When will 100% Sky Miles rollover end?

Old Aug 20, 2022, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by Adelphos
I think all levels of status, including Diamond, will be elevated through at least the start of the 2024. I know some people think next year will see fewer elites but I don't buy it. I think three years of rollover will more than offset the lack of extensions.
MQD never rolled over during covid and are a much heavier lift than MQMs for DM status.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 11:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
MQD never rolled over during covid and are a much heavier lift than MQMs for DM status.
However, people with foreign addresses on their FF accounts are exempt from the MQD requirement. Others get the AmEx waiver from a lot of business spend or by engaging in lots of manufactured spending. Still others do cheap MQD runs on partner airlines. I wonder what fraction of DMs spend $15,000 annually on DL flights.
Kerrirdh likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 11:54 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by CycloneSteve
I'm usually a high gold or low platinum member & right now I'm a Platinum level with more than enough MQM to be Diamond but... I spend enough on my credit card to get the "exception" for Platinum but no where near enough to become a Diamond.

This last trip there were 40+ people on the upgrade to 1st list. I used to almost always get upgraded, now it's the exception.

When are they going to stop rolling over the entire MQM and go back to just rolling over your "excess" MQM's? And will that make it easier to get upgraded again.
I don't know where you're flying where you were almost always getting upgraded in the past as a GM/PM or when "used" used to be, but I don't think that was a common experience over the last 7-8 years.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 4:15 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
However, people with foreign addresses on their FF accounts are exempt from the MQD requirement. Others get the AmEx waiver from a lot of business spend or by engaging in lots of manufactured spending. Still others do cheap MQD runs on partner airlines. I wonder what fraction of DMs spend $15,000 annually on DL flights.
+1 on this thats why I kept my UK address for my Delta
Old Aug 20, 2022, 4:28 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by LDNConsultant
+1 on this thats why I kept my UK address for my Delta
And yet your profile shows that your location is NYC. So do all your flights originate in the UK, as otherwise I don’t see how DL can justify allowing you to use a UK address for your MQD exemption? I also have my original home in the UK, but all my flights on DL/VS/SkyTeam originate in the US.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 7:28 pm

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I do, and i have in every year of DM that existed. In normal years it’s between 25-30K. On track to be over 22k already this year. However I’ve never once hit 125K MQM, don’t know that I’ve ever gone above 100…until this year (thanks to rollover). How did I hit DM before? MQS. When you’re in a non-hub it’s more common. Although I still found myself flying extra segments to hit the 140. But I’m done with that. If DL doesn’t wise up and recognize those who spend, vs those who fly unnecessary flights that actually cost them more money, I’m out. Their competitors have already figured this out. DL has shrunk so much at RDU while UA and AA have grown. My flying patterns would easily hit 1K at UA and they go all mainline at RDU next spring
unitedbusiness likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by audidudi
And yet your profile shows that your location is NYC. So do all your flights originate in the UK, as otherwise I dont see how DL can justify allowing you to use a UK address for your MQD exemption? I also have my original home in the UK, but all my flights on DL/VS/SkyTeam originate in the US.
Yeah I originally opened my Delta account in UK and just kept my address in London when I moved back to NYC I never bothered switching. I've had couple TATL flights but most of my flights originate out of EWR/LGA/JFK and I've had no issues what so ever and additionally I have my DL AMEX and never had issues with points or questions when calling in.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I can see there being an above average number of non-DMs, especially PMs for next year with the rollover and Amex waiver. DM is still not a walk int he park with the MQD requirement, and I'd have to think that the number of foreign addresses of DMs is quite small especially those that are in the US... so has little impact on other domestic pax for upgrades.

Seems that DL won't be handing out any more unlimited rollover or promotions so that will start to cut back the banked MQM for next year. I would expect to see a significant drop in DMs for 2023 due to the spend requirement and decreased intl travel.
SuperG1955 and Air Houston like this.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 6:04 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
They can be, but with the return of international business class travel, I have found that getting to the 15K MQM to not be has heavy of a lift as I would have expected.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 6:07 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by rylan

Seems that DL won't be handing out any more unlimited rollover or promotions so that will start to cut back the banked MQM for next year. I would expect to see a significant drop in DMs for 2023 due to the spend requirement and decreased intl travel.
A lot of people say this on Flyertalk, but it seems to be that J cabins to Europe has been full since the late spring and will be full the rest of the year. So clearly someone is traveling international. My business colleagues have all been to London/Europe for work, and many more friends have traveled to Europe, often in J. Many of these people will increase their status levels this year due to having more MQM than they usually would have.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by steveholt
I don't know where you're flying where you were almost always getting upgraded in the past as a GM/PM or when "used" used to be, but I don't think that was a common experience over the last 7-8 years.
It's not hard to see a Des Moines based Gold or Platinum getting a lot of upgrades.
CycloneSteve likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 8:04 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Adelphos
It's not hard to see a Des Moines based Gold or Platinum getting a lot of upgrades.
Grand Rapids on the other hand has a stupid high elite percentage. Every time I go up to see the parents, PM gets me like 14th out of 41 for 3 in F for any flight that touches GRR.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by beachmouse
Grand Rapids on the other hand has a stupid high elite percentage. Every time I go up to see the parents, PM gets me like 14th out of 41 for 3 in F for any flight that touches GRR.
Silvers are getting upgraded to F into/out of YYZ these days with some F seats leaving empty.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 9:36 am

It certainly is a bit upside down with the status these days.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 3:24 pm
Original Member

Programs: DL 3 MM/DM, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by beachmouse
Just try the fortress spoke cities in the south like TYS or BHM. Upgrades impossible, even as DM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.