Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Lots of November/December KLM flights canceled/changed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2022, 11:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM

Just a heads up if you have some KLM legs in upcoming trips.

I was on AMS-PRG (KLM 1355) at the end of November and my brother was on it in early December and it looks to be gone. Checking KLM forum there seems to be lots intra EU flights zeroed out. I got a notification but my brother didn't.

Also I was on KL606 from SFO to AMS it it got moved from 2:15pm to 7:05pm. I think the LAX-AMS flight also got moved from afternoon to evening -- I wasn't on that but I remember looking at it when I booked my original flight.
kthomas likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 1:19 am

Programs: FB Gold
Yes, as you mentioned there is a thread in the KLM forum.

Schiphol is still a mess, and will continue to be for the foresseable future.
kthomas likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 5:50 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA Gold/1MM, AS MVP 100K, AA Gold
This happened to me on a R/T KLM ticket from IAH-CPT. Flights both ways were moved by more than 24 hours! I’ve never seen such dramatic changes in my life. I used a GUC both ways and called up delta (since it’s now a DL 006 ticket) and they said I have to wait 15 days to make a change. I’ve never heard of such a thing. Maybe they expect more.
kthomas likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 7:27 am

Interesting - after seeing this thread, I checked my own flight in late December. Flying MCO-AMS-CDG leaving 12/27 arriving 12/28. AMS-CDG 12:25 flight is on KLM and is no longer showing up on both Delta and KLM sites for new bookings. I contacted Delta and they told me that the flight is still confirmed and has not been cancelled. They had no explanation as to why it no longer shows up for new bookings. I have every expectation that it will be (or already has been) cancelled but I'm guessing there is nothing I can do about it until it is officially cancelled within my itinerary?
Old Oct 25, 2022, 7:55 am

Programs: AA Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rktj
Interesting - after seeing this thread, I checked my own flight in late December. Flying MCO-AMS-CDG leaving 12/27 arriving 12/28. AMS-CDG 12:25 flight is on KLM and is no longer showing up on both Delta and KLM sites for new bookings. I contacted Delta and they told me that the flight is still confirmed and has not been cancelled. They had no explanation as to why it no longer shows up for new bookings. I have every expectation that it will be (or already has been) cancelled but I'm guessing there is nothing I can do about it until it is officially cancelled within my itinerary?
I had something similar happen last month. I was flying YYZ-AMS-CPT. The AMS-CPT zeroed out weeks before but still operated as scheduled. I was told they stopped selling new tickets on quite a few flights out of AMS due to the problems at the airport.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
I would research alternatives to have ready if/when the flight is canceled. The process goes much easier if you can tell the agent what you want.

And be sure to update that research if it involves other KLM flights
Old Oct 25, 2022, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Agents generally have no deep insights into why flights have had all their inventory zero'd out (even though it frequently means the flights are about to be cancelled). There's no point in continuing to call them until the flights have actually cancelled which will likely happen during Saturday schedule updates. KL1233 is pretty clearly about to be cancelled through January 8th from a Google Flights search (you can use time filters to isolate on a particular flight in Google Flights searches) as all inventory has been zero'd out on KL1233 through that date and there is no bucket availability on flights until Jan 9th.

Deckter likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 9:25 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by TechMarauder
This happened to me on a R/T KLM ticket from IAH-CPT. Flights both ways were moved by more than 24 hours! I’ve never seen such dramatic changes in my life. I used a GUC both ways and called up delta (since it’s now a DL 006 ticket) and they said I have to wait 15 days to make a change. I’ve never heard of such a thing. Maybe they expect more.
I would HUCB there.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 1:27 pm

Programs: AF/KL Gold, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TechMarauder
Originally Posted by steveholt
I would HUCB there.
I can vouch for the 15-day wait. I've been told by several AF/KL delta support desk agents that when AF/KL makes a schedule change, a separate queue at AF exists to work the changes. DL is not supposed to touch the reservation for 10 days after the schedule change shows up, doing so can cause the whole thing to get cancelled by automation when the AF/KL processor gets to the pnr. I had EXACTLY this happen last month. AF cancelled a CDG-KIX flight on a 006 ticket with no replacement. I called in and expected to told to wait. The agent did not say anything about the 10 days and booked me on another CDG-KIX flight the following day and reissued the ticket. Then exactly 9 days later, the CDG-KIX segment just disappeared from my reservation online. I checked Expert Flyer and the flight was still existing with plenty of inventory. I called Delta back and got transferred to the AF/KL support desk and as soon as the agent looked at it they said, "someone changed this within the 10 day amadeus rebook window and it got dropped". In my case it was easy, the agent just added the segment back in, it matched the existing e-ticket so they didn't even need to reissue. As soon as I hung up I could see the segment again when looking at the ticket on AF.com.

In your case, I think the agent is rounding up the 10 days to 15 days, but they are telling the truth.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 2:09 pm
Formerly known as scootr29

I had a flight from JNB to AMS on KLM booked via Delta points on Nov 27

Flight was just canceled, no email, nothing.

I am rebooked via ATL
Old Oct 25, 2022, 5:23 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
My MUC-AMS flight end of November has also been cancelled. I was able to secure an evening flight the night before in order to make my connection.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 11:06 am

Programs: DL DM, IHG PLAT
My November flights on KL from LAX to CPT were impacted by these schedule changes and the flights we were rebooked on were 2+ days from the original departure and return dates. I poked around and found a few flights on KL or AF that are closer to my original travel dates but since I used GUCs to upgrade to Z on these flights, I'm worried that if I try to get them to switch me to one of those flights I'll lose the upgrade. All of the alternative flights I've looked at had inventory in J/C/D/I but no Z. Has anyone had any luck with changing a GUC upgraded ticket on KL metal that was impacted by a schedule change to a different flight when Z inventory is no longer available? I'm curious what my best course of action is here
Old Oct 28, 2022, 12:41 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by drchrysler
My November flights on KL from LAX to CPT were impacted by these schedule changes and the flights we were rebooked on were 2+ days from the original departure and return dates. I poked around and found a few flights on KL or AF that are closer to my original travel dates but since I used GUCs to upgrade to Z on these flights, I'm worried that if I try to get them to switch me to one of those flights I'll lose the upgrade. All of the alternative flights I've looked at had inventory in J/C/D/I but no Z. Has anyone had any luck with changing a GUC upgraded ticket on KL metal that was impacted by a schedule change to a different flight when Z inventory is no longer available? I'm curious what my best course of action is here
Similar situation here. A month ago, my flights were moved by a day but I decided to leave them alone because I had used a GUC. Today I checked and the flights have been moved out yet another day with travel occurring on NYE (when NYE was the purpose of the trip). Unsure what my options are but thankfully any difference in MQD earning won't affect me - I've already earned DM for 2023.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Got hit by this twice for a flight in Nov - connection to AMS was canceled. Moved to next day, then that was canceled making it impossible to connect through AMS as the flight was not operating at all for days before/after my schedule. Had to be rebooked to avoid AMS.

In my case, on the second change the flight was zeroed out for new sales but not canceled for a week by KL, but then KL killed it.
With the pax limit on AMS this is going to be an ongoing mess for months. Avoiding AMS now as it does no good to only be able to fly international and have the intra-EU flights canceled.
kthomas likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by mlin32
Yes, as you mentioned there is a thread in the KLM forum.

Schiphol is still a mess, and will continue to be for the foresseable future.
What is the source of the chaos?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.