de-facto BOS SkyTeam Lounge.
dw and FenwayTim like this.
Old Aug 18, 2023, 9:50 am

Programs: DL-Platinum / AS-PlatPro / Hyatt - Glob / Hilton-Diamond
OP can add PHX and AUS to the list.
Of course I'm thinking along the lines of 'newish' clubs, but I haven't found one of those that I don't think could make the 'best USA lounges for a USA carrier' list.
I've also never been to a JBlue or Frontier Club, so I guess my personal list is a little biased
Old Aug 18, 2023, 10:18 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
While not new this year, the DCA SkyClub is one of my favorites and consistently has some of the best food.

The new MSP SkyClub blows away the other MSP clubs and I like how it's broken up. The outdoor bar/spaces are fantastic. (Who noticed the airplane window shaped skylight?)

The new LAX club is nice. It will be interesting to see the new D1 lounge.

I like the new LGA club, but it's a bit of a hike.

My least favorite clubs are in ATL due to crowding. (Although I'm fond of T, where I spend most of my time)
ND76 likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2023, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by mot29
I flew into BOS from TLV this week, so presumably they fly the reverse as well.
Old Aug 18, 2023, 5:51 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
BNA's club is extraordinary. With Southwest making BNA a hub, or whatever they call it, Delta was smart to put a beautiful club there.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.