Search

C+ UG Requiring Ticket Reissue?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2022, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
C+ UG Requiring Ticket Reissue?

Ok, here's a first for me:

Unable to checkin via the app or online for my return flight in the morning. Flew the outbound a few days ago and all was fine. I received the usual C+ upgrades shortly after ticketing last week when I made the reservation. Then called to apply an RUC for the last segment. Anyway, got an error when trying to checkin this morning. Called the PM line secretly hoping my RUC had cleared and that might be causing the hangup. The agent says "No, your RUC has not cleared, but because you were upgraded to C+ your ticket must be reissued." I find this hard to believe as I've flown hundreds of flights where I get the automatic UG to C+ (SU class) right after purchase.

Agent then says hold times to get the ticket reissued were over an hour and she can't wait that long and to just deal with it at the airport.

Yeah, no thanks. HUCA. Currently waiting on a 10 min callback.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 9:58 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by GagaPilot
I find this hard to believe
Same...
​​​​​
Originally Posted by GagaPilot
Agent then says hold times to get the ticket reissued were over an hour and she can't wait that long and to just deal with it at the airport.
... I hope you rated her accordingly.
GagaPilot and altabello like this.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 10:32 am
Original Poster

After receiving the callback, the second agent was much better! As I suspected, the C+ UG was not the issue. My RUC from MSP-ANC had cleared! The agent then said there was also availability on the prior leg, ATL-MSP. So she applied the RUC to cover that one has well. After 20 minutes with her intensely working with the reissue desk, all is well. I was able to checkin and receive BPs for the flights, as well as I managed to squeeze in a meal pre-select order just before the 24 hour cutoff.

Anyway, this turned out to be yet another RUC issue. Mods feel free to merge to the RUC thread.
MSPeconomist, Zorak and altabello like this.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 1:13 pm

I have run into this issue 3 or 4 times in the last few months. You can't check in after an RUC clears for upgrade. I have called and had them tell me there is no reason to have the ticket reissued. The last time I asked the agent to humor me and check. After about 10 minutes wait, she came back and said "your right", it does need to be reissued. I also find it amazing that they can't see that the upgrade cleared from waitlist. A quick look in history would show the waitlist clearance. Again, new agents with little or no training or past experience.
GagaPilot and tardyturtle like this.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 6:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Mr. Tickets
I have run into this issue 3 or 4 times in the last few months. You can't check in after an RUC clears for upgrade. I have called and had them tell me there is no reason to have the ticket reissued. The last time I asked the agent to humor me and check. After about 10 minutes wait, she came back and said "your right", it does need to be reissued. I also find it amazing that they can't see that the upgrade cleared from waitlist. A quick look in history would show the waitlist clearance. Again, new agents with little or no training or past experience.
You're lucky that the agent was willing to really check (and not just fake that she asked a supervisor) and then she even admitted that you were right.
hhdl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.