Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

"Pending MQMs" different from MQMs Shown at booking

Old Aug 10, 2023, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Hello Friendly Fliers. I booked a main cabin trip through my company travel portal (Concur), which is RIC-ATL-MSN on the outbound and then MSN-MSP-RIC on the return. On the main page in the Delta app it shows that I have 2677 MQMs pending. If I act as though I am booking the same itinerary directly on the Delta website, it indicates I will earn 3354 MQMs. Can anybody say if this is somehow normal? Will I receive 3354 MQMs or 2677 MQMs?
Old Aug 10, 2023, 12:55 pm

Programs: DL DM; HH gold
Don't put too much stock in the "pending" figures, they are estimates and don't cover everything (ex. partner flights credited to skymiles). The estimate you get on the purchase page is more accurate (but also not always 100%).

Question: does any segment book in E (basic)? This should not be possible because BE fares can't be combined with non-BE fares on the same ticket, but maybe Concur managed to do it somehow (I've seen Concur do odd things). If it did, that would disqualify a segment from MQM earning, and could lower the projected total.
Old Aug 10, 2023, 12:55 pm

2677 is correct. You can check it yourself here: https://skymilescalculator.com/
Old Aug 10, 2023, 12:59 pm

Programs: DL DM; HH gold
Originally Posted by DLHubber
2677 is correct. You can check it yourself here: https://skymilescalculator.com/
Then DL has some segments loaded at the wrong MQM levels b/c they really do claim 3354 MQM for that routing on their own site.
Old Aug 10, 2023, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by woodenshoe101
Then DL has some segments loaded at the wrong MQM levels b/c they really do claim 3354 MQM for that routing on their own site.
The estimator at booking is well-known to have issues, especially with Delta Connection flights. It's usually showing a lower number, though.
Ascii likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2023, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Calculator brokeness on connecting itins has been documented in some other threads. It takes the distance of the last segment in each direction, and then simply multiplies by 2. Clearly broken behavior.

ATL-MSN = 707
MSP-RIC = 970
(707 + 970) x 2 = 3354
DLHubber and Ascii like this.
Old Aug 10, 2023, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by xliioper
Calculator brokeness on connecting itins has been documented in some other threads. It takes the distance of the last segment in each direction, and then simply multiplies by 2. Clearly broken behavior.
Hilarious. I tried to work out how it was coming to the wrong number, but I didn't try that. Such shoddy programming.
Old Aug 10, 2023, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

That's complete garbage. I feel like I should try to hold them to 3354 if that is what their website says I will earn.
Old Aug 10, 2023, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RunningInRVA
That's complete garbage. I feel like I should try to hold them to 3354 if that is what their website says I will earn.
Um, yeah, good luck with that

Tdb1960, DLHubber and dw like this.
Old Aug 10, 2023, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, GlobalEntry, Admirals Club, United Club
Originally Posted by DLHubber
Hilarious. I tried to work out how it was coming to the wrong number, but I didn't try that. Such shoddy programming.
What kind of computer can't do simple math! (Bad movie, don't watch it unless you want to fall asleep on the plane)

But you booked through your corporate booking portal, so you can't even claim you relied on it when you booked. Not to say that you'd have a claim even if you did rely on it.
Old Aug 10, 2023, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jetsfan92588
What kind of computer can't do simple math! (Bad movie, don't watch it unless you want to fall asleep on the plane)

But you booked through your corporate booking portal, so you can't even claim you relied on it when you booked. Not to say that you'd have a claim even if you did rely on it.
Yes, I booked through my corporate website but I rely on Deltas website to figure out what route will maximize my MQM earnings.
Old Aug 10, 2023, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, I booked through my corporate website but I rely on Deltas website to figure out what route will maximize my MQM earnings.
Most of us here use sites like https://skymilescalculator.com/ (mentioned above) and gcmap.com to estimate MQM earnings rather than relying on Delta site. Among other benefits, you don't have to go all the way through the booking process just to get an estimate.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.