Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles

Changed reservation with Delta, LATAM didn't get the memo

Old Nov 24, 22, 8:29 am
Original Poster

I bought a RT ticket from Delta but the operating airline is LATAM. The original departure date was tomorrow but I changed it after a few days to some day in December. I got the LATAM PNR from Delta's chat but when I check it, it's still showing my flight date at the LATAM's website as tomorrow.

I contacted LATAM, they said both flights are still in my itinerary and I need to contact Delta. I talked to Delta, they said everything is alright and I shouldn't worry. Well, I'm worried.

Any ideas of what might happen here? LATAM will see a no-show tomorrow. Will they cancel my ticket? Hopefully they'll also have my other departure in December under the same PNR, will that help at all? Anything I can try to help? I've tried HUCA with both airlines but it didn't help.

Thanks

Last edited by dtc_; Nov 24, 22 at 8:30 am Reason: Grammar
Old Nov 24, 22, 8:46 am
vji

it's not a well-documented issue, but it does exist as LATAM's systems don't pick up any changes.

your options are:
get them both on the phone in a 3-way call (via supervisor or other method)
find an airport where they both operate ticketing offices in person (JFK, MIA) and get them to reconcile there

since it's Delta's ticket you may be better off, as they can see the coupons they've booked you on.

good luck.
Old Nov 24, 22, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vji View Post
it's not a well-documented issue, but it does exist as LATAM's systems don't pick up any changes.

your options are:
get them both on the phone in a 3-way call (via supervisor or other method)
find an airport where they both operate ticketing offices in person (JFK, MIA) and get them to reconcile there

since it's Delta's ticket you may be better off, as they can see the coupons they've booked you on.

good luck.
Thanks for your reply.

Given that the initial flight is tomorrow and today everyone's must be busy with the holiday season, I'll probably wait until Monday and see how things are by then. Hopefully it will just fix by itself (wishful thinking).
Old Nov 24, 22, 9:36 am

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, BAEC GGL, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
Given the "High" quality of both Delta's and LATAM's IT, I'd follow vji's advise and escalate it with Delta. A supervisor or the partner desk should be able either fix it themselves or work with LATAM.

Definitely don't leave it until the first flight, since both Delta and LATAM can be extremely difficult by themselves and even worse when they're both involved, especially when their IT systems are the cause of the problem..
Old Nov 24, 22, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Thanks vji and ttuna3 for pushing me to talk to Delta about this. I've just called them and, surprisingly, they were amazing. They called LATAM right away and resolved the issue with them. They said I was right to be concerned. At the end, they generated a new reservation for me. Thanks again for your help.
Old Nov 24, 22, 12:59 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, BAEC GGL, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
OP,
Negative problem with that, glad to be of service.

I've had enough issues before with both Delta and LATAM(not together as you've had) on codeshares over the years so I've learned to get with them ASAP before things get really ugly.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Have too much fun but don't get caught!
Old Nov 24, 22, 7:59 pm

I am happy it worked out. This is why I don't trust airline alliances. No confidence in a a Delta flight operated by a partner airline. Can't pick seats. Benefits vary. Finger pointing when something goes wrong. I just don't do it.

Search this Thread