Wiki Posts
Search

App keeps "losing" pending trips?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2022, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
App keeps "losing" pending trips?

Anyone have an issue where your "My Trips" is showing no trips and then being unable to search for them using your confirmation number? Been happening on and off the last few days and getting worse. Utterly useless "delta.com" desk (which I'm not even sure is a thing but the "Platinum Agent" apparently transferred me) said there's no reported problems.

Yes, I've restarted phone, deleted/redownloaded app, etc, etc, etc, ad nauseum....
boss315 and Pocatello like this.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 2:26 pm

Programs: DL DM
Been having the exact same issue as well, so you are not alone.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 2:32 pm

Programs: Delta DM/Amex Reserve 2 Million Miler
Yes all my trips vanished yesterday
Had to look them up one by one with email receipts
Old Jul 24, 2022, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by robnsfla
Yes all my trips vanished yesterday
Had to look them up one by one with email receipts
Mine won't find with confirmation number, email, OR credit card.

Another "enhancement"

Seriously screw this - being gaslit by the idiot agent makes it even worse.

"oh, there's no issue with the app!"
boss315 likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 3:26 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
After all my pending trips disappeared from the app, I had success by selecting the Log Out option in the app, closing the app, and then restarting the app and logging in again. After that sequence of steps, all my trips reappeared.
doubleA likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, GlobalEntry, Admirals Club, United Club
Originally Posted by mnbp
After all my pending trips disappeared from the app, I had success by selecting the Log Out option in the app, closing the app, and then restarting the app and logging in again. After that sequence of steps, all my trips reappeared.
Same for me. Happened yesterday.

OP - unless you have a trip in the next day or so, not sure why you're that upset about this. Also, I really don't think it's fair to blame the CS agent or say they're "gaslighting" you. They would only know about the issue if other people have mentioned it to them, and since this is almost certainly not an issue that most people would take the time to call in about I don't think it's at all strange that a CS agent doesn't know about.
RacingJunkie likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jetsfan92588
Same for me. Happened yesterday.

OP - unless you have a trip in the next day or so, not sure why you're that upset about this. Also, I really don't think it's fair to blame the CS agent or say they're "gaslighting" you. They would only know about the issue if other people have mentioned it to them, and since this is almost certainly not an issue that most people would take the time to call in about I don't think it's at all strange that a CS agent doesn't know about.
I have a trip at 6 AM tomorrow I haven’t been able to check in or retrieve a boarding pass for. The agent said she could not check me in online but assured me everything was fine; that there was no issues with the app; and to “just get to the airport a little early tomorrow” to check in.

so yes, I’m annoyed.

and this wasn’t a “platinum” agent. This was supposedly the online/delta.com help desk which is supposed to be aware of all app and online stuff apparently.
Pocatello likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 5:54 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
Yep same thing. PITA.

Called in and they saw everything ok.

Had a flight (earlier today) that the app insisted was cancelled. Wasn't, but weird.

Did the re-download app, etc. Didn't fix it.

Online showed things correctly.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 5:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, GlobalEntry, Admirals Club, United Club
Originally Posted by Pianoman109876
I have a trip at 6 AM tomorrow I haven’t been able to check in or retrieve a boarding pass for. The agent said she could not check me in online but assured me everything was fine; that there was no issues with the app; and to “just get to the airport a little early tomorrow” to check in.

so yes, I’m annoyed.

and this wasn’t a “platinum” agent. This was supposedly the online/delta.com help desk which is supposed to be aware of all app and online stuff apparently.
Did you try to just go to delta.com to check in?
Old Jul 24, 2022, 6:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jetsfan92588
Did you try to just go to delta.com to check in?
Yes, I am able to check in, but when I click on "print my boarding pass" I get the spinning wheel of death which never resolves and eventually my browser times out. If I then close the browser and sign back in, it says I'm not checked in.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 6:51 pm

Had experienced this nearly all day. My trips couldn’t be found via confirmation number either. That said, everything is back and appears to be working correctly again.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 6:59 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
Yep called this morning and no issues at all
Old Jul 24, 2022, 9:26 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
The issue for me seems to come and go. Logging out and logging back in again seems to do the trick. But in one case I was logged into my travel companion's account and did not see his flights. but he was able to see them on his side at the exact same time. So def something going on... eventually delta will sort it out. hopefully.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 9:57 pm

What has worked for me in Android is going into the app information page and using the "force stop" button, then reopening.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 11:26 pm

Programs: DL, Hilton, National
I have had this happen to me recently.

Also, randomly when I have booked tickets for other people while logged into my SM account, sometime their itinerary will show in my app, but not always. On the times it has, I have never been on the itinerary, but they still show up. But it doesn't always do it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.