Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

I have 13 DL/AX Companion Certificates EXPIRING!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2022, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme

As the thread title says, I have 13 Delta Amex (both Platinum (Main Cabin) and Reserve (First Class) companion certificates in my wallet that expire on 01/31/2023.

Most optimistically, I *might* be able to burn 2-3 of them before then, but even that would be iffy.

How can we best make use of them so they don't just expire?

I also have a TON of Sky Club Guest Passes (14 of them) that expire soon too, but there's not much I can do about that, since I also have the Executive SC membership. I've waited near various SC check-in counters and help people out who get rejected, but I only have 3-4 more flights planned before EOY.

Apologies if this is a redundant thread. Please merge or point me in the right direction. I'm definitely NOT looking for any compensation or personal advantage, but if we can use these certificates or vouchers to help anyone out, we'd much rather not just let them expire unused.
FormerFF and stan1162 like this.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 2:55 pm

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
Give them away to F&F
ernad and TheHorta like this.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 3:14 pm

I would absolutely love 1-2 and would put them to good use. I just charge the flights on my Amex so no risk to you.
TheHorta likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 3:17 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver Premier, IHG Platinum
I also have 3 Reserve ones that will expire the same time. PM for details.
TheHorta likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 5:09 pm
Formerly doc4science

Programs: United Airlines Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I have one Platinum one up for grabs. PM me if you're interested.

EDIT: All gone now
TheHorta likes this.

Last edited by Fly2Connect; Oct 30, 2022 at 1:44 pm
Old Oct 22, 2022, 5:51 pm

Programs: Blinged Out
Wow! I thought I was cert heavy with four of them😅😅 been booking ow domestically with points in lieu of booking rt w/cert cash.
TheHorta likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 6:52 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Can these be used to book to Canada in practice? Glossed over the T&C's which seem to limit to "contiguous 48 states" -- so it excludes Alaska and Hawaii intentionally?
TheHorta likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 7:24 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by keitherson
Can these be used to book to Canada in practice? Glossed over the T&C's which seem to limit to "contiguous 48 states" -- so it excludes Alaska and Hawaii intentionally?
Correct- no Alaska, no Hawaii, no Canada, no Puerto Rico, no Iceland, no Pakistan. The contiguous 48 states.
SUPERTRAVEL likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 7:44 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
With apologies for the technicality/pedantry (but this is FT after all):

Originally Posted by Adam1222
Correct- no Alaska, no Hawaii, [...]
... unless you live there.

"Residents of Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico or the United States Virgin Islands (USVI) must originate from there to the 48 contiguous United States and have an address on their SkyMiles account in Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico or the USVI."

Although I assume this is usual DL website lack of rigor in language and what it practically means is that "Residents of ... _may_ originate from there to the US48" and not that they are prevented from using it on an itinerary wholly contained within the US48 if they so choose. (My recollection is also that direction didn't use to matter, i.e. ISTR the terms used to spell out that residents of those 3 areas could book a RT originating from US48 to those areas, but I could just be fabricating this memory...)
TheHorta likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by keitherson

I was able to successfully use them to/from Canada (at no extra charge) but only after a schedule change to/from BUF.
TheHorta likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 8:20 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
I was able to successfully use them to/from Canada (at no extra charge) but only after a schedule change to/from BUF.
May I humbly suggest further questions/discussion about how the program works generally- as opposed to generous offers to share expiring certificates- be directed to the master thread on that topic, AMEX Delta Companion certificate Consolidated Thread
TheHorta likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by TheHorta
…I also have a TON of Sky Club Guest Passes (14 of them) that expire soon too ..
dang, I’d have *gladly* taken two of those off your hands yesterday (one for an hour before DCA departure, one for ~2-hr ATL layover) had you posted this 48 hrs earlier …
TheHorta likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by jrl767
dang, I’d have *gladly* taken two of those off your hands yesterday (one for an hour before DCA departure, one for ~2-hr ATL layover) had you posted this 48 hrs earlier …
I don’t think it works like that. Pretty sure he has to actually be there in order to bring someone in using a guest pass. It’s not just a “free SkyClub entry” pass.
Adam1222 and TheHorta like this.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 4:04 am

Programs: BA EC
TheHorta, your generosity is incredible. This is Flyertalk at it's finest.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by doc4science
I have one Platinum one up for grabs. PM me if you're interested.
hi, when does yours expire? Thanks
TheHorta likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.