Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OLCI getting crazier and crazier

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2022, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
OLCI getting crazier and crazier

Four weeks ago OLCI worked fine and as expected.

Last week on a quick trip to LAX and back it I didn't have to check in. I went to my trips and my boarding pass was there and ready.

Later last week on my way to MUC it did the same thing where I didn't click anything to check in, but the QR code was blank and I had to jump through some hoops to get my BP.

Now while trying to check in for my return trip to CVG I'm getting nothing but 400 "oops something went wrong errors". This is happening on my phone and on the laptop. Is there any work around or will I just have to go to the kiosk to get a paper copy tomorrow? I seem to recall some discussion in the past about OLCI being very janky when trying to check in overseas.
becks1 likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 12:17 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
I am like 1 for 6 in recent years (post COVID) trying to get a BP from ex-US to US..

Going the other way I am about 50%.

It is what it is.
Mountain Explorer likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 12:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Some foreign airports (SIN for example) don't allow OLCI (technically, you could do OLCI but still needed to stand in line at the check in counter for security questions before you could go through passport control). Sometimes when it doesn't work you get SSSS on your boarding pass, which IME is more common when flying back to the USA, even with GE. In other cases, OLCI doesn't work because a check of travel documents is needed. More recently, DL seems to *think* COVID-19 related travel documents are needed when they aren't and this causes the OLCI failure.
photojojo, ryw and becks1 like this.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 12:40 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Have you done FlyReady already? That helps.
photojojo likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 12:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador - Delta Diamond - United Silver - Frontier 100k - Sixt Plat
I was surprised both LGA-ATL-MUC and MUC-CDG-JFK that I was able to OLCI the entire trip with no issues.
photojojo likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
OLCI doesn't work because a check of travel documents is needed. More recently, DL seems to *think* COVID-19 related travel documents are needed when they aren't and this causes the OLCI failure.
You know what. I do recall that happening on my way over here despite putting all the documents in.

Originally Posted by DLASflyer
Have you done FlyReady already? That helps.
I did. I thought maybe that would kickstart things but no luck. I'll try again in the morning.

Originally Posted by cubeman
I was surprised both LGA-ATL-MUC and MUC-CDG-JFK that I was able to OLCI the entire trip with no issues.
In the grand scheme of things, this is trivial; but I like strolling right on through.
becks1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.