Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

KLM new Premium Economy still coded as low DL miles earning "Discount Economy"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KLM new Premium Economy still coded as low DL miles earning "Discount Economy"

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2022, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Oakshadow
KL has had some dramatic schedule changes for November and they changed my LAX-AMS flight to much later, causing me to arriving in my connecting city into the evening which didn't work for me. After communication with AF, the only itinerary they said they had that could work for me is on DL metal - LAX-ATL-Italy and I accepted it. While I like DL's PS product, I'm disappointed I won't get to try KL's new Premium Comfort and will have to slum it in C+ for the first segment. Plus I'm on the somewhat less comfortable DL A330-900neo as opposed to KL's 787.

I was booked in AF "A" class. Interestingly when I logged into DL.com to view my DL-metal itinerary, I notice both segments are now coded to KL flight numbers and in "W" class. While that still is an ideal DL MQM/MQDs earning class, I was surprised both that they're KL-coded flights on an AF-purchased ticket and that it's a somewhat lesser class in the pecking order - it's my understanding "A" is the highest PE class.
W is highest PE fare class on AF/KL (and VS for that matter), while A is the lowest on AF/KL (S is the middle one). DL uses P/A/G classes for PE with P being highest and G being lowest. So they have A in common with AF/KL, but they don't actually coorelate that well since it's the lowest PE fare on AF/KL and the middle one on DL.
Oakshadow likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2022, 3:25 pm

Programs: AA EXEP 2MM, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Avis President Club, Marriot gold,Emerald Exec,
Delta Mileage Posting for new KLM Premium Class A

I have traveled on Sep 25 on AMS-JFK in Premium Comfort plus (A) but the mileage posted in discount economy. Wrong post of Mileage credit for KLM flight as Earlier "A" Class was in discount Economy on Delta Site for KLM Chart .
Opened a case with Delta support and still waiting for the correct posting for MQM and MQD. Tried calling every 2 weeks and nothing happened yet.
The Case was sent to or SkyMiles Dept Team,

Its now very critical whether MQM and MQD will be posted correctly or not before DEC 31 or I need to plan something for get thru Status qualification

Did anybody traveled with KLM Premium Comfort Plus and had a correct posting of mileage for Delta MQM and MQD ?
Old Dec 6, 2022, 3:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by rajhyd99
I have traveled on Sep 25 on AMS-JFK in Premium Comfort plus (A) but the mileage posted in discount economy. Wrong post of Mileage credit for KLM flight as Earlier "A" Class was in discount Economy on Delta Site for KLM Chart .
Opened a case with Delta support and still waiting for the correct posting for MQM and MQD. Tried calling every 2 weeks and nothing happened yet.
The Case was sent to or SkyMiles Dept Team,

Its now very critical whether MQM and MQD will be posted correctly or not before DEC 31 or I need to plan something for get thru Status qualification

Did anybody traveled with KLM Premium Comfort Plus and had a correct posting of mileage for Delta MQM and MQD ?
I just flew KLM LAX-AMS-FCO in Premium Comfort on an “A” fare and on a ticket purchased after DL updated the website stating the new higher MQMs/MQDs earning points for KL Premium Comfort “A” fares. But I see my SM account was only posted with the old “discount economy” earnings. It’s very frustrating.

My MXP-JFK-LAX return on the same KLM “A” fare will be on DL metal.

I’m rather busy on my trip and will wait until I get back home at the end of the week to contact DL in attempt to get the proper MQMs/MQDs postings.

I need this posted correctly by the end of the year or I won’t re-qualify for Gold and will be stuck with Silver.

Last edited by Oakshadow; Apr 10, 2023 at 2:14 pm
Old Dec 6, 2022, 5:39 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Your 2022 Status is good until January 31,2023 so thigs aren't as time critical as you think. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't pursue this actively when you return but you do have more time than you think to get it straightened out.

If it hasn't been straightened out by year end I'd recommend filing for 'Reclaim My Status' while you keep working on the original problem.

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...my-status.html
Old Dec 22, 2022, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
The trip was completed over two weeks ago and the mileage posting was the grossly undervalued old KL "A" "discount economy" calculations. I have called DL twice. Both times the agent tried to contact the SM service center and both times they said someone will call me back. Nobody ever did.

I know I'll still be Gold through January, but I'd feel much more comfortable getting this settled by the end of the year instead of having this "retro-status" fixed and that might be more complicated and tougher to fix. I just don't know.

Is there a direct method of contacting the the SM service center directly?
Old Dec 22, 2022, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Oakshadow
The trip was completed over two weeks ago and the mileage posting was the grossly undervalued old KL "A" "discount economy" calculations. I have called DL twice. Both times the agent tried to contact the SM service center and both times they said someone will call me back. Nobody ever did.

I know I'll still be Gold through January, but I'd feel much more comfortable getting this settled by the end of the year instead of having this "retro-status" fixed and that might be more complicated and tougher to fix. I just don't know.

Is there a direct method of contacting the the SM service center directly?
When did you purchase ticket? Was it after July 22 or before? If before then you earned correctly.

Date of flight isn't what matters, date of ticket purchase does.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerCO
When did you purchase ticket? Was it after July 22 or before? If before then you earned correctly.

