FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   KLM Crown lounge access in AMS (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2100859-klm-crown-lounge-access-ams.html)

squirk Nov 13, 2022 7:46 pm

KLM Crown lounge access in AMS

I am DL Platinum, and have the Blue Reserve AmEx.

Flying to OSL in January, with a layover in AMS both ways. My minor son will be traveling with me.

We are Delta One on our DTW flight into AMS, as well as our AMS flight back to JFK on our trip home.

I can access the KLM Crown lounges in AMS both ways via my Platinum status, correct? My Delta One tix are irrelevant/redundant for my situation, right?

It seems that way from the DL site, but was hoping someone here could verify from first-hand experience.

Please and thank you.

Zorak Nov 13, 2022 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by squirk (Post 34756066)
I am DL Platinum, and have the Blue Reserve AmEx.

Flying to OSL in January, with a layover in AMS both ways. My minor son will be traveling with me.

We are Delta One on our DTW flight into AMS, as well as our AMS flight back to JFK on our trip home.

I can access the KLM Crown lounges in AMS both ways via my Platinum status, correct?

Yes.

Your PM status gets you into the KLM lounges with a +1, even if you were in economy.

Being in D1 gets you into the lounge also, even if you didn't have status.

(Reserve AMEX is only relevant for Delta Sky Clubs)

squirk Nov 13, 2022 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak (Post 34756077)
Yes.

Your PM status gets you into the KLM lounges with a +1, even if you were in economy.

Being in D1 gets you into the lounge also, even if you didn't have status.

(Reserve AMEX is only relevant for Delta Sky Clubs)

Thanks. Was pretty sure that’s what I was seeing on the site, but I feel better now that you’ve confirmed. Much appreciated.

JN1 Nov 13, 2022 8:39 pm

Yeah I was stoked to learn that DL Gold Medallion got me access to KLM lounges at AMS regardless of class.

squirk Nov 14, 2022 3:43 am

Originally Posted by JN1 (Post 34756157)
Yeah I was stoked to learn that DL Gold Medallion got me access to KLM lounges at AMS regardless of class.

Oddly, when I go to the KLM lounge web site and try to book a sleep cabin in the Non-Schengen lounge for my layover, when I enter my name and ticket number, I’m told “You don’t have lounge access with this ticket.”

It recognizes the ticket, and my entire outbound itinerary, on the KLM site, so I am not sure why it thinks I don’t have lounge access. Hopefully, it’s just a glitch that a phone call can address.

Tonyh120 Nov 14, 2022 7:19 am

This summer we flew Delta One Boston to Amsterdam, connecting to Salzburg on Transavia. When we arrived in Amsterdam we tried to get into the KLM lounge and were denied. We were told it's a departures lounge (not for arrivals) and since our outbound flight wasn't on a SkyTeam carrier we were SOL.

diburning Nov 14, 2022 9:20 am

Originally Posted by Tonyh120 (Post 34756961)
This summer we flew Delta One Boston to Amsterdam, connecting to Salzburg on Transavia. When we arrived in Amsterdam we tried to get into the KLM lounge and were denied. We were told it's a departures lounge (not for arrivals) and since our outbound flight wasn't on a SkyTeam carrier we were SOL.

That is correct. You must be departing on a SkyTeam carrier (in addition to your class of service or elite status that grants access) to get in. Lounge access on arrival or connecting to a non alliance partner is a uniquely US thing. Otherwise, you'd need to seek out an arrivals lounge.

If the OP's connection to Oslo is on KLM or another SkyTeam carrier, they'll have access for their AMS-OSL leg. If not, then they only have access on the return (AMS-JFK).

squirk Nov 14, 2022 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by diburning (Post 34757271)
That is correct. You must be departing on a SkyTeam carrier (in addition to your class of service or elite status that grants access) to get in. Lounge access on arrival or connecting to a non alliance partner is a uniquely US thing. Otherwise, you'd need to seek out an arrivals lounge.

If the OP's connection to Oslo is on KLM or another SkyTeam carrier, they'll have access for their AMS-OSL leg. If not, then they only have access on the return (AMS-JFK).

Yep. SkyTeam for both ends of my AMS connection. DL into AMS, and then KL from AMS to OSL.

I called KLM today, and no one could tell me why the KLM lounge site says I don’t have lounge access on my ticket.

TheMadBrewer Nov 14, 2022 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by JN1 (Post 34756157)

For me, the best benefit of 2MM is "lifetime*" GM status, so I can access lounges on international trips.

*Excuse, me "Annual Complimentary" :)