NEW MyTrips Update

Old Apr 4, 2023, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles | Platinum
NEW MyTrips Update

Not sure I'm a fan. This is a BIG change.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not seeing any difference. The My Skymiles page was updated a few weeks ago, but My Trips still looks the same to me. Perhaps a limited roll out?
Old Apr 4, 2023, 10:24 am

According to the update notes from yesterday, it says that My Trips was redesigned. But I'm also not seeing it.
ebayj likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 10:31 am
Original Poster

Its showing on the website.

secretalcoholic likes this.

Last edited by Minnyappleus; Apr 4, 2023 at 10:41 am
Old Apr 4, 2023, 10:37 am

I rebooted my phone, and now I can (inconsistently) get the new My Trips to show up. Not a fan.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Minnyappleus
Its showing on the website.
Okay, I've seen that in the updated App, but the website display is still the same old layout for me.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xliioper
Okay, I've seen that in the updated App, but the website display is still the same old layout for me.
The design introduces a lot of extra clicks for information… Its clean, but at what cost.
rylan, Ascii, royng and 2 others like this.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 11:32 am

Programs: DL DM; HH gold
Originally Posted by Minnyappleus
The design introduces a lot of extra clicks for information… Its clean, but at what cost.
Ah yes, "improvement" for the sake of improvement. It's a disease present in seemingly all things with a GUI. Stuff that used to take 1 click now takes 2 or 3, (or worse, 2 or 3 clicks PLUS a dropdown menu) seemingly for no other reason than to have the landing page appear more clean. Maddening.

On-topic: still showing the old interface here.
RealHJ and royng like this.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 12:01 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Originally Posted by woodenshoe101
Ah yes, "improvement" for the sake of improvement. It's a disease present in seemingly all things with a GUI. Stuff that used to take 1 click now takes 2 or 3, (or worse, 2 or 3 clicks PLUS a dropdown menu) seemingly for no other reason than to have the landing page appear more clean. Maddening.

On-topic: still showing the old interface here.
Now, now...software engineers need to be kept busy or they might need to be laid off... /sarc

I won't lie...most of the time when I run into GUI "improvements" a nasty part of me hopes that the vendor got stiffed on their bill. It's how much I appreciate their work. For example, over at Amtrak I can no longer just punch in a station code...it refuses to recognize just the code and I have to click/tap on the station name (and when tapping, I miss it a certain share of the time and have to try again). Delta's similar.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by GrayAnderson
Now, now...software engineers need to be kept busy or they might need to be laid off... /sarc
It's for the designers and PMs who need to justify their continued employment and/or promotion
RealHJ, GrayAnderson and hhdl like this.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 6:13 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC, CLEAR
Cannot for the life of me see where I can select my comp upgrade options, like setting C+ only for aisle or window….please tell me this isn’t missing!
Old Apr 4, 2023, 7:02 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
The Millennial & GenZ'ers are at it again, as usual. It's what they see as looking good vs. simplicity, accuracy and speed of important info the the customer.

I still have the old versions on the Android APP (v5.31) and the web.
rylan, micstatic and demkr like this.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
I see nothing has ever changed here....people will complain about anything they can. They even complained about automated gate announcements, adding GIDS, and food being added in the SkyClub back in the day.
Old Apr 5, 2023, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Showing up on the website also now. What a horrible change. Small fonts. Slow to load. Half of the trip info page is garbage ads or sales pitches... trip insurance, hotel, cars etc.

Worst part - now requires multiple clicking to bring up additional menus/pulldowns and windows to do the same thing you used to be ale to do in a single click/action.

Even better - I canceled a flight so I could rebook it, and it still shows up in my trips as an active/upcoming trip as if nothing happened.
Ascii likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2023, 8:00 am

Programs: Delta PM, SPG, Hertz Presidents Circle, IHG Ambassador, CLEAR/Global Entry
Mobile App with new look just kicked in for me. A couple extra swipes and new navigation. Wish they would fix the issue with notifications to travelers of equipment changes and subsequent seat re-assignments now

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.