Wiki Posts
Search

MIA Ground Collision 7/24/22

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2022, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
MIA Ground Collision 7/24/22

Delta 1654, a 757 to ATL, hit Delta 2911, a 738 bound for BOS. Flights were delayed 6.5 and 4 hours, respectively as new aircraft were positioned.

https://www.11alive.com/article/travel/delta-plane-collide-miami-international-atlanta/85-8cb5ccd3-61c8-4c4d-bd25-3f67379a3e44

That Twitter thread has a lot more info.

Last edited by DLASflyer; Jul 25, 2022 at 7:25 am
Old Jul 25, 2022, 8:35 am

Programs: DL DM
I wonder how much the captain's insurance premium went up by?
Old Jul 25, 2022, 8:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Why would insurance for the captain of the twitter guy's flight be affected? That plane was parked at the gate, although it's not clear whether boarding had already started or even whether that pilot was in the cockpit at the time the incident occurred. It's also unclear whether the other (moving) aircraft was being driven by its pilot or moved with a tug by ground staff employee(s).
Old Jul 25, 2022, 1:55 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by cre95
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Why would insurance for the captain of the twitter guy's flight be affected? That plane was parked at the gate, although it's not clear whether boarding had already started or even whether that pilot was in the cockpit at the time the incident occurred. It's also unclear whether the other (moving) aircraft was being driven by its pilot or moved with a tug by ground staff employee(s).
All joking aside... the ramp shares full responsibility on push back and marshalling an aircraft in but ultimately the Captain is the PIC and has direct responsibility and final authority as to the operation of the aircraft even when not at fault under 14 CFR 91.3.
doubleA likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by cre95
Hopefully he has “Accident Forgiveness” as part of his plan.
hhdl likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
All joking aside... the ramp shares full responsibility on push back and marshalling an aircraft in but ultimately the Captain is the PIC and has direct responsibility and final authority as to the operation of the aircraft even when not at fault under 14 CFR 91.3.
*cough* outsourced ramp *cough*
DLASflyer likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 3:49 pm

Did he get a point? My daughter was at a red light completely stopped and minding her own business and a girl ran into her. My daughter got a point! She was so ticked off about that.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by whitewave
Did he get a point? My daughter was at a red light completely stopped and minding her own business and a girl ran into her. My daughter got a point! She was so ticked off about that.
Wait, what? Unless she was over the stop line I would be incredulous.
doubleA likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 4:55 pm

The 757, N823DX / 6823 was apparently repaired and supposed to fly as DL9965 MIA-ATL leaving at 6am on July 27th. However, it looks like it's still in MIA. Apparently some people in the terminal thought that it may have been damaged on pushback (again).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.