RUC and GUC request at purchase now on

Old Dec 13, 2022, 7:10 am
Original Poster

RUC and GUC request at purchase now on

Perhaps in testing, perhaps everywhere now
Spiff, emma dog, Zorak and 5 others like this.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Interesting. I did a dummy booking and see it during the payment/checkout page also, and gives me the option to select either one of my RUCs or GUCs.

I hope the ability to add this to existing itineraries or add cert use after purchase will be included as well. Wouldn't make sense for the only place for adding an upgrade cert is during purchase of a new ticket.

Also checked if you can apply a cert while changing an already booked flight... option not there.
happydad100 and becks1 like this.

Last edited by rylan; Dec 13, 2022 at 7:46 am
Old Dec 13, 2022, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott Amb (LTT)
And you all expect the tickets to be issued or reissued correctly even if you apply the RUC/GUC online and an upgrade clears? Best laugh of my morning

-RM
Old Dec 13, 2022, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
And you all expect the tickets to be issued or reissued correctly even if you apply the RUC/GUC online and an upgrade clears? Best laugh of my morning

-RM
Now, whoever said we expect all that. Hahahaha
RobOnLI likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond

-RM
LOL

But seriously thanks for finally getting with the times here Delta, Ive been able to do this on UA for a while now. Hopefully its works
Spiff, happydad100 and RobOnLI like this.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 10:46 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles Diamond Medallion, Delta Amex Reserve, Marriott Rewards Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Spire
So just purchased a premium select ticket with GUC availability. Seems to be fully broken. Upgraded me on the domestics but not on the international at all - even though website clearly showed and shows 2 seats available for global upgrade. text agent said I applied them from Comfort+ to First Class - yikes. Then says no availability and have to waitlist. Have pushed back, lets see if I need to call in to get it right.

So far 0/10. Call in.

OK - so update before posting, the text agent said system needed to catch up. Was able to get confirmed into Delta One now, but ticket has been sent to que - I asked for but did not want to push for reissue. Will have to call or try Twitter later. I never wait long though for ticket reissues.

Still - probably will be great for RUC's on domestic, as the domestic upgraded instantly at purchase, but International is a risk.

Last edited by whooperatw; Dec 13, 2022 at 11:24 am Reason: text corrections
Old Dec 13, 2022, 11:12 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wouldn't it be lovely if we could also do MUAs this way...
Old Dec 13, 2022, 11:47 am

-RM
In general its easy to see if ticket is reissued correctly - if your RUC shows as closed in your profile then all is good.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Extremely welcome news. Even the ability to see space online (waitlist or confirmed) was a big improvement versus calling and having agents search multiple flights but this is indeed another needed step in the right direction if this is now online and across the board. I did just try a dummy booking and could see the availability during flight selection but no options on the next page. Could be because I don't have any open RUCs or GUCs in my account at the moment.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 11:55 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles Diamond Medallion, Delta Amex Reserve, Marriott Rewards Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Spire
Well - an interesting note on the reissue and cert closing.

All of my GUC's I used for this AMS roundtrip already show closed but no receipt showing OV class. I will ask for full reissue still, but have also downloaded a copy of the itinerary as reference of being booked into D1 and FC for the flights.

Perhaps this will push things away from full reissue? Let's see.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 12:20 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Just worked for me, booked and confirmed in first!
Old Dec 13, 2022, 12:43 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum
I don't see the RUC option on my payment page. You all can see a place to check the RUC before payment, correct?

I am trying to use a Companion ticket, but that shouldn't matter. Should still give me the option to upgrade both of us, correct? I have 4 left, so, I should see them.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by Elizabeth208
I don't see the RUC option on my payment page. You all can see a place to check the RUC before payment, correct?

I am trying to use a Companion ticket, but that shouldn't matter. Should still give me the option to upgrade both of us, correct? I have 4 left, so, I should see them.
Can you apply an RUC to a companion ticket? You did not used to be able to but I don't know the current rules.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 1:15 pm

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
Darn! Booked my ticket yesterday and applied a RUC by calling in.
I guess I can't beta-test this. You FT-ers can let us know if it actually works
Old Dec 13, 2022, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by secretalcoholic
Darn! Booked my ticket yesterday and applied a RUC by calling in.
I guess I can't beta-test this. You FT-ers can let us know if it actually works
It worked for me, and here is a screenshot of the notification I got (flight numbers covered)

secretalcoholic and MileTrek like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.