Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Airbus 321N Experiences/Reports Thread

Delta Airbus 321N Experiences/Reports Thread

Old Mar 19, 2023, 11:12 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by mtrainer90
Delta Air lines Airbus A321-271NX N508DA (ship 5008) arriving at Minneapolis, MSP after its delivery flight 9-20-22
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr_0cqoFGn0
I seem to remember a 727-200 from the 1980s with the registration number N508DA.
GW McLintock likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2023, 6:53 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President Circle.
Originally Posted by flyerfirsts
Does the 321 first class bulkhead have footspace on either side.

EDIT: I see it was posted about above now, sorry I don't see a way to delete message.
The foot space in row 1 is limited. There is no cut out in the wall for your feet. Other than that, no problems with row 1.

Last edited by Steve H.; Mar 20, 2023 at 6:54 am Reason: spelling
Old Apr 3, 2023, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Is there any consensus on which rows in F are better/best? Looks like reviewing comments on here and on various blogs, the non-bulkhead rows become difficult to get out of if in the window seat. But how restricted is the legroom in Row 1? Is it 737-900 bad? How is Row 5? 5A/B have the benefit of having no seats (not even C+) directly behind and can recline "guilt free" but also sit right in front of the mid-cabin lav. Is noise/lighting/smells from the lav an issue if in 5A/B? Same question for 5C/D. Also for 5C/D, is there enough space between Row 5 and the first row of C+ or do the passengers in C+ regularly use your seat for leverage when trying to get out of their seat?

Also, if not in Row 1 with the fixed monitor, how is the tv screen angle if the person in front of you is reclined? Does the screen adjust to an okay angle for viewing?
Old Apr 4, 2023, 7:47 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Is there any consensus on which rows in F are better/best? Looks like reviewing comments on here and on various blogs, the non-bulkhead rows become difficult to get out of if in the window seat. But how restricted is the legroom in Row 1? Is it 737-900 bad? How is Row 5? 5A/B have the benefit of having no seats (not even C+) directly behind and can recline "guilt free" but also sit right in front of the mid-cabin lav. Is noise/lighting/smells from the lav an issue if in 5A/B? Same question for 5C/D. Also for 5C/D, is there enough space between Row 5 and the first row of C+ or do the passengers in C+ regularly use your seat for leverage when trying to get out of their seat?

Also, if not in Row 1 with the fixed monitor, how is the tv screen angle if the person in front of you is reclined? Does the screen adjust to an okay angle for viewing?
Personally I find the legroom in 1A/B to be acceptable (there’s a cutout that adds maybe an inch for your toes) while 1C/D look pretty dire, but I’m 5’6 so might not be the most representative. And I’ve managed to avoid the 739 for the longest time (but will be on one at the end of the month) so can’t tell you how it compares. Personally given the lack of preordering on the neo I try to pick a seat as far front as possible (since if the crews ignore FEBO they’re gonna start from the front), so don’t have any experience with row 5 either unfortunately.

The non- bulkhead TV screens tilt a fair amount so no issue with screen angle if the seat in front of you is reclined. What’s really annoying though is when the person in front of you reclines and you pull your screen forward, there isn’t enough room to unfold / open the tray table (it ends up hitting the screen), so you need to push the screen back to get the tray table fully open (and then pull the screen out again)
Old Apr 4, 2023, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by truncated
Personally I find the legroom in 1A/B to be acceptable (there’s a cutout that adds maybe an inch for your toes) while 1C/D look pretty dire, but I’m 5’6 so might not be the most representative. And I’ve managed to avoid the 739 for the longest time (but will be on one at the end of the month) so can’t tell you how it compares. Personally given the lack of preordering on the neo I try to pick a seat as far front as possible (since if the crews ignore FEBO they’re gonna start from the front), so don’t have any experience with row 5 either unfortunately.

The non- bulkhead TV screens tilt a fair amount so no issue with screen angle if the seat in front of you is reclined. What’s really annoying though is when the person in front of you reclines and you pull your screen forward, there isn’t enough room to unfold / open the tray table (it ends up hitting the screen), so you need to push the screen back to get the tray table fully open (and then pull the screen out again)
Thanks for the feedback. I have an itinerary coming up in a few weeks with a couple A321NEO flights. On one flight, 1A is available while on the other, only 1D is available. I'll give both a try and report back.
Old Apr 23, 2023, 11:49 am

Programs: DL, B6
Exit row versus comfort plus

Upcoming 5-hr morning flight, booked in aisle exit row on a321n BOS-DEN. Very reasonable paid upgrade offers to comfort ($63) or first ($230). Exit has the most legroom from what I gather; I've reviewed this thread and some articles. Anyone with comparative experiences and advice to provide on preference? Thanks.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the feedback. I have an itinerary coming up in a few weeks with a couple A321NEO flights. On one flight, 1A is available while on the other, only 1D is available. I'll give both a try and report back.
To follow up, the cut out on the A/B side isn’t much but does make a difference. I was in 1A and someone asked to swap for 1D. Now sitting in 1D and it’s definitely tighter and the legroom is pretty restrictive. It was restrictive on the A/B side too but more tolerable. In 1D as well for my later flight and F is full so I can’t switch out. Another factor is the fuselage begins to curve in. 1A/B are offset from 1C/D so I didn’t notice it there but the fuselage curvature also cuts into the legroom a bit for 1D.

