Wiki Posts
Search

Rapid Transfer Bag Tag

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2023, 9:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta 360/DM/3MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Rapid Transfer Bag Tag

I experienced something new at MCO today and haven't seen it posted (or perhaps I missed it). In addition to the normal Yellow Sky Priority tags they had Red Rapid Transfer tags and Half-Yellow Half-Red tags. One of these was put on my checked bag. My connection time was 1 h 7 min in ATL. The family next to me asked if they could get one and were told no, just a yellow tag. When I arrived at my destination, the only baggage I saw with this type of tag were mine. All others had nothing or the traditional yellow. Any word on when this started and what it takes to get?

N830MH likes this.
Old May 29, 2023, 9:23 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
My guess is they get put on if you have HOT printed on your bag tag. If the baggage handlers pay attention to them and load those bags last (so they are the first off the plane), it sounds like a great system.
Old May 29, 2023, 9:25 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Huh, never seen that. Had a 39 minute connection today and the tag had the usual HOT printed on it but no red tag.
Old May 29, 2023, 9:39 pm

Programs: DL DM
This is a good new thing! That is if the baggage handlers actually pay attention to them.
hhdl likes this.
Old May 30, 2023, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Agree. Great if they pay attention. I know numerous OALs have had these for ages. "Short Connection" is normally what I've seen them labeled.
Old May 30, 2023, 7:33 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by VFR
My guess is they get put on if you have HOT printed on your bag tag. If the baggage handlers pay attention to them and load those bags last (so they are the first off the plane), it sounds like a great system.
Shouldn't that be what the yellow tag means? Yet these are often NOT the first bags off, and sometimes nowhere near it.

Still, I vote for these if used properly (like for a less than an hour connection time).
Old May 30, 2023, 8:27 am
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer
Shouldn't that be what the yellow tag means? Yet these are often NOT the first bags off, and sometimes nowhere near it.

Still, I vote for these if used properly (like for a less than an hour connection time).
It's useful to have a distinction between "priority bag" and "short connection" -- e.g. short connection bags might be driven directly to their next plane, but doing that for all Sky Priority bags might be wasteful.
hhdl likes this.
Old May 30, 2023, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by VFR
Yes, I have agree with you. They don't want make a mistake again. They are carefully to read the baggage yellow transfer tags. Yes, they have pay attention what they doing. You must be aware of them.
Old May 30, 2023, 5:08 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Nice! What airport was putting these on the bags? Have an upcoming trip with a short connection and hoping they put them on our bags.
Old May 30, 2023, 6:07 pm

Programs: DL PM / MM, Nat'l EE
Agreed! My “Priority” bag was the very, last, bag off the belt last Saturday night in BOS. On a positive note, I’m now up to 15k free miles from the consistently slow baggage delivery.
Old May 30, 2023, 6:19 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by nebraskaboy
Agreed! My “Priority” bag was the very, last, bag off the belt last Saturday night in BOS. On a positive note, I’m now up to 15k free miles from the consistently slow baggage delivery.
I sometimes intentionally check my carry on bag when returning to MCO because it’s basically guaranteed to be late at the carousel with how slow they are to deliver baggage. A free extra 2,500 miles.
DLASflyer likes this.
Old May 30, 2023, 10:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta 360/DM/3MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by hi55us
Nice! What airport was putting these on the bags? Have an upcoming trip with a short connection and hoping they put them on our bags.
MCO
Old May 31, 2023, 1:17 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
I sometimes intentionally check my carry on bag when returning to MCO because it’s basically guaranteed to be late at the carousel with how slow they are to deliver baggage. A free extra 2,500 miles.
It's not really free if you have to wait for it.

The whole point of a carry on is that you're free to go when you land, and aren't held captive with the other baggage claim people.

Old May 31, 2023, 8:06 am

Programs: AA,DL,F9,UA,WN
It's not really free if you have to wait for it.
The whole point of a carry on is that you're free to go when you land, and aren't held captive with the other baggage claim people.
Yes, but 2500 miles is 2500 miles.
ohhleary and dtwtransport like this.
Old May 31, 2023, 12:34 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
It works out to at least 50 miles per minute, probably more like 100. Seems worth it in many cases.
dtwtransport likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.