Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums >
Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles

Delta is launching 4 exciting new routes, including Tahiti, Cape Town and Tel Aviv

Delta is launching 4 exciting new routes, including Tahiti, Cape Town and Tel Aviv

Old Aug 1, 22, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by moondog View Post
It's not about west v east. They have no reason to kill their golden goose, which also happens to be the only US-China flight that is 4x/per week, though it did get another 14-day time out starting next week.
857 was daily pre-COVID?
Old Aug 1, 22, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lsquare View Post
857 was daily pre-COVID?
Sure, but during Covid, every single other flight has been 2x per week, at most.
Old Aug 1, 22, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Contradancer View Post
When did I actually do this? 2001 maybe? I don't remember how long that link-up lasted. It was supposed to end up in a closer relationship and then poof. I'm in IT and I can only imagine the hoops that must have been jumped through to integrate Mileage Plus and SkyMiles for that brief period of time.
Actually, it is South African Airways. They used old codeshare partner with Delta. So now, no longer codeshare with South African Airways. They went to United and join Star Alliance.
Old Aug 1, 22, 2:57 pm

857 was daily pre-COVID?
United was double daily on SFO-PVG and their executives said several times that SFO-PVG was the most profitable route they had, largely due to tech contracts (*cough* Apple *cough*)

they'd be insane not to be flying it was much as they possibly can right now.
moondog and lsquare like this.
Old Aug 1, 22, 7:35 pm

Programs: AA,AC,DL,F9,UA,WN
Originally Posted by Dawgfan6291 View Post
The other thing to look at is that Delta is growing some of its MIA flying (first MCO, now LAX. I'd expect some additional Florida flights to come as well) due to the LATAM JV..
When they announced MCO-MIA a month or so ago all the speculation was that it was designed for residents of both cities to have access to LATAM flights at the other city. That may be primarily true but in looking at flights recently for next year to the middle east from Orlando, one of cheaper options I keep seeing involves flying from MCO to MIA on DL first and then connecting to AF and KL to their respective hubs and then connecting in Europe to the middle east. So these DL fflights to Miami are opening up some other possibilities as well.
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Aug 1, 22, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Isn't same gate in ATL before. Bound for TLV flight? Gate E17? I remember where it is. All passengers must go through special security checks prior to boarding the aircraft. Due to Israeli government.

All passengers must remain in their seated for 30 minutes rule to/from Israeli airspace. Restroom is prohibited.

You have go to lavatory. Make it quickly! Do it now! Before descent approaching Israeli airspace.
Old Aug 1, 22, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dawgfan6291 View Post
United was double daily on SFO-PVG and their executives said several times that SFO-PVG was the most profitable route they had, largely due to tech contracts (*cough* Apple *cough*)

they'd be insane not to be flying it was much as they possibly can right now.
It was? I did fly 857 pre-COVID, but I don't remember it being 2x daily.
Old Aug 1, 22, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It was? I did fly 857 pre-COVID, but I don't remember it being 2x daily.
The second flight had a different flight number.
Old Aug 1, 22, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by moondog View Post
The second flight had a different flight number.
Of course. I thought we were on the same page. What was the flight number?
moondog likes this.
Old Aug 1, 22, 11:36 pm

Of course. I thought we were on the same page. What was the flight number?
That one I couldn't tell you.

United has rights for SFO-PVG 2x daily, SFO-PEK daily, ORD-PVG daily, ORD-PEK daily, EWR-PVG daily, EWR-PEK daily, IAD-PEK daily(I think) and LAX-PVG daily. Plus they had flights on some SFO-Secondary China. (As well as SFO/EWR/ORD-HKG but different bilateral)
moondog and lsquare like this.
Old Aug 2, 22, 12:59 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, SPG PLT, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Avis CHM.
ATL-TLV will be operated by the ex-LATAM A350s.
Delta confirmed to me that the route will not operate with D1 suites or PS on my blog: https://www.dansdeals.com/points-tra...x-latam-a350s/

Good for GUCs I suppose, bad for everyone else.
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 2, 22, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ctownflyer View Post
Delta confirmed to me that the route will not operate with D1 suites or PS on my blog: https://www.dansdeals.com/points-tra...x-latam-a350s/

Weird. However TLV has always been a less than full premium route on most airlines. (Not lowest, not highest, but middle premium cabin) I was actually shocked when they announced BOS-TLV on A339.
Old Aug 2, 22, 4:30 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by ctownflyer View Post

and it begins.

watch when they add PS to these aircraft (because it makes them money) but dont change the D1 cabin.

keep on devaluing yourself, Delta.
Old Aug 2, 22, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Pianoman109876 View Post
and it begins.

watch when they add PS to these aircraft (because it makes them money) but dont change the D1 cabin.

If they wanted to added PS, they could've done so when "refreshing" plane to Delta colors. They're not going to pull these in to add PS but not match rest of A359. Not putting in Suites was simply cause need aircraft in service.
Old Aug 2, 22, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by Pianoman109876 View Post
and it begins.

I swear. Some of y'all are so damn negative all the time. Are you like this in everything in life?

and your wrong btw. Plans are already in place for all the LATAM birds to be brought up to Delta standards, almost exactly the same as the legacy Delta A350s.
Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
If they wanted to added PS, they could've done so when "refreshing" plane to Delta colors. They're not going to pull these in to add PS but not match rest of A359. Not putting in Suites was simply cause need aircraft in service.
Add in supplier issues for getting seats and MRO availability.
I know a lot of people think Ed Bastian can just snap his fingers and like magically airplanes are modded in seconds, terminals are rebuilt in no time, and any kind of change is instantly done......but in the real world that isn't how its done.

IIRC LATAM A350s next year will come with D1S seats installed and the 4-5 that wont have then will rate back into mod cycles in 2024. Fun fact the Lion Air 739s are coming without the Delta product. Its not some grand conspiracy. Its not that Delta hates Pianoman. Its that MRO availability is hard to find and the airline supply chain is incredibly incredibly strained. Those birds will be done hopefully by 2025.
flyerCO likes this.

Search this Thread