KLM Crown lounge access in AMS

Old Nov 13, 22, 7:46 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 80
KLM Crown lounge access in AMS

I am DL Platinum, and have the Blue Reserve AmEx.

Flying to OSL in January, with a layover in AMS both ways. My minor son will be traveling with me.

We are Delta One on our DTW flight into AMS, as well as our AMS flight back to JFK on our trip home.

I can access the KLM Crown lounges in AMS both ways via my Platinum status, correct? My Delta One tix are irrelevant/redundant for my situation, right?

It seems that way from the DL site, but was hoping someone here could verify from first-hand experience.

Please and thank you.

Last edited by squirk; Nov 13, 22 at 8:01 pm
squirk is offline  
Old Nov 13, 22, 7:53 pm
  #2  
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: WAS
Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Plat, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Posts: 17,217
Originally Posted by squirk View Post
I am DL Platinum, and have the Blue Reserve AmEx.

Flying to OSL in January, with a layover in AMS both ways. My minor son will be traveling with me.

We are Delta One on our DTW flight into AMS, as well as our AMS flight back to JFK on our trip home.

I can access the KLM Crown lounges in AMS both ways via my Platinum status, correct?
Yes.

Your PM status gets you into the KLM lounges with a +1, even if you were in economy.

Being in D1 gets you into the lounge also, even if you didn't have status.

(Reserve AMEX is only relevant for Delta Sky Clubs)
Synapseturquoise likes this.
Zorak is offline  
Old Nov 13, 22, 8:04 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 80
Originally Posted by Zorak View Post
Yes.

Your PM status gets you into the KLM lounges with a +1, even if you were in economy.

Being in D1 gets you into the lounge also, even if you didn't have status.

(Reserve AMEX is only relevant for Delta Sky Clubs)
Thanks. Was pretty sure thatís what I was seeing on the site, but I feel better now that youíve confirmed. Much appreciated.
kthomas likes this.
squirk is offline  
Old Nov 13, 22, 8:39 pm
  #4  
JN1
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: LAX
Programs: Delta Sky Miles - Gold Medallion
Posts: 18
Yeah I was stoked to learn that DL Gold Medallion got me access to KLM lounges at AMS regardless of class.
JN1 is offline  
Old Nov 14, 22, 3:43 am
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 80
Originally Posted by JN1 View Post
Yeah I was stoked to learn that DL Gold Medallion got me access to KLM lounges at AMS regardless of class.
Oddly, when I go to the KLM lounge web site and try to book a sleep cabin in the Non-Schengen lounge for my layover, when I enter my name and ticket number, Iím told ďYou donít have lounge access with this ticket.Ē

It recognizes the ticket, and my entire outbound itinerary, on the KLM site, so I am not sure why it thinks I donít have lounge access. Hopefully, itís just a glitch that a phone call can address.
squirk is offline  
Old Nov 14, 22, 7:19 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 10
This summer we flew Delta One Boston to Amsterdam, connecting to Salzburg on Transavia. When we arrived in Amsterdam we tried to get into the KLM lounge and were denied. We were told it's a departures lounge (not for arrivals) and since our outbound flight wasn't on a SkyTeam carrier we were SOL.
Tonyh120 is offline  
Old Nov 14, 22, 9:20 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New England
Programs: Delta Platinum, United Gold, American Platinum, Wyndham Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Posts: 5,177
Originally Posted by Tonyh120 View Post
This summer we flew Delta One Boston to Amsterdam, connecting to Salzburg on Transavia. When we arrived in Amsterdam we tried to get into the KLM lounge and were denied. We were told it's a departures lounge (not for arrivals) and since our outbound flight wasn't on a SkyTeam carrier we were SOL.
That is correct. You must be departing on a SkyTeam carrier (in addition to your class of service or elite status that grants access) to get in. Lounge access on arrival or connecting to a non alliance partner is a uniquely US thing. Otherwise, you'd need to seek out an arrivals lounge.

If the OP's connection to Oslo is on KLM or another SkyTeam carrier, they'll have access for their AMS-OSL leg. If not, then they only have access on the return (AMS-JFK).
kthomas likes this.
diburning is offline  
Old Nov 14, 22, 8:37 pm
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 80
Originally Posted by diburning View Post
That is correct. You must be departing on a SkyTeam carrier (in addition to your class of service or elite status that grants access) to get in. Lounge access on arrival or connecting to a non alliance partner is a uniquely US thing. Otherwise, you'd need to seek out an arrivals lounge.

If the OP's connection to Oslo is on KLM or another SkyTeam carrier, they'll have access for their AMS-OSL leg. If not, then they only have access on the return (AMS-JFK).
Yep. SkyTeam for both ends of my AMS connection. DL into AMS, and then KL from AMS to OSL.

I called KLM today, and no one could tell me why the KLM lounge site says I don’t have lounge access on my ticket.
squirk is offline  
Old Nov 14, 22, 10:39 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: LAX
Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Posts: 4,783
Originally Posted by JN1 View Post
Yeah I was stoked to learn that DL Gold Medallion got me access to KLM lounges at AMS regardless of class.
For me, the best benefit of 2MM is "lifetime*" GM status, so I can access lounges on international trips.

*Excuse, me "Annual Complimentary"
JN1 likes this.
TheMadBrewer is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread