Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What happened to reasonable points flights ?

Old Jan 25, 2023, 9:39 pm

Programs: AA,DL,F9,UA,WN
I'm needing to get to Jeddah later this year and I noticed an Economy ticket from Orlando is priced at 515,000 miles roundtrip. (464,000 from New York) But booking an award ticket to Paris & back is 80,000 and Paris - Jeddah is 50,000 roundtrip for a total of 130,000 miles. Not sure why they would put such a ridiculous price on a through ticket (which goes through Paris anyway) if they sell the components for so much less.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 9:47 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
Originally Posted by oldtirednbusy
Original Poster

Programs: DL UA

They disappeared in the early 2000s.
The 90sthe good ole days
Good to see you OTnB! Been awhile.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 9:56 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by njvj
I am trying to book J class to Prague this summer. When I look at points and miles I get 300k plus $393. Am I missing something? Is there a better way ? I used to be able to get 75k points, granted, it was 5 years ago.
A lot of people are using this thread to make their pet arguments about devaluation, but even five years ago, it would have been very difficult to get business class flights to Europe for peak summer travel in late January at that price. Yes, there has been devaluation, but even a decade ago, business class low level redemptions for the summer to Prague sold out sold out 9-11 months before the flight.
hhdl likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.