In short: I do not recommend 1C/D. 1A/B are slightly better. Can’t speak for sitting in the non-bulkhead rows or to the pros/cons there.

Here’s some photos to provide a visual of 1C/D.

Last edited by ATOBTTR; Apr 26, 2023 at 8:58 am
Old Apr 28, 2023, 8:43 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
To follow up, the cut out on the A/B side isn’t much but does make a difference. I was in 1A and someone asked to swap for 1D. Now sitting in 1D and it’s definitely tighter and the legroom is pretty restrictive. It was restrictive on the A/B side too but more tolerable. In 1D as well for my later flight and F is full so I can’t switch out. Another factor is the fuselage begins to curve in. 1A/B are offset from 1C/D so I didn’t notice it there but the fuselage curvature also cuts into the legroom a bit for 1D.

In short: I do not recommend 1C/D. 1A/B are slightly better. Can’t speak for sitting in the non-bulkhead rows or to the pros/cons there.
This is 1A today (for reference I’m 5’6 and the guy next to me is probably 6’1 or something)

Old Apr 30, 2023, 5:49 pm

Programs: DL FO
I had to book a last minute flight from LAX-SEA, and the flight was on the NEO. I didn't want the bulkhead seat that was available in F, so I took the last available seat, which was 5C. I did notice the mid cabin lavatory was over my left shoulder, but I did not notice any noise from people using the restroom. A good pair of noise-cancelling headphones were perfect to block that out.
Old May 17, 2023, 11:11 pm

Any experiences with C+? The entire section for my upcoming HNL-LAX flight is open. Row 10 looks like it had a couple of crew seats but also across from the lav…
GoBob likes this.
Old May 18, 2023, 5:04 am

Programs: DL, B6
Originally Posted by Geno84
Any experiences with C+? The entire section for my upcoming HNL-LAX flight is open. Row 10 looks like it had a couple of crew seats but also across from the lav…
The map is correct. I sat in (I think) row 13 on the aisle on a recent BOS-DEN (~4 hrs) and it was a nice call - away from lav and luckily had an empty middle. There were people up and down for the lav the whole flight - if it were me sitting adjacent, I would've found it pretty annoying (and smelly). YMMV.
Old May 22, 2023, 5:00 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
How are the A321neo overhead bins (between “big” and “very big”)?

I have a slightly too big “carry on” bag that is closer to 24” than 22”, which fits wheels first in some of the biggest bins out there like Delta’s 739s (other than the first few rows) and A319s/A320s, but doesn’t fit wheels first in the 738s or the A321 classics. Debating whether to try to bring it aboard the neo or check it.
Old May 26, 2023, 5:30 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by bgriff
How are the A321neo overhead bins (between “big” and “very big”)?

I have a slightly too big “carry on” bag that is closer to 24” than 22”, which fits wheels first in some of the biggest bins out there like Delta’s 739s (other than the first few rows) and A319s/A320s, but doesn’t fit wheels first in the 738s or the A321 classics. Debating whether to try to bring it aboard the neo or check it.
To answer my own question, in case it is useful for anyone else -- I did not try to carry on, but from looking at how other bags sat in the bins I'm pretty sure mine would not have fit. The A321neo bins are "shelf" style unlike the pivot bins that Delta had been installing on narrowbodies lately, and while they are taller than the last generation of A320-family shelf bins (allowing bags to be stood up on their sides), they don't appear to be much if any deeper.
Old Jun 13, 2023, 10:18 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonrs Diamond
Sitting in 12F now.
Do NOT book rows 10-12 on this plane.
Lavatory is a huge issue... light and fumes beaming out every door open/close and at least 3 people congregating much of flight.
Avoid row 5 in FC as well.
The curtain behind row 5 stretches diagonally across the aisle and seems to invite at least one large body to wait there ahead of the lav door inches away from 10D. So much I would effectively call 10D a middle seat
Lesson learned. Pick an exit row further back if row 13-17 unavailable.
becks1 likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2023, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I flew this a few times recently to Hawaii in C+. I really, really like it. Much more room than in previous 757s. Also good luggage space. The whole plane just feels surprisingly more open.

I did also get upgraded on one segment. F was pretty fantastic there, but yes, getting to the window seat requires some contortions.

I can't believe they couldn't put Bluetooth into the entertainment systems in coach, but only in F. What would the added cost have been? 50 cents per seat? Whatever it would have been, they'd save it on free headphones over time. And just for environmental reasons . . .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.