Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

International Check in at Domestic Counter (and vice versa)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:04 pm

Programs: DL DM
As a final update and another data point - I did end up going through F at 17:00 with oversized bags/special items and had no problem. As for security - it was nearly empty. Zero ppl before the ID checker and just a few minutes waiting through the x-ray. I think there were 2 or maybe 3 x-ray belts open. It worked out very well.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:08 pm

Best kept secret for us ATL-based flyers.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:29 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonrs Diamond
Originally Posted by 21A

I think the reason they ask this is that the face ID thing only works for international...
Yes, that must be it. I thought he saw LAX on my phone, but perhaps he did not.

Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
Best kept secret for us ATL-based flyers.
Definitely. Or even if you are visiting ATL and being dropped off at the airport by car/taxi. Just don't bring a checked bag if you are flying domestic on an airline other than DL.
And the F SkyClub is lovely especially on a nice weather day with its outdoor deck.
Or if F SkyClub is too busy, the walk from F to E is very serene, especially the termination at Gate E18, a few gates away from the E SkyClub entrance instead of into a crowd of plane train riders.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 10:28 am

Any updates? Flying out tomorrow domestic, but returning on an international flight next week and would rather park over at Fast Park, but I will have to check bags this trip
Old Jul 29, 2019, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
Any updates? Flying out tomorrow domestic, but returning on an international flight next week and would rather park over at Fast Park, but I will have to check bags this trip
Delta doesn’t care where you check bags. Southwest does not have check in facilities in the international terminal.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 11:53 am

Uber wasn't working for me this morning, so I took MARTA to domestic, off the train at 9am, immediately on the International terminal shuttle bus under the rental car shuttle terminal, thru Int'l TSA-Pre and in The Club lounge with a screwdriver by 9:20a; then on a 10:30a Southwest flight to San Diego

Last edited by dmbolp; Jul 29, 2019 at 12:00 pm
Old Nov 13, 2021, 8:00 pm

Can you still check domestic bags at F ?

Wanted to check as I haven’t flown since pre COVID. Thanks
Old Nov 13, 2021, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by EWR-6785
Wanted to check as I haven’t flown since pre COVID. Thanks
Yes I do it all the time. But if you park at International then on the return your bags will arrive at domestic and you will need to take a bus to your car.
EWR-6785 and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
Yes I do it all the time. But if you park at International then on the return your bags will arrive at domestic and you will need to take a bus to your car.
I believe you can check there only if the airline you fly has international flights and has a baggage handling service at the international terminal. Many but not all airlines serving ATL would have baggage checking service at the international terminal.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by xooz
I believe you can check there only if the airline you fly has international flights and has a baggage handling service at the international terminal. Many but not all airlines serving ATL would have baggage checking service at the international terminal.
This is the DL forum. Other than DL no domestic carrier operates International flights from ATL.
xooz and FlyBitcoin like this.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO
This is the DL forum. Other than DL no domestic carrier operates International flights from ATL.
Duhh.. indeed the question must have been DL specific. There have been other airlines with international flights from ATL though. I think Frontier flies to CUN currently, there could be others.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by xooz
Duhh.. indeed the question must have been DL specific. There have been other airlines with international flights from ATL though. I think Frontier flies to CUN currently, there could be others.
For Southwest I have to check in at domestic.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 9:43 am
formerly jackvogt

Programs: Delta SkyMiles,
Any airline that serves ATL (excluding Delta): If you have carry on only and mobile/printed boarding pass, you may go through security at the international terminal.

Delta: You may print your boarding pass and/or check your bag at the international terminal. Just keep in mind, when you return, your checked bag will go to the domestic side.

This is a great "hack" that has allowed us to arrive about an hour before departure during busy summer months. I dislike sitting around at airports.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 11:56 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles

We have an international Delta flight next week and wondering if we can check in at the Domestic terminal counter and go thru security there? We want to do that because our flight back is thru Miami so will have to clear customs, etc. and recheck bags to ATL. So we (and our bags) should arrive back at ATL at the domestic terminal so would be much easier to leave our car there. Thank you
Old Jul 28, 2022, 12:18 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Assuming you're asking about ATL, yes, you can check in and check bags for an international flight at the domestic terminal counter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.