Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Medallion-specific call centers no longer.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2023, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond MM

Since the pandemic, I've lamented the decline in service on the Diamond line. Of course, some of this is because there are so many new call agents. But they don't seem trained well, and I end up having to tell them how some Medallion choice benefits/perks work. It's been frustrating to say the least. I have heard from reliable sources that, until recently, all Medallion calls were handled by two dedicated call centers - one in Salt Lake City, the other in Chisholm, MN. However, as of the end of this month (May, 2023), call centers, system wide, will field Medallion calls. Furthermore, the call agents at Chisholm, who have been trained and worked for years (some decades) with Medallion callers, will now be switched to baggage (which until now, had been handle out of Augusta, GA). I wish Delta would explain this bizarre (and terrible) change in policy.
RealHJ likes this.
Old May 8, 2023, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
you won't like their explanation; while it'll be full of phrases like "improving the customer experience for our valued Medallion members" and similar feel-good marketing-speak, I fully suspect the unspoken rationale is that DL expects to spend less on CSR salaries and benefits
Old May 8, 2023, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jrl767
you won't like their explanation; while it'll be full of phrases like "improving the customer experience for our valued Medallion members" and similar feel-good marketing-speak, I fully suspect the unspoken rationale is that DL expects to spend less on CSR salaries and benefits
I haven't liked most of Delta's explanations in the last few years. It's insulting - as if their customers are half-wits who can't think or read between beyond the lines. Someone at Delta corporate needs to reach out to its customers to find out what we value, and the reality of flying nowadays. They seem to be completely out of touch with their revenue generators.
Old May 8, 2023, 1:17 pm

Delta is a credit card company that flies planes on the side to drive people to get their credit cards.
Old May 8, 2023, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
SLC and Chisholm certainly haven't handled all calls for a while, especially since the pandemic shutdowns and buyouts/layoffs. Many can report that they've been routed to the Atlanta or other call centers depending on the time. If you call during the week and business hours for the preferred locations, you had a better chance of getting one of them but certainly was not exclusive.

Very unfortunate to hear that Chisholm is being reallocated to baggage handling though. That is a big disappointment and will just result in further dilution of the call center remaining knowledgeable agents.
unitedbusiness likes this.
Old May 8, 2023, 1:39 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
The pessimist in me says that redeploying Chisholm to baggage is to attempt to make the longer-tenured, higher-paid agents quit.

Being a good airline call center agent takes a lot of savvy -- you have to be both good with an aging computer system and good with people.
Old May 8, 2023, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I highly doubt one call center will handle bags exclusively.

Also as another notes, there have been no specific medallion agents in a few years.

At this point this is gossip. Might it pan out? Sure. However it's equally likely not.
hhdl and WillBarrett_68 like this.
Old May 8, 2023, 7:09 pm

Programs: Delta, United
Delta like many companies is going to be utilizing AI with their call centers and chats. That will "help" less experienced agents. So next time there is a IRROP instead of being routed through SLC you might find yourself in SCL or OAK instead of AUK. Happy flying.
Mhyduchak likes this.
Old May 8, 2023, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Back to UA, missing DL; Marriott Gold
I don't believe these "reliable sources" until and unless there's some official word about this.

Originally Posted by flyerCO
I highly doubt one call center will handle bags exclusively.

Also as another notes, there have been no specific medallion agents in a few years.

At this point this is gossip. Might it pan out? Sure. However it's equally likely not.
Exactly, especially from a brand new handle.
hhdl and pt360 like this.
Old May 8, 2023, 9:32 pm

Programs: Delta 360/DM/3MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Does anybody know where the 360 call center is out of?
Old May 9, 2023, 10:09 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Originally Posted by spudley007
Does anybody know where the 360 call center is out of?

Last edited by hi55us; May 9, 2023 at 10:28 am
Old May 9, 2023, 4:51 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Long time DM and 3MM... my two calls on this past Sunday were both handled by agents in ATL.
Old May 9, 2023, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by silverthief2
I don't believe these "reliable sources" until and unless there's some official word about this.

Exactly, especially from a brand new handle.

This is coming from a longtime medallion agent in Chisholm, who is one of the last in that call center being moved to baggage.

My first thought on this is echoed by the pessimist above.
Old May 9, 2023, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Back to UA, missing DL; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Magna Nullus
This is coming from a longtime medallion agent in Chisholm, who is one of the last in that call center being moved to baggage.

My first thought on this is echoed by the pessimist above.
And does this agent have a name?
Old May 9, 2023, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by silverthief2
And does this agent have a name?
You can choose to believe this or not. I’m not putting a longtime Delta employee on the line (especially without consent) to make a point here. The overall point is being made by the many medallions here who have noticed that Delta has shifted away from medallion-specific call centers, which is lowering the level and quality of service we experience.
drminn and RobertS975 like this.

Last edited by Magna Nullus; May 9, 2023 at 7:18 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.