Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

SkyClub Access Policy Changes (Dec 2022 Announcement)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SkyClub Access Policy Changes (Dec 2022 Announcement)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2022, 11:04 am

Just got the email from delta:

Important Policy Updates

Effective February 2, 2023: Delta SkyMiles® Platinum or Platinum Business Basic and Additional Card Members will have access to the Delta Sky Club® at a per-visit rate of $50 per person (previously $39) when traveling on a same-day Delta or Delta partner airline flight. Card Members may also bring up to two guests or immediate family (spouse/domestic partner and children under 21) at a per-visit rate of $50 per person (previously $39), per location.*

Effective February 2, 2023, Diamond, Platinum, and Gold Medallion® Members flying internationally in Main Cabin or Delta Comfort+® will no longer receive Delta Sky Club access, unless they have access through a different entry method (such as a Delta Sky Club membership). Please note that Diamond, Platinum, or Gold Medallion Status still permits entry to the Club if flying in Delta Premium Select internationally or Delta One®‡.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 11:06 am

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
I’m absolutely writing in about this, completely ridiculous. Good to know that me as a club member will be getting my membership jacked up when it’s the AMEX holders that are the problem, yet I’m paying the price for it. As a DM they’re also getting rid of the individual membership option for a choice benefit! Also nice to see that Delta is valuing AMEX Platinum holders more than its own elites which speaks volumes on how they actually view their customers. I’ve been very patient with Delta and let a lot slide in the past but if this is how I get paid back, you bet I’m gonna at least consider other options.
Spiff, jiburi, kthomas and 3 others like this.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 11:09 am

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
Today we learned of Delta's contribution to resolving the overcrowding issue. Amex will no doubt announce theirs in due time in the form of annual fee increases and/or limits/surcharges on SkyClub entry.
I was gonna say...isn't the overcrowding mostly because of the amount of Amex cardholders with free entry?
(I might be wrong on this)
Old Nov 30, 2022, 11:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL GOLD, IHG LIFE PLAT, BONVOY'ED GOLD
Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
Today we learned of Delta's contribution to resolving the overcrowding issue. Amex will no doubt announce theirs in due time in the form of annual fee increases and/or limits/surcharges on SkyClub entry.
They have no reason or incentive to, Delta is locked in a contract with AMEX, there's no requirements or need for AMEX to change any of their policies as they are not being affected. Its crazy to believe how AMEX Skyclubs are prioritizing card holders. Especially with the no lounge access on INTL tickets, which was one of the sole features that made me reach for gold, especially during MEXICO/Canada travel. I wonder what this will mean for aeromexico Travel however.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Where is the part that states DMs can't use a choice benefit to get SC membership? That was not in the email communication from DL.

Summary of email:

Single access rates going from $39 -> $50 for guests
Membership price going up to $695 (and exec going to an outrageous $1495 - better bring companions a LOT to make up for that extra $800 over the individual)
Status required to buy a membership - no more general pax buying
Access eliminated for all STE+ elites flying international main cabin
Old Nov 30, 2022, 11:18 am

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by rylan
Where is the part that states DMs can't use a choice benefit to get SC membership? That was not in the email communication from DL.

Summary of email:

Membership price going up to $695 (and exec going to an outrageous $1495 - better bring companions a LOT to make up for that extra $800 over the individual)
No more individual membership. Have to get Executive for DM's (and uses 3 choice benefits)

https://news.delta.com/look-ahead-de...and-expansions

Diamond Medallion members who select Executive Club access via their Choice Benefits.

• Members who reach Diamond Medallion status for the 2024 Medallion Year and beyond: The cost for an Executive Membership will increase from two to three Choice Benefit selections.
  • Individual Membership and Credit Card Guest Pass access will no longer be offered via Choice Benefits for the 2024 Medallion Year and beyond. Effective Feb. 1, 2023 for the 2024 Medallion Year.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 11:19 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Gold, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist

Summary of email:

It doesn't say so but TPG reporting it. Maybe they're wrong? EDIT per previous post

If they do remove the guest pass, people on this forum ought to be quite happy as most families with children between 2 and 13 won't be able to enter without paying $50/person or shelling out for an executive membership separately from credit cards.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 11:20 am

Programs: DL DM-2MM, BA Gold, A3 Gold, AF Plat

Summary of email:

You can use 3 choice benefits for the executive membership.
" Effective February 1, 2023 for the 2024 Medallion year, Individual Club Membership and Guest Pass (Credit Card Access) will no longer be a Choice Benefit option for Diamond Medallions, and the price of the Executive Membership Choice Benefit will be valued at three Choice Benefits. We value our Diamond Medallion Members, and more information on the benefits we offer our highest Medallion Tier can be found here."
Old Nov 30, 2022, 11:20 am

Programs: DL PM,
No Access

Originally Posted by rwSEA
How would this work for medallion member access to other sky team lounges? For example a Diamond traveling in Econony within Europe who currently has access to an AF or KL lounge.

From what what said earlier, IF you're NOT in Delta One or Premium Select Internationally, you do NOT have access to SKYTEAM?Partner Lounges.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 11:21 am

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR

Summary of email:

• As of February 1, 2023, the ability to get Sky Club access with Diamond Medallion Choice Benefits will be changing; it will no longer be possible to select an Individual membership via Delta’s Choice Benefits program, and an Executive membership will require three Choice Benefits selections, rather than two
https://onemileatatime.com/news/delt...s_are_changing
​​​​​​​
coast_2_coast likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Nice that wasn't communicated in the email from DL with all of the other changes/downgrades to SC access.

So basically that means no more comp SC through choice benefits, since who in their right mind would ever use all 3 benefits for exec membership. Or, who would even pay for an exec membership at the outlandish cash price?
Old Nov 30, 2022, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Xeno
Are other quoting the email I got at 11:36 am, CST?
That email says this with DL SM PL or Pl Biz Basic and "additional card members" will be charged $50.
I have a DL SM PL, but my SC access is through Corp AMEX PL.
Are they saying that despite the horrible fee I pay for Corp AMEX PL that I will be charged $50 for each visit?
No. It's perfectly clear to me, re-read the email you posted. The $50 only applies to the co-branded Delta Plat cards (well and the guest fee on the Amex unbranded cards will go up) but no change for the primary Amex Plat cardholder.
Xeno and northinsouth like this.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 11:25 am

Programs: DL PM,
Please Understand

Originally Posted by thesaints
Just got the email

IMO, they removed the biggest perk for GM, but I'm glad DL still lets me use the SkyClub when traveling in business !

Please understand that is "PAID" Business and NOT a complimentary upgrade.
Synapseturquoise and MitjaPod like this.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 11:26 am

Programs: DL DM-2MM, BA Gold, A3 Gold, AF Plat
Originally Posted by rwSEA
How would this work for medallion member access to other sky team lounges? For example a Diamond traveling in Econony within Europe who currently has access to an AF or KL lounge.
I actually don't see in the email where it addresses this.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 11:27 am

Programs: Delta-DM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis Whatever
The best part about being a Diamond was the ability to have lounge access as a choice benefit. I use that more than anything. I don't need an executive membership because I'm the one who travels, not my spouse. Delta will be nice for the next year, but I don't see myself with them in the future.

One thing everyone forgets, a lot of people have been rolled over as Diamond for multiple years. I bet a bunch of them don't get get Diamond with the new requirements. This all seems very premature on Delta's part.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.