Wiki Posts
Search

MDW-MSP comfort plus is $9?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2022, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

MDW-MSP comfort plus is $9?

Chicago (midway) to MSP -- 400 miles.

Comfort plus was $9 to upgrade (3 days to takeoff). Is this typical?

I had some cheapo fair. I guess it's a short flight and most snobs avoid Midway. They give you a free beer or wine still?

Just curious -- I usually pinch pennies for personal travel & this is a route I take often (usually not on Delta).
Old Jul 27, 2022, 2:17 pm

the price AI does what the pricing AI does its not typical but probably worth taking
Old Jul 27, 2022, 2:18 pm

Fairly normal price for such a short flight. DL has a really hard time selling those upgrades on short flights. Yes, you are supposed to get beer/wine, but a lazy FA may try to get away with just serving water as was my experience on a recent 500 mile flight.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The fare difference (from Main) is nominally $20 on this route, so the savings are not actually all that spectacular. The online seat upgrade offers are not the same as a refare and do not retain any value should you wish to make a flight change (unless you are successful in persuading them to make an exception).

Last edited by xliioper; Jul 27, 2022 at 2:42 pm
Old Jul 27, 2022, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
​​​​​​One advantage to buying C+ is for SDC purposes. C+ is the same rule as F. You just need an open seat in the C+ and if C+ isn't available, you can still SDC if there's a standard Main Cabin seat available.
Same Day Changes
If you are traveling in Delta Comfort+ ®, you may make a same-day confirmed change as long as a seat is available in Delta Comfort+
If there is not a seat available in Delta Comfort+, you may be eligible to make a Same-Day Confirmed change in a Main Cabin seat, if available
https://www.delta.com/us/en/change-c...-flight-change
manacit, hi55us and becks1 like this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
​​​​​​One advantage to buying C+ is for SDC purposes. C+ is the same rule as F. You just need an open seat in the C+ and if C+ isn't available, you can still SDC if there's a standard Main Cabin seat available.

https://www.delta.com/us/en/change-c...-flight-change
Doesn’t apply to automatic DM/PM C+ upgrade at booking unfortunately.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 7:16 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by The Situation
Fairly normal price for such a short flight. DL has a really hard time selling those upgrades on short flights. Yes, you are supposed to get beer/wine, but a lazy FA may try to get away with just serving water as was my experience on a recent 500 mile flight.
if they decide to serve anything at all..
Old Jul 27, 2022, 8:06 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
Doesn’t apply to automatic DM/PM C+ upgrade at booking unfortunately.
Which is not "buying C+".
PanAmSam likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.