Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

KLM Not Seeing my Elite Status - Whether Flight Booked on klm.com or delta.com

KLM Not Seeing my Elite Status - Whether Flight Booked on klm.com or delta.com

Old Jan 10, 2023, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by VFR
You've been an elite for a long time, so the theory that KLM's database is slow to update doesn't make sense for you, since it would have your prior status. I do like the account restriction theory a lot for why it wasn't working for you.

I used to be a PM on this FF# and remember getting free EC seats with KLM, so it has worked for me in the past. I'm just chalking it up to one of those cases where the JV is not as smooth as it is supposed to be.
I was suggesting the possibility that the system was broken and no one's elite status from Delta was being reflected on KLM./AF for a period of time.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 6:45 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Originally Posted by BigFlyer
I was suggesting the possibility that the system was broken and no one's elite status from Delta was being reflected on KLM./AF for a period of time.
I don't think so, because on one of my KLM PNRs there are two other Delta FOs that are showing +1 checked bag.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
+1. When duplicate PNRs get created, KL has habit of not showing my status. Strangely it happens more with KLM bookings than AF.

Last edited by flyerCO; Jan 10, 2023 at 11:53 pm
Old Jan 10, 2023, 11:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by VFR
I don't think so, because on one of my KLM PNRs there are two other Delta FOs that are showing +1 checked bag.
I agree, in light of that info.
Old Apr 23, 2023, 1:12 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
I had this issue today when flying KLM; realized when I checked-in yesterday that it was not picking up my status. Messages with KLM confirmed that my DL number was in the reservation but no status came through. I am zone 3 for boarding, they would not let me access the lounge - blaming delta and told me to call them because as far as they were concerned I was just a Delta FQTV despite showing my card. Nobody would help; will be interesting to see what miles show up
Old Apr 23, 2023, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by noah
I had this issue today when flying KLM; realized when I checked-in yesterday that it was not picking up my status. Messages with KLM confirmed that my DL number was in the reservation but no status came through. I am zone 3 for boarding, they would not let me access the lounge - blaming delta and told me to call them because as far as they were concerned I was just a Delta FQTV despite showing my card. Nobody would help; will be interesting to see what miles show up
Did you pull up My Wallet? I'm not sure what card you're talking about and that's best guess.
Old Apr 23, 2023, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by noah
Have you seen my post #8 in this thread where I explain how I fixed the problem?

The way to test to see if your problem has the same cause - try to make a Skymiles booking, and see if it issues the ticket. If the system won't issue the ticket, then you have the same problem I have and need to get the restriction lifted. If the system does issue the ticket, you can redeposit it immediately and get a refund.
Old Apr 25, 2023, 9:31 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
After landing at AMS and getting turned away from the Crown Lounge at 52, I went to the Crown Lounge at 25 and the agent there let me into the club based on showing the card in My Wallet on the app and then spent about 10 minutes (while I was getting settled) working on it. She came back eventually with a new boarding pass showing Zone 2 boarding. She had no idea what happened, said she had to try multiple ways to get the system to recognize the status, eventually deleted a lot of info before re-entering it into the correct fields and it was recognized. This was a corporate booking via our travel portal so I have a sneaking suspicion that's where the data issue originated.

Originally Posted by BigFlyer
Have you seen my post #8 in this thread where I explain how I fixed the problem?
Yes, I tried that before I posted

Last edited by noah; Apr 25, 2023 at 9:44 am
Old Apr 25, 2023, 9:44 am

Duplicate deleted

Last edited by noah; Apr 25, 2023 at 9:44 am Reason: Duplicated
Old Apr 25, 2023, 3:59 pm

Programs: Marriot TE, Delta DM, UA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Not the exact issue you had, but I found out like early March that my skymiles account had a restriction on it from last November or so. I can't even recall now exactly what I was trying to do, but I was frustrated to not end until I called and they mentioned they had a fraud alert and that I was not accruing skymiles or couldn't use my account. This was interesting since I flew and accrued status/miles since February of this year no problem. They made me change my password and that resolved whatever issue I was having.

I heard a few other people I know have the same "restricted" but "not restricted" skymiles issue that all happened last fall.

I am very curious to know what happened in the Fall that led to this because I was never given a real answer.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.