Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Mexico City To The US One Way Fare Changeable?

Old May 24, 2023, 11:48 am
Original Poster

I am looking to book a fare directly with Delta that is operated by AeroMexico. The fare is classified as "Classic" which seems to be in line with a Main class Delta ticket. During the checkout process, this fare is being advertised as "Changeable / Nonrefundable".

Does this mean that I can cancel this ticket for a Delta credit like any other Main class fares within the US or originating from the US? This is a one way fare originating from Mexico City to the US.
Old May 24, 2023, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bigcahonna
I am looking to book a fare directly with Delta that is operated by AeroMexico. The fare is classified as "Classic" which seems to be in line with a Main class Delta ticket. During the checkout process, this fare is being advertised as "Changeable / Nonrefundable".

Does this mean that I can cancel this ticket for a Delta credit like any other Main class fares within the US or originating from the US? This is a one way fare originating from Mexico City to the US.
While it is changeable, it looks like the non-refundable Main/First fares originating in Mexico have a $200 change fee. Change fees are found in the Fare Rules. Basic fares look to be completely non-changeable from Mexico.

ORIGINATING MEXICO - CHANGES ANY TIME CHARGE USD 200.00/CAD 200.00.
obscure2k likes this.

Last edited by xliioper; May 24, 2023 at 12:59 pm
Old May 24, 2023, 7:22 pm

Interestingly, learned about Aeromexico’s classic fare when I was booking an Atlanta to Leon Mexico first class fare this week. I booked it on Delta.com, Delta to Mexico City, Aeromexico to Leon. Same carriers returning. Clicked on Delta First Class column that said First Class/Classic. At time of booking figured “Classic” was Aeromexico’s First Class within Mexico. We’d booked first class through Mexico City DL/AM in the past to Puerto Vallarta and was first on both carriers. It appears now on these connections, only Delta portion is first class and you are in coach “classic” on Aeromexico. In order to get Aeromexico’s “Premier” or first class seating, you now have to pay to upgrade on the connecting Aeromexico flight and have to do so on the Aeromexico website . Checked several itineraries and seems to be the case on all itineraries where Delta to Aeromexico is the connection through a Mexico City.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.