Extra greeters at SkyClubs?

Old Aug 13, 22, 1:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Is DL now imitating Walmart? Aren't they famous for hiring retired people to work as greeters?
Old Aug 13, 22, 1:53 pm

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
I read that as Graeters.
Old Aug 13, 22, 2:27 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
I read that as Graeters.
omg I wish they had Graeters! Instead, they cut the ice cream fridge in the CVG lounge and now we have nothing!
DLASflyer likes this.
Old Aug 13, 22, 2:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Platinum, IHG Platinum, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by Pianoman109876 View Post
So if we get them kicked out does that open up an extra space in the lounge? 😁
I was actually surprised during my latest trip to the sky lounge in ATL (forgot which concourse), but it wasn't crowded with obnoxious people and no kids running around. I didn't even see anybody stuffing their backpacks with snacks either.
Old Aug 13, 22, 2:38 pm

Programs: DL 2MM/PM, HH LT <>, Amex Plat
On 8/12 they did seem to have a few extra hands at the SLC entrance. One was a bit obnoxious and demanded to see everyone's boarding pass even before going to scanner.

Jim
Old Aug 13, 22, 3:11 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA (the airline)
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer View Post
I was actually surprised during my latest trip to the sky lounge in ATL (forgot which concourse), but it wasn't crowded with obnoxious people and no kids running around. I didn't even see anybody stuffing their backpacks with snacks either.

Are you sure you were at the right place?
Old Aug 13, 22, 4:12 pm

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
New hires in training practicing interface with the public.
emma dog likes this.
Old Aug 13, 22, 5:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Lomapaseo View Post
New hires in training practicing interface with the public.
Makes sense.

For nearly a decade we've had great difficulty getting new graduates to speak to customers on the phone without having a mental breakdown, I can only imagine how much stress the tiktok / tinder generation has actually conversing with a human in person.
Old Aug 13, 22, 9:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
......but is it enough training to post someone to a SC entrance for the purpose of demanding boarding passes? This doesn't seem either to alleviate the social anxiety of their generation or to significantly improve customer service skills by practice.
Old Aug 13, 22, 9:33 pm

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
Originally Posted by Pianoman109876 View Post
omg I wish they had Graeters! Instead, they cut the ice cream fridge in the CVG lounge and now we have nothing!
Sigh, I heard. Secretly hoping it's figured out before I start my fall push.
Old Aug 14, 22, 7:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
......but is it enough training to post someone to a SC entrance for the purpose of demanding boarding passes? This doesn't seem either to alleviate the social anxiety of their generation or to significantly improve customer service skills by practice.
I disagree. Often, once someone is forced into that position and nothing particularly terrible happens, even finding they enjoy some of the interactions to be enjoyable, they blossom with confidence and the hesitancy to communicate in person is no longer an issue.

For some of them, it's like discovering a superpower.
Old Aug 14, 22, 7:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Platinum, IHG Platinum, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer View Post
Are you sure you were at the right place?
Yes, I was in the right place.
Old Aug 14, 22, 1:43 pm

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post

But you forgot that us with lounge privileges are smiley faced laid back sheep who enjoy the entrance lines to the clubs. That experience alone should impress a new airline employee with the joys of interacting with customers
Old Aug 14, 22, 2:22 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
Sigh, I heard. Secretly hoping it's figured out before I start my fall push.
if they removed it, you actually have hope they will bring it back?
Old Aug 14, 22, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
I don't mind the extra greeters who whatever they're there for if its agents in training. not sure what the big deal is... but then again this is FT

Search this Thread