Plat C+ upgrade after booking

Old Aug 5, 22, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Plat C+ upgrade after booking

Apologies for starting a thread , didn't find the correct place to post.

As a platinum member I am normally able to get free C+ seats after booking for me +companion.
I'm currently booked on a reservation with my wife our 1 y/o daughter, we purchased a seat for her. Is there anyway delta will grant us the C+ seats based on my status?
Old Aug 5, 22, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM MM, Mlife Noir, TR 7*, Marriott Tit, UA Plat, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Kleinnaf View Post
Apologies for starting a thread , didn't find the correct place to post.

As a platinum member I am normally able to get free C+ seats after booking for me +companion.
I'm currently booked on a reservation with my wife our 1 y/o daughter, we purchased a seat for her. Is there anyway delta will grant us the C+ seats based on my status?
Main thread (will ping the mods for possible merge): Upgrading w/companions, eligibility, timing, Sep 2020 onward (consolidated)

Just to be clear, it sounds like you have 3 ticketed passengers. Do either of them have status? If you have more than two passengers in a record, the only way to be eligible for upgrades is if all 3 are Medallion members.
Old Aug 5, 22, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Zorak View Post
Main thread (will ping the mods for possible merge): Upgrading w/companions, eligibility, timing, Sep 2020 onward (consolidated)

Just to be clear, it sounds like you have 3 ticketed passengers. Do either of them have status? If you have more than two passengers in a record, the only way to be eligible for upgrades is if all 3 are Medallion members.
Thanks for the prompt response!
The three of us are medallion members, however only one of us (myself) is a platinum member.
Looks like id have to split the reservation in order to get the C+ seats for me + companion.
​​​​​​
Old Aug 5, 22, 2:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The three of us are medallion members, however only one of us (myself) is a platinum member.
Looks like id have to split the reservation in order to get the C+ seats for me + companion.
​​​​​​
Don't you want both parents to sit with the one year old? Unless there's a seat available (likely to be premium, so again the lack of status would be an issue) just behind the C+ section, someone is likely to be sitting in the rear of the aircraft.

ADDED: If two get "upgraded" to C+ after splitting the PNR, you could pay for the third C+ seat.
Old Aug 5, 22, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

[QUOTE=MSPeconomist;34489438]Don't you want both parents to sit with the one year old? Unless there's a seat available (likely to be premium, so again the lack of status would be an issue) just behind the C+ section, someone is likely to be sitting in the rear of the aircraft.

ADDED: If two get "upgraded" to C+ after splitting the PNR, you could pay for the third C+ seat.[/QUOTE]was hoping it won't have to come down to this. I don't mind paying for the third seat, would just prefer to have us all on the same reservation
Old Aug 5, 22, 3:03 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA (the airline)
[QUOTE=Kleinnaf;34489458]
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Don't you want both parents to sit with the one year old? Unless there's a seat available (likely to be premium, so again the lack of status would be an issue) just behind the C+ section, someone is likely to be sitting in the rear of the aircraft.

ADDED: If two get "upgraded" to C+ after splitting the PNR, you could pay for the third C+ seat.[/QUOTE]was hoping it won't have to come down to this. I don't mind paying for the third seat, would just prefer to have us all on the same reservation
Honestly, I don't see the big deal about C+. It's not like the food or service are different, and I don't really find the seats all that different. I'd rather have three seats together in economy and be on the same reservation. But, clearly some folks may see it differently.
Old Aug 5, 22, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

[QUOTE=Goodoldflyer;34489504]

Honestly, I don't see the big deal about C+. It's not like the food or service are different, and I don't really find the seats all that different. I'd rather have three seats together in economy and be on the same reservation. But, clearly some folks may see it differently.
Normally I would agree.
However on this particular flight the only seats available are row 55! So the C+ would definitely help. Also we're bringing along a car seat which can use the extra inch or two..
Old Aug 5, 22, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM MM, Mlife Noir, TR 7*, Marriott Tit, UA Plat, Hyatt Glob
​​​​​​
All three have Medallion status, i.e. Silver or higher? As opposed to general members who have SkyMiles accounts, but not Medallion status.
Old Aug 5, 22, 6:00 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Zorak View Post
All three have Medallion status, i.e. Silver or higher? As opposed to general members who have SkyMiles accounts, but not Medallion status.
It's one PM and two general members (with DL FF numbers).
Old Aug 5, 22, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's one PM and two general members (with DL FF numbers).
That's certainly my interpretation, but it's not precisely what OP said ("the three of us are medallion members"), hence my clarifying question about Medallion status vs. SkyMiles membership (I am guessing it's just confusion over the terms)
Old Aug 5, 22, 6:12 pm

​​​​​​
Despite the wording, I interpret this as saying that only one of the three has status (PM).
Old Aug 5, 22, 6:29 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
Should have just done infant in arms. Sure you lose 1 seat but you're up in C+ and if you play the game right you could have gotten the free upgrade to 1st and or a empty seat in-between ya.
Old Aug 5, 22, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by HWGeeks View Post
Should have just done infant in arms. Sure you lose 1 seat but you're up in C+ and if you play the game right you could have gotten the free upgrade to 1st and or a empty seat in-between ya.
This won't work if they want to baby to be in a car seat. OTOH, a CARES harness in a middle coach seat (three across) would give the parents lots of extra room.
Goodoldflyer likes this.
Old Aug 5, 22, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Despite the wording, I interpret this as saying that only one of the three has status (PM).
Well, only because it would probably be difficult (but not impossible) for a 1 y/o to have status without the benefit of 3 years of rollover MQMs and a Delta Amex MQD waiver.

Search this Thread