Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New Million Miler Gifts (For 2022 Qualification)

New Million Miler Gifts (For 2022 Qualification)

Old Oct 3, 2022, 10:30 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by flyerfirsts
Hmmmm, plastic toy airplane or $1250....decisions decisions.

Well, there are also the heritage logos, in case you get homesick for Delta on your weekend off.
doubleA, lindros2 and ctsgoblue like this.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 6:33 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
For those who qualified earlier in 2022, and feel like they got short-changed there is a FAQ item here: https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles.../million-miler

I reached Million Miler prior to the new gift program. Am I eligible to participate in the new program’s gift selection offer?

If you hit a new Million Miler threshold in 2022, you are automatically eligible to access the new Million Miler gift site through 12/31/2022. Please visit deltamillionmiler.com to select your gift before this date.
I hit 1MM in 2021 so can't test this out ("Account not eligible" ), but someone else should and report back...
Old Oct 3, 2022, 6:42 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Wow. I hit 1MM Dec 28th. How frustrating.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 7:40 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
I'm done - @ 1MM, I was sent some stationary and a notebook. At 2MM, I got a Hartman with handles so short I need to squat to use it. At 3MM, I got the $500 cert. I've always been just behind the curve!
Old Oct 3, 2022, 8:34 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by bobf
I crossed over 2mm a couple days ago, and got the gift offers. Seems to be about $120 in 2 bottles of wine, $650 in an overnight bag, or $1200 in a gift certificate. Answer seems obvious to me, but I could not figure out whether I had to use the whole $1200 on one reservation, or if there are some other down sides to the gift certificate. Any advice?

Bob
Advice? Bahaha. Well... would you pay $1250 for the wine, toy plane, logo plaque or overnight bag? No? Me neither... Seems like a no brainer to me.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 9:50 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM; IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Zorak
For those who qualified earlier in 2022, and feel like they got short-changed there is a FAQ item here: https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles.../million-miler

I hit 1MM in 2021 so can't test this out ("Account not eligible" ), but someone else should and report back...
Yeah, this blows for those of us that still flew and gave them our business in 2021. I requalified diamond “organically” in 2021 while also crossing 1MM in Nov 2021 (and will qualify for 2023 also, but not relevant I guess). I wonder if they will allow us to pick something if we send in a Contact Us form……………

Sounds like something I’ll volunteer to test!

I’ll report back next year when I hear back from them.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 6:14 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Dia, Avis Pres Club
I hit 2 Mil on Jan second, and found that site via a google search after seeing this thread. there is a huge difference between a $350.00 gift card and a $1,250.00 gift card. the additional items are not worth $900.00, especially the DL logos. I have not fully crafted my complaint letter to DL yet
Old Oct 4, 2022, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by Singleflyer
I hit 2 Mil on Jan second, and found that site via a google search after seeing this thread. there is a huge difference between a $350.00 gift card and a $1,250.00 gift card. the additional items are not worth $900.00, especially the DL logos. I have not fully crafted my complaint letter to DL yet
imagine being upset that you got a gift because other people got better gifts. Some of the posts in this thread could benefit from watching Bluey.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 7:20 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by WannabePBA
Yeah, this blows for those of us that still flew and gave them our business in 2021. I requalified diamond “organically” in 2021 while also crossing 1MM in Nov 2021 (and will qualify for 2023 also, but not relevant I guess). I wonder if they will allow us to pick something if we send in a Contact Us form……………

Sounds like something I’ll volunteer to test!

I’ll report back next year when I hear back from them.
Your cash is good at the bar...

Old Oct 4, 2022, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Is that actually a 1250 gift card? Or is there a chance its actually a 250 but there is a typo on the selection page?
lindros2 and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Not a typo

Originally Posted by rylan
Is that actually a 1250 gift card? Or is there a chance its actually a 250 but there is a typo on the selection page?
Its in my wallet now, showing $1250. I think this is the first gift card I ever had. What is puzzling is that it doesn't just appear in my wallet, i have to enter a 13 numeral code and a 9 character PIN to see it. If I leave the wallet and come back and come back, I have to enter the digits again. These 22 numbers appeared in an email after I selected the choice. I'd hate to think that losing that email could cost me $1250.
lindros2 likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 11:27 am

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by bobf
Its in my wallet now, showing $1250. I think this is the first gift card I ever had. What is puzzling is that it doesn't just appear in my wallet, i have to enter a 13 numeral code and a 9 character PIN to see it. If I leave the wallet and come back and come back, I have to enter the digits again. These 22 numbers appeared in an email after I selected the choice. I'd hate to think that losing that email could cost me $1250.
does it have to be spent in one shot or can you spread it across multiple tickets?
Old Oct 4, 2022, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
imagine being upset that you got a gift because other people got better gifts. Some of the posts in this thread could benefit from watching Bluey.
Imagine not understanding that $900 is a significant difference in value. Well for most anyway.
BigFishDave and lc412000 like this.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Imagine not understanding that $900 is a significant difference in value. Well for most anyway.
Sure, but it's a gift. They don't tell you you'll get something worth $1250 when you hit 2MM. They don't even tell you it will be worth $350. Honestly, most people (all?) with 2MM are just flying around on someone else's time (or as an expense of a business they run) anyway. The gift is just that, a gift.

All anybody is owed is:
Annual complimentary Medallion® Status and special bag tags and to choose from a curated selection of gifts, as that is all that is promised.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 12:52 pm

Programs: DL 2MM DM, Bonvoy Lft Titanium, Hilton Lft Diamond
Honestly, most people (all?) with 2MM are just flying around on someone else's time (or as an expense of a business they run) anyway.
Wait...laughing...you are telling me that while my BIS on my 2 million miles, I was flying on someone else's time? What happened to my time?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.