Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summer Goodwill Gesture

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2022, 12:32 am

Programs: AA, AI-FR, ClubVistara, KrisFlyer, EK, InterMiles
My friend got 10k miles credited which I'm thinking is because the first flight in her itinerary was significantly delayed to a point where she misconnected in ATL at 11 PM and DL ran out of compensatory hotel rooms for the night. She spent an entire night in the freezing corridors of the terminal and was so tired to even fight/complain/claim compensation later on. She swears never to fly DL again!
Old Jul 24, 2022, 7:52 am

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by shoodawg
we had multiple delays and multiple cancellations. Zippo then and nothing yet. Very patient here.

I am in the same boat, I almost wonder if they are looking at more casual flyers, and trying to placata them. In my case, I think they feel I would never leave so why bother.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 7:56 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by SuraBoy
My friend got 10k miles credited which I'm thinking is because the first flight in her itinerary was significantly delayed to a point where she misconnected in ATL at 11 PM and DL ran out of compensatory hotel rooms for the night. She spent an entire night in the freezing corridors of the terminal and was so tired to even fight/complain/claim compensation later on. She swears never to fly DL again!

What's funny is that she'll have to fly DL again. You know, to use the miles.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 8:42 am

Programs: AA, AI-FR, ClubVistara, KrisFlyer, EK, InterMiles
Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer
What's funny is that she'll have to fly DL again. You know, to use the miles.
Haha, that is true, but she is one of those folks who doesn't care about miles and well I advised her to pool some more and use them for a partner redemption....just in case, she wants to avoid them like the plague.
Goodoldflyer likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 8:44 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by SuraBoy
Haha, that is true, but she is one of those folks who doesn't care about miles and well I advised her to pool some more and use them for a partner redemption....just in case, she wants to avoid them like the plague.
Sure, but they never expire. So no doubt she'll forget the pain at some point in the distant future and try and redeem them. They know how how the human mind works.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 11:07 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by troyintn
I am in the same boat, I almost wonder if they are looking at more casual flyers, and trying to placata them. In my case, I think they feel I would never leave so why bother.
With my flight, I think they sent out the miles quickly to encourage people to kind of forget they could also do an EU 261 for the cancellation.

IIRC, my close to million miler sister got the 10K Christmas goodwill miles for holiday disruptions.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 11:59 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by troyintn
As a Platinum who received the goodwill miles, DL elite for over a decade, with 18 segments since May, I don't think this speculation is correct.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 1:43 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
I did get a customer relations bonus last night of 7500K for last night's meltdown at Atlanta. My LAX-ATL flight landed early and it took almost two hours to get to a gate and bring up the jet bridge. We were told that a bunch of diverted flights from earlier in the day all came in and overwhelmed gates and crew.

My two hour connection evaporated to arriving at the gates 5 minutes before departure and finding a closed door. I was steaming until an agent showed up, let me board, and we sat there for another hour as folks randomly wandered onto the aircraft.

Add in the 2500 miles bonus for my bags spending the night in Atlanta, and I got 10K the hard way.....!

David
MSPeconomist likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.