Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My biggest pet peeve about Delta

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2022, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

My biggest pet peeve about Delta

So I am trying to book a route between two metros with a connection (wont name them). MSP or SLC would be MUCH more efficient and "on the way." Yet Delta is trying to force me to connect in Atlanta by pricing the route in a way to make it the obvious choice. Why make me fly another 500 miles out of the way.

Can someone tell Delta they dont need to run their entire operation through ATL?
Old Sep 24, 2022, 10:03 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by flyingdelta
So I am trying to book a route between two metros with a connection (wont name them). MSP or SLC would be MUCH more efficient and "on the way." Yet Delta is trying to force me to connect in Atlanta by pricing the route in a way to make it the obvious choice. Why make me fly another 500 miles out of the way.

Can someone tell Delta they dont need to run their entire operation through ATL?
This is all network carriers.
emma dog likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

I understand network carriers. But UA or AA doesn't have an infatuation with one hub the way Delta does with Atlanta.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 10:13 pm

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
I understand network carriers. But UA or AA doesn't have an infatuation with one hub the way Delta does with Atlanta.
Gotta pay for that upgrade one way or the other…
Old Sep 24, 2022, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why make me fly another 500 miles out of the way.
They clearly want to gift you an extra 500 MQM.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 11:34 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA
On the other hand, if you choose Delta, it must be because you LOVE flying through Atlanta.
dw likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 1:09 am

*Maybe*.... it's not all about you.

Maybe.... other people have already booked the "reasonably priced" seats on the MSP and SLC connections because they are much more efficient and on the way - and now only higher fare class remain.

Maybe... the ATL connection is now cheaper because just like you - nobody wants to go that way.

Or maybe... they just aren't as good at running an airline as you. I suppose anything is possible.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 7:00 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
It could be worse… it could be one of those itineraries where DL is forcing you to connect through LGA!
Air Houston and GoBob like this.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 7:11 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by dw
It could be worse… it could be one of those itineraries where DL is forcing you to connect through LGA!
And then taxi to JFK.
dw likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 9:19 am

Why not?
indufan and SamOF like this.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 9:36 am

I can’t imagine there are no options through DTW, which is probably a bit easier to stomach than ATL, especially if MSP is already a preferred option? Unless of course those have also been booked up?
Old Sep 25, 2022, 12:08 pm

Programs: DL DM
Back when I lived in ECP I used to feel this way. Everything runs through ATL.

But after living in ANC for almost 6 years, I feel that way about SEA. I would take ATL over SEA any day.

ATL is incredibly efficient, especially when there is no adverse weather.
Intl359Widget and Air Houston like this.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 12:13 pm

Programs: Delta DM
This is why I love Delta's SDC/SDS. I have connections through ATL but I just change it the day before. I pay for the cheapest flight then just change it. And on top of it all, I earn more MQMs the way I connect.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Why not name the route? If you are going to vent about Delta at least be able to back it up. It could be due to fare rules or availability.
Goodoldflyer likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
wont name them
why?

wrp96 and Goodoldflyer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.