Wiki Posts
Search

Delta 2022-23 Ski Service

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2022, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Delta 2022-23 Ski Service

Delta made some changes to ski flights over the weekend. Here’s where things stand for the coming winter.

ASE:
2x daily ATL
1x daily LAX
(More ATL than last year)

BZN:
4x daily SLC
2x daily MSP
2x daily ATL
1x weekly LAX

EGE
1x daily ATL

HDN
1x daily ATL
1x weekly MSP

JAC
4x daily SLC
1x daily ATL
(No MSP or LAX this year)

MTJ
1x daily ATL

SUN
3x daily SLC

All in all a pretty scattered offering and way behind United.
HohoGAP and coast_2_coast like this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 1:07 pm

Programs: I've gone underground!
I’m shocked to not see more flights given the premiums they’ve been charging the last couple of years… even just some weekend ones seem like they’d be cash cows.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 1:14 pm

Very disappointed to see the decreased HDN-MSP service. It was a popular route with a good cadence of running 2x a week on Tuesdays and Saturdays and was much more reliable than connecting thru ATL.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 1:31 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Extremely depressing, especially to CO. I guess I'll fly into DEN and drive like always
Spiff, Adelphos and coast_2_coast like this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 1:47 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by Crossinator
Extremely depressing, especially to CO. I guess I'll fly into DEN and drive like always
Yeah - Aren't ASE and EGE much busier ski areas than BZN and such?

Surprised DL doesn't offer JFK to EGE
coast_2_coast likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 2:00 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by emma dog
I’m shocked to not see more flights given the premiums they’ve been charging the last couple of years… even just some weekend ones seem like they’d be cash cows.
No kidding - given the prices these destinations can command, you'd think it'd be worth it for DL to find a way to allocate frames/staffing to support these segments. I've paid a fortune for flights into EGE, JAC, and MTJ in the past.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 3:28 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Adelphos
Yeah - Aren't ASE and EGE much busier ski areas than BZN and such?

Surprised DL doesn't offer JFK to EGE
Big Sky is booming these days (and very premium), and there's a lot more local/non ski traffic out of BZN metro than ASE/EGE. A decent amount of the traffic into ASE/EGE flies into DEN and drives because both airports (especially ASE) are incredibly unreliable in any sort of weather, which they get a lot of.

But this is a fairly dismal offering compared to AA/UA... hard to believe they can't make at least a single daily to each from SLC work between connections from the west coast and whatever O&D there would be for quick weekend trips. Tons of people in SLC have Epic/Ikon passes that cover the area and I could see plenty of folks I know (myself included) flying over if the schedule was right. NYC and LA too... it's just as fast to fly to CO as it is to drive to Stowe for a lot of NYC folks (and the product isn't even comparable) and more and more each year seem to be doing so vs. heading to VT.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
Delta made some changes to ski flights over the weekend. Here’s where things stand for the coming winter.

ASE:
2x daily ATL
1x daily LAX
(More ATL than last year)

BZN:
4x daily SLC
2x daily MSP
2x daily ATL
1x weekly LAX

EGE
1x daily ATL

HDN
1x daily ATL
1x weekly MSP

JAC
4x daily SLC
1x daily ATL
(No MSP or LAX this year)

MTJ
1x daily ATL
Bummer! No SLC-MTJ/HDN/ASE/EGE. They still have more demand! Lots of people who going to Colorado for skiing trips. They will be very disappointed. Guess they won’t have SLC flight anymore.
coast_2_coast likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 6:45 pm

Programs: Delta DM for now
Pretty pathetic service for some major ski destinations. Business as usual at RNO this winter with 4x SLC and 3x LAX. I would love for the occasional ATL service to return.
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 7:19 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by TuxTom
Pretty pathetic service for some major ski destinations. Business as usual at RNO this winter with 4x SLC and 3x LAX. I would love for the occasional ATL service to return.
I was surprised to see ATL-RNO not return as I've taken that previously with full loads both ways.

I think I'll be making use of ASE & MTJ this winter for a change versus EGE/HDN.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
For comparison, UA into JAC is DEN/SFO/LAX/IAH/ORD/EWR and AA is doing LAX/PHX/DFW/ORD/LGA/MIA. Delta is Salt Lake and Atlanta.
N830MH likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 8:30 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
For comparison, UA into JAC is DEN/SFO/LAX/IAH/ORD/EWR and AA is doing LAX/PHX/DFW/ORD/LGA/MIA. Delta is Salt Lake and Atlanta.
Even so, Delta has more daily flights to the largest ski resort in the US than AA and UA, since it has a hub that serves it.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
And no MSP or JFK. What a bummer.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Adam1222
Even so, Delta has more daily flights to the largest ski resort in the US than AA and UA, since it has a hub that serves it.
Well there is that.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 9:50 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by N830MH
Bummer! No SLC-MTJ/HDN/ASE/EGE. They still have more demand! Lots of people who going to Colorado for skiing trips. They will be very disappointed. Guess they won’t have SLC flight anymore.
Delta is still gate constrained at SLC and will continue to be gate limited until more gates open in the next two rounds of already underway build-out of the new airport terminals. So they can’t just add unlimited flights to everywhere. That probably plays a part in the lack of flights from SLC to other ski destinations. And as mentioned SLC itself is a major ski destination, of course, with eight large and a couple smaller resorts within an hour or so of the airport.
N830MH likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.