Date of flight isn't what matters, date of ticket purchase does.
Ticket was purchased in October, 2022 and I flew in KL Premium Comfort as well as DL metal PS on the return.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 11:13 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Issues with KLM not sending over MQD's?

Hi all, I did an MQD run two weeks ago to obtain Diamond status and the Delta Skymiles site shows only 1096 MQDs, when the itinerary should've earned 3290. DL Plat line, confirms that they know that I'm due an additional 2194 MQD's but says that KLM needs to send the updates and they are experiencing delays in getting data from KLM.

Has anyone experienced this? How long did it take?

DL folks (I've called twice now) say it's "in my record" but they can't send me any email or other confirmation. I'm concerned. I COULD take another MQD run to MSP tomorrow, but hate to spend the $ or the Miles if I really am good to go.

Any advice or experience with KLM and MDQ's???

Thanks much and Happy New Year!

Lynne
Old Dec 29, 2022, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by LynniePP
Hi all, I did an MQD run two weeks ago to obtain Diamond status and the Delta Skymiles site shows only 1096 MQDs, when the itinerary should've earned 3290. DL Plat line, confirms that they know that I'm due an additional 2194 MQD's but says that KLM needs to send the updates and they are experiencing delays in getting data from KLM.

Has anyone experienced this? How long did it take?

DL folks (I've called twice now) say it's "in my record" but they can't send me any email or other confirmation. I'm concerned. I COULD take another MQD run to MSP tomorrow, but hate to spend the $ or the Miles if I really am good to go.

Any advice or experience with KLM and MDQ's???

Thanks much and Happy New Year!

Lynne
MQDs aren't "sent" over. They're calculated when each flight posts.

Partner marketed flights earn MQD as % of distance flown. DL marketed (regardless who operates) earn based on fare paid.

Are you sure not misunderstanding how is calculated?

What were flight numbers (as sold) and fare class.

Was this by chance a PE fare in A class?
Old Dec 29, 2022, 11:38 am

Hi, thanks for your response. I "thought" I understood how MDQ's are calculated on the Partner airlines. Distance flown was 10,968. I booked Premium Select on KLM website. 10,968 x 30% = 3290. DL has posted only 1096. And yes, some of the flight segments were A Class.

Here were the flights and fare class listed:

12/13/22:
KL 6273 BOS - DTW FARE CLASS S
KL 6034 DTW-AMS FC S

12/14/22
KL1185 AMS- BGO FC S

12/16/22
KL 1188 BGO-AMS FC A
KL 6059 AMS-MSP FC A
KL 5304 MSP - BOS FC A

Thank you for your help! Lynne
Old Dec 29, 2022, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Hi, thanks for your response. I "thought" I understood how MDQ's are calculated on the Partner airlines. Distance flown was 10,968. I booked Premium Select on KLM website. 10,968 x 30% = 3290. DL has posted only 1096. And yes, some of the flight segments were A Class.

Here were the flights and fare class listed:

12/13/22:
KL 6273 BOS - DTW FARE CLASS S 190MQD
KL 6034 DTW-AMS FC S 1182MQD

12/14/22
KL1185 AMS- BGO FC S 166MQD

12/16/22
KL 1188 BGO-AMS FC A 166MQD
KL 6059 AMS-MSP FC A 1250MQD
KL 5304 MSP - BOS FC A 337MQD

Thank you for your help! Lynne
Outbound BOS-BGO MQD equals $1538
Return BGO-BOS MQD equals $1753
Total $3291

However, this might not be correct. If the fare you bought for return uses dual inventory, it might not actually be an A fare. It may book into A but have an underlying economy fare class.

Also when did you purchase ticket? The earnings for fare class A changed for tickets bought after July.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 12:03 pm

Hi, your MQD calculations match mine. I bought the ticket in early Dec 22 on KLM ticket stock. How would I know if a flight had an underlying Economy Fare class? All flights are listed as A or S. Is it just BS that the DL Skymiles desk is saying that they need data from KLM?

Thanks again!. Lynne
Old Dec 29, 2022, 12:11 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, BA Bronze, Ex-skywards Platnium
Hi, your MQD calculations match mine. I bought the ticket in early Dec 22 on KLM ticket stock. How would I know if a flight had an underlying Economy Fare class? All flights are listed as A or S. Is it just BS that the DL Skymiles desk is saying that they need data from KLM?

Thanks again!. Lynne
Just to note that it takes Skyteam programs take some time to calculate and post miles/xp/mqds/etc for a flight flown with a Skyteam partner. I often run into this problem except it's the other way around where I'm waiting for FB XP to be awarded from DL flights. It usually takes at least a week for me for the XP to get posted onto my FB account.
flying_bean likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 12:14 pm

Were you ever viewing your reservation using a FB account? If so FB attaches to the flights.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Thanks again!. Lynne
They may need you to submit a copy or your receipt from booking. If there is an underlying fare class at play, all KLM is reporting is that. Ask what fare class KLM is reporting as. If it is indeed A, then issue is with DL.

There's nothing else for KLM to report. Either DL incorrectly is calulating (using old A earnings), or KLM reported the underlying fare class (which would be how they do it). In the latter DL must manually fix after you provide proof.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.