Wiki Posts
Search

Free Wi-fi Review

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2023, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat
Free Wi-fi Review

I’m sitting on DL1943 and the GA and FA announced we would have free WiFi onboard.

When I connected to the wifi it asked me to login with my skymiles or if I didn’t know the password name email and date of birth.

WiFi is the same as before when you had to pay 5 bucks no difference in speed however I am able to download videos and upload them to WhatsApp previously that was impossible to do.

Tiktok Facebook and Instagram videos will load the first 10 seconds then nothing.

if you don’t login to your skymiles and just connect you will have access to text and WhatsApp.

Old Jan 9, 2023, 10:54 pm

I have been on ~10ish flights with the free WiFi in the last couple of months (they have been testing since Oct or Nov), and as recently as last Friday. I have had no issue with TikTok videos or Instagram Reels. On last Friday's flight I watched YouTube videos the whole flight. Based on my experience, I don't think they are blocking video, so it may have been just an anomaly on your flight.

I do agree that performance seems to be the same as the $5 ViaSat.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 3:16 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
Had free wifi on 1743 from MCO-ATL this morning for the first time finally and was impressed. As stated above, performance seemed the same as when it was $5 and I had no issues with it whatsoever. My connecting flight from ATL-SBN on the other hand...let's just say the wifi on those old SkyWest CRJ900's is, well, special.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 7:57 am

I had one last month where the inflight entertainment system wasnt working and I was able to take advantage of the free wifi to watch netflix and other streaming services. Did not try facebook/tiktok but it was great for streaming.
Old Jan 14, 2023, 4:16 pm

Nice. I hope they are offering this on my upcoming flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.