Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Goodbye, Dom Perignon

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2022, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AsiaTravel2019
This is the biggest outrage since UA took Dasani sparkling water in 6 flavors out of the Coca-Cola Freestyle machines in the UC's, replacing it with the inferior A-Ha product (with its 2 flavors.)
To be fair, UA didn't do that, Coca-Cola did.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 11:12 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
With the advent of the DeltaOne lounges opening soon (JFK next year, LAX in 2024) could they be revamping the menu so that the D1 lounges will seem "fancier" by having the offerings that were removed from the Sky Clubs?
Goodoldflyer likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 11:35 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
Delta actually serves something not bottled by Coke?

Last edited by UAPremierExec; Aug 9, 2022 at 11:40 pm Reason: Didn't realize Coke bought CCE
Old Aug 10, 2022, 12:13 am

On a side note: can someone tell me if taxes are added to the 13,000 miles?
Old Aug 10, 2022, 12:28 am

Programs: I've gone underground!
Originally Posted by MarioRossi
On a side note: can someone tell me if taxes are added to the 13,000 miles?
no
Old Aug 10, 2022, 7:03 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Since they'd have to stock the products anyway under this scenario, I'd make them free in D1 lounges and still available for purchase in the regular lounges.

Originally Posted by diburning
With the advent of the DeltaOne lounges opening soon (JFK next year, LAX in 2024) could they be revamping the menu so that the D1 lounges will seem "fancier" by having the offerings that were removed from the Sky Clubs?
Old Aug 10, 2022, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dcstudent
Since they'd have to stock the products anyway under this scenario, I'd make them free in D1 lounges and still available for purchase in the regular lounges.
I've always thought that Delta One passengers should get (2?) vouchers for free premium drinks in the SkyClub (up to a certain $, not the Dom obviously, unless maybe on a full J fare? ).
cmd320 likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 11:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ijgordon
I've always thought that Delta One passengers should get (2?) vouchers for free premium drinks in the SkyClub (up to a certain $, not the Dom obviously, unless maybe on a full J fare? ).
If there's going to be decent F&B served on board, who wants to consume more F&B in the lounge? It's too much when one has a D1 flight.
ryanm and Goodoldflyer like this.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
I’m sure at least a few people will disagree with that
Eastbay1K and remyontheroad like this.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 1:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jrl767
I’m sure at least a few people will disagree with that
Lounge or not, give me an IFE ordering system so I can avoid the shame of asking an FA for order after order, and I'm going to eat and drink your profit margin
Old Aug 10, 2022, 1:40 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Gold, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by diburning
I doubt it. The Delta One lounge will still have to compete with the Polars and Flagship lounges. Right now, although SkyClubs better than AA + UA normal lounges, they're nothing close to Polaris + Flagship.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 1:42 pm

Programs: DL 1MM PM: UA Plat
Originally Posted by jrl767
I might be a bit presumptuous to offer this in the vein of Eastbay1K-humo(u)r-speak, but for the financially-driven decision-makers, cash flow beats cash-ay every day
<snicker> Touché
Old Aug 10, 2022, 1:58 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by atldiamond
I doubt it. The Delta One lounge will still have to compete with the Polars and Flagship lounges. Right now, although SkyClubs better than AA + UA normal lounges, they're nothing close to Polaris + Flagship.

I don't know. I was just in the SFO Polaris lounge. The space is really nice and not crowded. The food is better than Sky Club food, but honestly not in a significant way, IMO, from the top Sky Clubs.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If there's going to be decent F&B served on board, who wants to consume more F&B in the lounge? It's too much when one has a D1 flight.
a lot of people don't want to consume anything on board (e.g. they want to go straight to sleep)
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Maybe I don’t want to consume anything on board?
lsquare and Ghoulish like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.