Wiki Posts
Search

Automated Check In at SkyClubs

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2023, 1:23 pm
Formerly known as scootr29
Original Poster

Automated Check In at SkyClubs

Does anyone else find it slightly intrusive that the large computer screen displays your full name snd status to anyone within eye sight?

Tinfoil hat is on!
Old Feb 13, 2023, 1:29 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
No.

(filler)
Old Feb 13, 2023, 1:43 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Not from a tinfoil hat perspective, but I don't like it.

No different privacy wise than the agent saying it outloud. Thank you Mr. Defrosted departing B11 and thank you for your platinum status.

But this automated thing now they don't even bother. More automation means less humanity. Oh well such is progress.
SSF556, Fly2Connect and hhdl like this.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 1:48 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; etc
It doesn't bother me at all - the boarding computer says the same information when you scan your BP to board the plane as well.

I personally like it, same with the handheld scanner person that they have at clubs like SEA. It gets me in the club faster.
jaimemayo and SSF556 like this.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 2:15 pm

Programs: Delta PM, SPG, Hertz Presidents Circle, IHG Ambassador, CLEAR/Global Entry
Does the automated check-in also conduct the purchase of a guest skyclub admittance or do you still have to go to a humanoid to swipe the card? Asking for my Teddy Ruxpin Bear...
SSF556 and Dracarys like this.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by Hepsaint
Does the automated check-in also conduct the purchase of a guest skyclub admittance or do you still have to go to a humanoid to swipe the card? Asking for my Teddy Ruxpin Bear...
Yes, it also handles the Platinum cardholders who have to pay for their own entry as well.
Hepsaint, SSF556 and Barrheadlass like this.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
No. You should definitely not scan your BP in the center display in DTW.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 3:09 pm

Programs: DL DM
Don’t see an issue on my end either.
SSF556 likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 3:50 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Yes it is rather annoying that the next passenger, if they are quick enough, can see your entire name on the screen display.
not the best from a privacy standpoint
SSF556 likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 4:36 pm

Programs: DL
If I'd want my full name and status displayed to everyone, I'd print them on the tshirt I wear while strolling through the airport. It's creepy, dude behind me could be some rando who doesn't care or he could be a youtube lounge reviewer filming everything in sight, now all of a sudden I'm on tv. I check my rearview mirror when I check into the lounge, but it's still a bit worrisome.
Ysitincoach and SSF556 like this.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by SSF556
Does anyone else find it slightly intrusive that the large computer screen displays your full name snd status to anyone within eye sight?

Tinfoil hat is on!
literally nobody in line behind you cares who you are, don't worry
Old Feb 13, 2023, 5:50 pm

Programs: AS100k, DL Diamond, MarriottAmb, FlyingBlueSilver
Originally Posted by manacit
It doesn't bother me at all - the boarding computer says the same information when you scan your BP to board the plane as well.

I personally like it, same with the handheld scanner person that they have at clubs like SEA. It gets me in the club faster.
Most of the time faster, but I have been at a few (DTW last week) where the people at the kiosks where all challenged with getting the "green light" from the scanner.. Eligibility issues, tech issues, who knows, then an agent has to come come over and if its multiple groups having issues the same time, look out.... .. I ended up walking past the 3 or 4 scanners to the one person working the desk...

Last edited by FenwayTim; Feb 13, 2023 at 5:50 pm Reason: spelling
Old Feb 13, 2023, 5:58 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by FenwayTim
Most of the time faster, but I have been at a few (DTW last week) where the people at the kiosks where all challenged with getting the "green light" from the scanner.. Eligibility issues, tech issues, who knows, then an agent has to come come over and if its multiple groups having issues the same time, look out.... .. I ended up walking past the 3 or 4 scanners to the one person working the desk...
I run into this from time-to-time as well. Nice to have the floating agent at times to keep the crowd moving.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 7:21 pm

I have a dozen brag tags on my roll bag so I am ok
MichaelKade and ostatekitty like this.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 8:12 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I think they ought to have Michael Buffer or a look/spund-alike to take to the microphone and belt out, "Now Entering the SkyClub, 3 Million Miler, First Class Passenger and All Around Good Guy, ND76, Let's Get Ready to Rum-blllllle"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.