Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Will Delta change my flight booked through a cruise line with 1:13 layover in ATL?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will Delta change my flight booked through a cruise line with 1:13 layover in ATL?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2022, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Mr. Tickets
Rule of thumb is don’t book air through any cruise line. They are not in the business to sell airline tickets, so they don’t know how to deal with things. Schedules change, seat assignments get lost and they don’t care to communicate. They also do not know how or care to know how to fix issues. Call the air desk of the cruise line. Explain the issue clearly. They have the same ability to get Delta to fix as you would have, if you booked directly with Delta. You just need to get the cruise line to understand what you want/expect. Delta ultimately has the responsibility to fix the issue, but you need to go through the cruise line air desk to start the communication. Assuming the flights are not already sold out, they will be able to fix. After it is fixed, go online to delta.com and make sure your frequent flyer number is in and the seats are assigned (as best they can be at this late date).

Good luck!
As OP booed via a TA, (the cruise company) DL isn't the one responsible to rebook, the TA is. OP didn't even buy a published fare, rather a BULK ticket sold by the TA. Except for DoD IRROP, DL has no responsibility to handle anything.

As posted in another post, there's benefits beyond cost to booking with cruise. Like anything, it's a cost/benefit (pro/con) analysis that must be made.
MisterBill likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 11:00 pm
Original Poster

Update -- got an email from Celebrity today saying that Delta had changed my itinerary, and I'm now on the earlier flight out of LGA rather than HPN. Subsequently, I realized that there was actually a flight an hour later out of LGA that would have given me a two-hour layover, but I'm OK with what I got.

Oddly, DL allowed me to select Preferred Seats at no charge for the two flights on the leg that got changed, so I got the exit row seats which are actually rated as good seats on Seatguru. On my return flight that did not get changed this time, they want to charge me to reserve them (which is too bad, since one is overnight)

I confirmed that there is a PP lounge that I'll be able to use. Or maybe we'll check out One Flew South restaurant in terminal F, which is apparently quite good.

Last edited by MisterBill; Oct 11, 2022 at 9:54 am
Old Oct 11, 2022, 9:23 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by flyerCO
As OP booed via a TA, (the cruise company) DL isn't the one responsible to rebook, the TA is. OP didn't even buy a published fare, rather a BULK ticket sold by the TA. Except for DoD IRROP, DL has no responsibility to handle anything.

As posted in another post, there's benefits beyond cost to booking with cruise. Like anything, it's a cost/benefit (pro/con) analysis that must be made.
I think if you reread my post I always said the OP had to go through the cruise line air desk to get anything done. I never suggested they try and deal with Delta directly. As far as other benefits, I personally don't like the cruise line (who is really not into servicing airline reservations) handling my arrangements. Too many things happen with schedule changes and seat assignments (especially on Delta) and the cruise lines are not into "communicating" these things in a timely manner. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. All you have to do is have one serious lack of communication and that will help you make up your mind one way or the other.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.