Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Premium Select service: light at the end of the tunnel?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premium Select service: light at the end of the tunnel?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2022, 1:12 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
The DL amenity kits are a joke. The old Tumi ones were the best-able to actually be called amenity kits. The new ones are a pathetic excuse.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 1:18 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, BA Bronze, Ex-skywards Platnium
Originally Posted by DLATL777
The DL amenity kits are a joke. The old Tumi ones were the best-able to actually be called amenity kits. The new ones are a pathetic excuse.
A colleague's child was playing around with it and ended up tearing it. I'll fly D1 if I have to head straight to DTW from Europe for work, but I'll take KLM's 2-2-2 config over it any day these days. If D1 goes back to pre-pandemic service and amenities, then I'm fair game.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 4:36 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer
The latest iteration of the D1 amenity kits don't have them. They do give you slippers, which I appreciate, but I like the socks, too.
I've been flying SEA-LHR 3x in Delta One over the last 6 weeks and wondered why there were no socks but was provided slippers every time. This is a nice change though I don't really use Slippers. I miss the Tumi Kits & Westin Heavenly bedding though!
Old Jul 29, 2022, 5:57 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO
No socks. Even D1 doesn't get them anymore.
I got socks BOS to DUB last month on PE and Slippers on D1 AMS to BOS this month.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 6:34 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Are slippers now given on all D1 international (overnight?) flights? In the past, there was some rule about slippers being available only on flights exceeding a certain length, IIRC ten hours scheduled flight time. Shorter flights, including most TATL routes, got only the red socks.
I got slippers on EZE-ATL
Old Jul 29, 2022, 6:51 pm

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
Based on my haphazard experience TATL, I'm not convinced.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well the socks and the earplugs were the only two things I regularly used from the amenity kit. I assume they still haven’t brought back the earplugs?
Old Jul 30, 2022, 2:02 am

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Well the socks and the earplugs were the only two things I regularly used from the amenity kit. I assume they still haven’t brought back the earplugs?
On last night’s flight ATL-CDG, I had slippers and earplugs in my kit. I also had a bamboo toothbrush, hand cream, and lip balm. Not much in the kits now. I miss the hot towel service. The packaged ‘towel’ isn’t the same.
ijgordon likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 4:01 am

Originally Posted by AllOver
On last night’s flight ATL-CDG, I had slippers and earplugs in my kit. I also had a bamboo toothbrush, hand cream, and lip balm. Not much in the kits now. I miss the hot towel service. The packaged ‘towel’ isn’t the same.
DL's transatlantic joint-venture partners have had hot towels back for some time now. I wonder how many pennies they're saving per flight with this move...
Goodoldflyer likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by AllOver
Glad ear plugs are back!
Old Jul 30, 2022, 7:08 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles | Platinum
Originally Posted by RetiredATLATC
This is what Delta Twitter just sent me when I asked about PS meals:

Hello! Thank you so much for reaching out.

While I am not seeing a timeline specifically for bringing back meals we have made some enhancements to our Delta Premium Select service that began on July 26th

Psgrs will receive a Welcome Card with printed mini menu and QR code when available, a scented towel followed by sparkling wine/water, Bites (packages snack), water and cutlery. Acces to the Delta One Skybreak basket will be offered after completion of the first service.

There will be another Phase happening at a later time as well and details will be forthcoming.
Official PR mentions: "Additional enhancements to the onboard DPS experience to debut this fall"
Glad to see it for those who value the PS experience!
HAPPYLIFE likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 8:50 am

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
Not to be an azzz, but why is the PS thread hijacked to only talk about D1?

Anyway, I guess I have my answer....crap food on my flight in August
CO-PLAT, xjoedx and CowGirlMoo like this.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 10:20 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy
Not to be an azzz, but why is the PS thread hijacked to only talk about D1?

Anyway, I guess I have my answer....crap food on my flight in August
You're right, and I'm not making any changes to class of service or anything else based on what is or is not in the amenity kit. I can bring my own toothbrush and socks. The amenity kit is for when I forget one of those...
Old Jul 30, 2022, 12:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by fliesdelta
I got slippers on EZE-ATL
IIRC EZE-ATL and vv is scheduled for about eight hours. It's overnight in both directions.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 12:43 pm

I remember when DL PS was the best Premium Economy product in the market. Hopefully they bring it back their pre-pandemic service and touches that made it stand out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.