Checkin time for SEA

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2023, 12:59 am

Programs: BA Blue
Thanks for the help everyone.
Old May 20, 2023, 3:21 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Originally Posted by Zandy
Thanks for the swift responses. No we don't any have precheck or clear status, unless flying in 1st class provides any security line benefits. Previously, a few years ago, pre covid, we were directed through what I believe was a precheck area when flying 1st. We are using AVIS for the rental car.
We are driving north from Cannon Beach Oregon and have nominally allocated 4 hours for the drive, I'm wondering how long the check in and security processes may take with a sheduled departure time of 4pm.
Thanks again for any assistance, we will be on holiday from the UK so are not familiar with US domestic airtravel.
Yesterday(Friday), 4pm, regular TSA was 30-50 minute wait. Less than 5 min for TSA Pre-check.

Jiburi
Old May 23, 2023, 8:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, MM; Marriott Plat
Thanks to everyone for the advice. Wife got there 5ish with a 0615 spot saver but was through security by 0530. She was early enough to get a $800 bump on the SEA-ATL flight which would not have happened if she was not so early. I know if she was a little later lines would be a lot longer.
Old May 24, 2023, 6:02 am

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by Paplover
Thanks to everyone for the advice. Wife got there 5ish with a 0615 spot saver but was through security by 0530. She was early enough to get a $800 bump on the SEA-ATL flight which would not have happened if she was not so early. I know if she was a little later lines would be a lot longer.
Like, an $800 credit to give up her seat and take another flight?
Old May 24, 2023, 11:07 am

Programs: DL DM
SeaTac is a huge hit and miss. I use the very South most entry for Pre and Clear. I generally like to rid close to the sun and show up an hour before takeoff. But recently there's been equipment failures that resulted in long lines even on Pre+Clear so I've adjusted my arrival a bit LOL
entel likes this.
Old May 24, 2023, 12:22 pm
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
Any experiences about whether the southern or northern precheck line tends to be faster? (I usually end up at the northern one since it’s closer to the light rail station which is usually how I’m arriving). I was there on a Thursday mid-morning and pre check at the northern/checkpoint 4 line took about 15 minutes, which actually seemed fast given how long the line looked.
Old May 24, 2023, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by ryw
Any experiences about whether the southern or northern precheck line tends to be faster? (I usually end up at the northern one since it’s closer to the light rail station which is usually how I’m arriving). I was there on a Thursday mid-morning and pre check at the northern/checkpoint 4 line took about 15 minutes, which actually seemed fast given how long the line looked.
Checkpoint 1 always faster for me apart from the times I turn up and its closed (usually weekend afternoons but opening hours well detailed).
ryw and entel like this.
Old May 24, 2023, 5:45 pm

Programs: AA, AS, DL
Originally Posted by ryw
I recommend that you download the flySEA app. It will give you pretty accurate wait times at all TSA checkpoints. For example, it is 4:40 pm on Wednesday 5/24. According to the app, the wait times are currently 20-25 minutes at General Checkpoint 2, 35-40 minutes at General Checkpoint 3, < 5 minutes at Checkpoint 4 (PreCheck only), and 15-20 minutes at General Checkpoint 5. Checkpoint 1 (PreCheck only) is closed.
Old May 24, 2023, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, MM; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by lindros2
Like, an $800 credit to give up her seat and take another flight?
No, 4 $200 VISA debit cards. DL VDB is now paid in gift cards with VISA, MC and AMEX as options, plus others. She ended up arriving at final destination about 5-6 hours later than originally scheduled.
lindros2 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.