Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Amex travel, Air France, and MQD earning

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2022, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Silver, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist

I booked an AF flight on AF metal through the amextravel portal in an effort to increase my MQD earning. When I go to the AF website to check on my flight, the mileage accrual is set to Flying Blue and I do not see an option to change it to DL. Is there a way to change it to DL?

If I screwed this up, I can cancel the flight as I am still within the 24 hour cancel window, FWIW.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 6:30 pm

I just checked an AF flight I booked through DL, and I can’t change from SkyMiles or edit my number. I’d say try calling AF.
boss315 likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 11:05 pm

Programs: Hilton, United, Gold DL
Get it changed before the flight. Getting it fixed after is a PAIN!
Old Aug 11, 2022, 5:33 am

If you check a partner flight while logged in to your Flying Blue account, the partner flight links earning to Flying Blue. Very, very difficult to undo.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by shoodawg
If you check a partner flight while logged in to your Flying Blue account, the partner flight links earning to Flying Blue. Very, very difficult to undo.
Shady! There's no "I" in "SkyTeam" but obviously there is one in "Flying Blue"
Old Aug 11, 2022, 6:41 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Try texting AirFrance, they reply very quick and can help you. If not, during check-in you have the opportunity to enter your Skymiles instead.

I have an upcoming AF reservation and accidentally added it to my FB profile (didn’t sign out before checking it on the AF website). It still shows my Skymiles number and I have access to all Plat benefits (2 pieces of luggage, front seats for free, etc) however it shows me as Explorer instead of DL Platinum. Since my Skymiles shows there, is it safe to assume that it will be credited to DL?
Old Aug 11, 2022, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SDQBound
Try texting AirFrance, they reply very quick and can help you. If not, during check-in you have the opportunity to enter your Skymiles instead.

I have an upcoming AF reservation and accidentally added it to my FB profile (didn’t sign out before checking it on the AF website). It still shows my Skymiles number and I have access to all Plat benefits (2 pieces of luggage, front seats for free, etc) however it shows me as Explorer instead of DL Platinum. Since my Skymiles shows there, is it safe to assume that it will be credited to DL?
No. You can have more than one FF# listed.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 7:13 am
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
Doesn't DL provide service for AFKL in the US? If you call, they may be more eager to help than you expect.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by TBD
Doesn't DL provide service for AFKL in the US? If you call, they may be more eager to help than you expect.
Not since just before CV19 hit. They fully stopped Jan 2020.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 11:23 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
I have purchased AF tickets from AmEx before. OP is correct in that there isn't a way on the AmEx site to enter your DL number. As others have recommended, your best bet is to call AF and def get it resolved beforehand. It is also my understanding that it is next to impossible to unwind this after the flight.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 11:25 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Change it at the gate, assuming you're checking in there.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 1:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer
Change it at the gate, assuming you're checking in there.
This risks forgetting to do it before boarding the flight. Best practice is to check at the gate that your DL FF number is attached. It should also be printed on your boarding pass as "proof."
Old Aug 11, 2022, 2:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
If you have several weeks to waste​, try calling AMEX travel……I had to ask for someone fluent in English, however, but got it fixed. Tried calling DL to no avail. I also used messenger with AF and they added it. Good luck! AMEX travel is a mess!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.