Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where to get real help?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2022, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
Where to get real help?

I am restarting my business trips as most of Asia are opened now. I booked several flights on DL and everyone of them have issues. Calls into DM desk are met with a lot of inexperienced agents and hours of hold time. Any idea how to get expert help with things like GUC and seat selections? (yes, can't select seat even with DM status...) I even hear some silly things like Delta no longer allow pax, regardless of status, pick seats. I like Delta but the current experience is not business travel friendly...

Last edited by wlau; Oct 21, 2022 at 6:00 pm
Old Oct 22, 2022, 6:41 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Are these partner flights? We need more information to provide advice. Routes? Partner? Etc.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 2:38 pm

Programs: DL DM
I’ve had this issue on both KE and MU partner flights even before Covid. It’s often quite difficult, and sometimes impossible to get seat assignments to stick prior to departure regardless of DL status, unless you are in a Premium Cabin. Even then, it’s no guarantee.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 2:53 pm

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by wlau
I am restarting my business trips as most of Asia are opened now. I booked several flights on DL and everyone of them have issues. Calls into DM desk are met with a lot of inexperienced agents and hours of hold time. Any idea how to get expert help with things like GUC and seat selections? (yes, can't select seat even with DM status...) I even hear some silly things like Delta no longer allow pax, regardless of status, pick seats. I like Delta but the current experience is not business travel friendly...
We're now using travel agents for both business and personal travel.

If people aren't willing to pax extra, they'll have to deal with it on their own.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
Originally Posted by DCAproducer
Are these partner flights? We need more information to provide advice. Routes? Partner? Etc.
No, the flights are mostly on DL metal. Agents don't know how to do GUC, which leads the system to lock me out of seat selection even in the original booking class. They then try to come up with random excuses.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 6:36 am

Programs: DL DM, 3.3 MM Miler, Lifetime Hilton Diamond VIP, United, American, National ExecElite
Originally Posted by wlau
No, the flights are mostly on DL metal. Agents don't know how to do GUC, which leads the system to lock me out of seat selection even in the original booking class. They then try to come up with random excuses.
I've had long waits on the DM line to get GUCs applied or transferred from a cancelled flight, but no problem on getting the C+ upgrade prior to seeking the further upgrade. I often am unable to select partner seats on most airlines, however, I was recently able to select the row 6 "C+" on KLM metal. I was amazed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.