Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Unable to checkin on Air France/Delta from Europe

Old Feb 18, 2023, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: EXP,EX-CK 2.5mm, now lifetime Platinum, ex-UA1K, Marriott- Platinum, Hertz 5*

I am trying to help my sister check in for her flight from MRS to CDG to JFK to SAV and it won't let me get past the "You must provide your destination address for your trip to the United States" box. I have tried several addresses.
The metal is:
MRS to CDG AF
CDG to JFK AF
JFK to SAV DL

She is an inexperienced flyer and fairly nervous about not being able to checkin. I have advised her to call Delta. This is a revenue ticket without any upgrades etc.

Any advice so I can help her?

Thanks much!

Last edited by goldengate; Feb 18, 2023 at 1:03 pm
Old Feb 18, 2023, 10:22 am

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
Have you tried checking in on AF? Usually when I try to check in on an AF flight Delta forwards me to AF - you need your ticket number and the last name of the passenger as the PNR sometimes does not work.
SuperG1955 likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: EXP,EX-CK 2.5mm, now lifetime Platinum, ex-UA1K, Marriott- Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by drminn
Have you tried checking in on AF? Usually when I try to check in on an AF flight Delta forwards me to AF - you need your ticket number and the last name of the passenger as the PNR sometimes does not work.
Yes... apologies, I should have stated that this issue is on the AF site after Delta sends me there to check her in.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 10:24 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Is this a DL (006) or AF (057) ticketed trip?

Tell her not to panic. She can check in at the airport. I had this happen on an AF ticketed trip last month and checked in at the airport 3 hours before the flight with no problem. In any case, they'll want to verify her documentation at the airport.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 10:31 am
Original Poster

It's a DL (006) ticketed flight.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 11:51 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Do you have he AF PNR?

Have you checked out the resources on this web page?

https://wwws.airfrance.us/contact/tr...n/help-checkin
Old Feb 18, 2023, 12:44 pm

Programs: Delta 1 MM, Platinum. Marriott-Hilton Gold
So the way to do is to use the Delta PNR and then do a find my booking on AF using last name and Delta PNR. Your sister's booking will show up with the AF PNR. She can use that to log in. In the event she is not able to log in, they will send an email and ask to check in a the airport. This month coming back from BLR, I could not checkin and had to do the same at the airport. One reason could be Delta allows checkin only 24 hours prior to departure but European airlines have more than 24 hours for checkin.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 1:04 pm

Programs: FB Gold
It'll be fine to check in at MRS, it's not a busy airport.
goldengate likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

The booking is coming up just fine on the AF site. The issue is that the AF site doesn't accept the "destination address" (her home) in the USA. Can't get past that screen. Sounds like she will just need to get to the airport early and check in the old fashioned way.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 3:12 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
I would say my success rate checking in online in advance when traveling on mixed carrier trips is 50/50 -- and that since you have to check in at the airport anyway, there is nothing to stress about.
boss315 and secretalcoholic like this.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Try using the KLM app. While both should function the same, AF/KL have slightly different interfaces. When AF fails usually KLM will work.
Utskicat likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 9:03 pm

Programs: DL DM
Theres a chance the booking is tagged for the extra security SSSS which will generally not let you check in online. Though the error suggests this is not the case perhaps. When I was going back and forth a lot I was averaging 1 out of 10
inbounds with it despite having Global Entry.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 9:16 pm
Original Poster

KLM didn't work either... she'll be fine. Thanks all for your help!
Old Feb 19, 2023, 7:42 am

Programs: Yeah, well, don’t really care anymore
Originally Posted by noah
I would say my success rate checking in online in advance when traveling on mixed carrier trips is 50/50 -- and that since you have to check in at the airport anyway, there is nothing to stress about.
Same here, not worth making a hassle of. You’re going to be at the airport anyway; just get there half an hour earlier and do the check-in talking to a real human being. Like in the old days.

In fact that’s what I commonly do when connecting on mixed carriers; seats are already reserved at time of booking and there will usually be a bag to check when connecting on mixed carriers. Simply can’t be bovvered even attempting an on-line check-in when that’s the case.
Old Feb 19, 2023, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Sheikh Yerbooty
Same here, not worth making a hassle of. Youre going to be at the airport anyway; just get there half an hour earlier and do the check-in talking to a real human being. Like in the old days.

In fact thats what I commonly do when connecting on mixed carriers; seats are already reserved at time of booking and there will usually be a bag to check when connecting on mixed carriers. Simply cant be bovvered even attempting an on-line check-in when thats the case.
OLCI can let you know if there's an issue before getting to airport. Ie missing/incorrectly issued ticket, schedule change last minute, etc... I will also still goto counter to get BPs printed as eBP can fail.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.