Calculating points

Old Jul 26, 2022, 12:03 am
Original Poster

Calculating points

I'm super close to keeping my status for next year but still short. I have two trips booked and I spaced on writing the MQD down so I can plan for the rest of the year. Is there a way to calculate the MQD? I promise, I wont forget to write it down.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If they are all DL marketed flights, it's just base fare + carrier-imposed surcharges (if any, they aren't charged on domestic fares) found in email or online receipts. All other taxes/fees don't earn MQDs.

If any partner marketed flights are involved, it gets more complicated as MQDs are based on a percentage of miles flown. The percentage varies with fare class purchased.
Skymiles award flights on DL metal also earn MQDs now at mileage redeemed/100.
Nupey10 likes this.

Last edited by xliioper; Jul 26, 2022 at 12:20 am
Old Jul 26, 2022, 12:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xliioper
If they are all DL marketed flights, it's just base fare + carrier-imposed surcharges (if any, they aren't charged on domestic fares) found in email or online receipts. All other taxes/fees don't earn MQDs.

If any partner marketed flights are involved, it gets more complicated as MQDs are based on a percentage of miles flown. The percentage varies with fare class purchased.
Both flights are Aeromexico. First flight is coach and is an E and Q coded ticket. Sorry blanking on proper term. The cost was $616.09 The second one is a W and I coded ticket and was 730.09. I tried asking DL chat and they were useless. I thought about asking to be transfered but I have a feeling the person on the other end was being lazy.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Milesaway76
Both flights are Aeromexico. First flight is coach and is an E and Q coded ticket. Sorry blanking on proper term. The cost was $616.09 The second one is a W and I coded ticket and was 730.09. I tried asking DL chat and they were useless. I thought about asking to be transfered but I have a feeling the person on the other end was being lazy.
As noted above, if they are partner marketed, MQD is based on a percentage of mileage flown, not fare cost. The amount you paid has no bearing on MQD earning and you have to look at the flight distances involved and use the MQD earning percentage from AM chart on this page -- https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles...rline-partners. (Click on the box that says "Mileage Earn On/After ..." under section for AM). Not sure what you mean by E and Q coded and W and I coded. You can use a site like gcmap.com to calculate flight distances.

Last edited by xliioper; Jul 26, 2022 at 12:46 am
Old Jul 26, 2022, 1:26 am
Original Poster

3371 miles is the estimate miles flown combined for both flights. Do I take that and multiple that by 40% since I am silver? The total I come back with is 1348. Does that sound right for the MQD? I got 40% since I am silver. I really hate math and pretty bad at it.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by xliioper
As noted above, if they are partner marketed, MQD is based on a percentage of mileage flown, not fare cost.
well, it depends. AM-marketed flights on DL ticket stock now (since the middle of 2021) earn just like DL-marketed/operated flights.
Milesaway76 likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Milesaway76
3371 miles is the estimate miles flown combined for both flights. Do I take that and multiple that by 40% since I am silver? The total I come back with is 1348. Does that sound right for the MQD? I got 40% since I am silver. I really hate math and pretty bad at it.
No, 40% is the Silver bonus for mileage earning and does not apply to MQD earn. You need to now the specific booking class for your flights and then look that the percentage in the MQD column of the AM partner earning chart. What, specifically, does your receipts say about your flights?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.