Copenhagen Airport Lounges questions

Old Oct 10, 2023, 10:42 am

I'm flying with PP and within Schengen, but without access to the SAS Lounge. It looks like the Aspire Lounge and the Carlsberg Aviator Lounge are both viable--would anyone offer a recommendation based on recent experience?
Old Oct 10, 2023, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by wmrhix
I'm flying with PP and within Schengen, but without access to the SAS Lounge. It looks like the Aspire Lounge and the Carlsberg Aviator Lounge are both viable--would anyone offer a recommendation based on recent experience?
Carlsberg is quiter/emptier IME.
dtwlarry likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2023, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by wmrhix
Just a heads up. The Carlsberg Aviator lounge is very crowded these days.
Aviator has two lounges tha same place, the Apartment and Carlsberg lounges where as the latter is PP.
I use the apartment lounge due to AF/KL status but normally look inside Carlsberg and as stated it is busy!

The apartment lounge is very quiet so if that's what you are looking for, it would be worth asking if you can pay a premium on top of your PP to enter (it is pricier). I'm not sure it is possible but in my opinion worth while if doable.
Hepsaint likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2024, 1:12 pm

Hello everyone, my wife I are flying from LAX to CDG with a 5.5 hour stop over in Copenhagen on SAS. We have PP and each one has AMEX plat for Centurion lounge access. We are flying business class and we get access to SAS lounge. After reading this thread, am I correct to conclude that Eventyr lounge is our best option for a long layover? It would be nice to be able to take a shower, stretch out and grab a bite to eat. We have a mid-day layover (~12 pm to 5 pm local time), if this makes a difference. Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 5:45 am

I have found the Sky Team website to be very helpful with finding international lounges that are available to Skyteam Elite Plus economy passengers, business class passengers or both. Here's the website.

https://www.skyteam.com/en/lounges/

When searching for lounges a lot of detail is given including which specific lounge is available for Skyteam Elite Plus passengers with an international economy ticket, lounge hours, amenities and so forth. Also keep in mind that lounge access is not available upon arrival. But lounge access is available for departing and connecting passengers. For example, lounge access would be available at CDG for passengers departing or connecting with a Skyteam Airline in Paris.

So lounge benefits definitely continue for Skyteam Elite Plus passengers traveling in international economy and this includes benefits for Delta members that are Skyteam Elite Plus (Gold, Platinum or Diamond).

One change that has happened in roughly the last ten years, is that some third party lounges are no longer included as Skyteam lounges. But these third party lounges would then not be included on the listing of lounges as shown on the skyteam.com website.

The other big change is of course with Delta Airlines more recently restricting its own Skyteam Elite Plus international economy passengers from using its own Skyclub lounges. But this only applies to the Delta Skyclub lounges which are all in the USA except the Tokyo Skyclub which is the only Delta lounge outside the USA.

Access to Skyclubs for Delta members of course can be obtained through one of the American Express credit cards or through purchasing a membership (limited to medallion members).

I hope this helps clarity some of the confusion regarding lounge access that has been going on recently.
​​
Old May 17, 2024, 11:11 am

Programs: UA GS, *G, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Diamond, Platinum on Blockbuster, GameStop, several library cards
Originally Posted by Stil
With a valid passport you can go back and forth between Schengen and non-Schengen as much as you please in CPH.
If the Eventyr lounge is your preferred lounge you can still visit it flying intra Schengen, you just have to pass passport control.
I just tried that and was turned around by passport control, when I admitted I didn't have a ticket to a non-schengen destination. I asked for a clarification since the lady said I "shouldn't" go to the non-schengen area, and told me where my flight would depart. When asked whether I am not allowed by regulation, she replied that this is a grey area of the law, but that she would not allow me to pass. (It was actually hard to get her to say it, since she probably didn't want a give a command not rooted in law.) Note to others: Find a flight departing soon and just say the destination if they ask where you are going. They did not ask for tickets. 😁
Old May 17, 2024, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by lessthanzero
I just tried that and was turned around by passport control, when I admitted I didn't have a ticket to a non-schengen destination. I asked for a clarification since the lady said I "shouldn't" go to the non-schengen area, and told me where my flight would depart. When asked whether I am not allowed by regulation, she replied that this is a grey area of the law, but that she would not allow me to pass. (It was actually hard to get her to say it, since she probably didn't want a give a command not rooted in law.) Note to others: Find a flight departing soon and just say the destination if they ask where you are going. They did not ask for tickets. 😁
Actually it may have more to do with taxes. In the non-schenghen area taxes wouldn't apply to most sales. Of course also can cause issue with immigration. Did you leave or didn't you?
Old May 19, 2024, 4:28 am

Programs: UA GS, *G, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Diamond, Platinum on Blockbuster, GameStop, several library cards
flyerCO I arrived from GOT, going to BGO. Eventually I left CPH and went to BGO. I never was able to leave the Schengen part of the airport, but not sure what you meant.
Old May 22, 2024, 1:46 pm

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Hi. Has anyone used any of the Schengen lounges at CPH as an arrivals lounge using PP?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.