Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

LHR asks airlines to stop selling tickets for next two months.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR asks airlines to stop selling tickets for next two months.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2022, 8:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by N830MH
I’m actually agree with you. I rather flying on KLM/Delta instead. I like AMS very much. It’s so easy for me. I knows airport very well. No need to help.
I don't think I said what you think I said...

Regards
Old Jul 18, 2022, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by scubadu
I don't think I said what you think I said...

Regards
For your awareness, in case you don't know depending on how often you frequent the DL forum, N830MH speaks ASL (American Sign Language). ASL has its own syntax which is somewhat different from standard English. That difference in syntax can mean that in the syntax you and I and others are used to for standard English, one can easily discern sarcasm and such as well as the nuances of the sentence that indicate sarcasm (in addition to emojis) but when that is translated into ASL, those nuances, even if minor, can be lost or not picked up, leading to a difference in understanding of what you meant versus what was received.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by photojojo
Are these the ones you were referring to in the other thread? They eventually made their way home?
Yes. Coming in one at a time, with no notice randomly.
photojojo likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 1:58 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by troyintn
Heading to LHR tonight for the week, wondering how bad it will be. I go twice a quarter and last trip was ok, but it sounds like it has gotten a lot worse.
So my bags arrived Monday morning when we landed, it did take 90 minutes to get our bags off of the ATL flight. Airport was packed and a lot of flights were delayed and people waiting everywhere for someone at the exit area. Now they are getting ready to have a fuelers strike starting Thursday, so we will see how my Friday flight home looks. On a side night, the ATL LHR flight was delayed about an hour plus since it needed a first officer.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 2:03 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rylan
Paywall - didn't read.

I read the article on the fltertalk main page - LHR is smoking some good crack if they think airlines are going to stop selling tickets.
What is the airport going to do, turn away pax as they arrive for flights? Or force airlines to cancel more flights and create even more mess?
I believe Emirates told them to go fly a kite and asked about refunds since it is a slot controlled airport.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 6:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
If there are any takeaways from this, it's to pack TF out of my carry-ons and stay at hotels with laundry service when traveling to Europe this summer/fall.
Spiff, flyerCO, wrp96 and 2 others like this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Just sharing current LHR experience. Arrived this morning in DL One. No fast track at immigration. Staff were releasing incoming pax into the arrivals hall in waves so it seemed like the wait would be long but all told maybe 20-25 mins from arriving at the clump of people to passing through eGates (not including the ~10 min walk from our arrival gate).

We did not check bags but noticed while walking through baggage claim that there were still piles of bags everywhere. More bags than people, certainly more than I've ever seen sitting around here.

VS Revivals lounge is still fantastic. If you get some of the minty shampoo in your eye, it'll wake you right up.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 11:21 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold,
Flew out of LHR this weekend on VS. If you're checking a bag, check-in lines are pretty long (1+ hour waits if you use regular Economy or Premium desks). Security could take another 30 min to an hour, depending on time.

With the ticket cap, VS has been cancelling at least two flights a day (one to the US and one to India). I asked at check-in if they were looking for volunteers and they gladly took my offer. In hindsight, the compensation wasn't worth it given the wait to get a hotel and then having to stand in the line again to check in.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 1:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by tpa220
Flew out of LHR this weekend on VS. If you're checking a bag, check-in lines are pretty long (1+ hour waits if you use regular Economy or Premium desks). Security could take another 30 min to an hour, depending on time.

With the ticket cap, VS has been cancelling at least two flights a day (one to the US and one to India). I asked at check-in if they were looking for volunteers and they gladly took my offer. In hindsight, the compensation wasn't worth it given the wait to get a hotel and then having to stand in the line again to check in.
How much did you get in addition to the hotel room? Which hotel? Were you in coach and are you still in coach?
Old Jul 20, 2022, 1:34 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold,
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
How much did you get in addition to the hotel room? Which hotel? Were you in coach and are you still in coach?
They initially gave me the Radisson Blu in near the airport but sent me there without actually checking if there were rooms available. After waiting another two hours, I gave up and came back to the airport and they then put me in the Holiday Inn (also near airport). Was a fine hotel for what I needed.

I was in coach and they still put me in coach the next day. Compensation is either a free roundtrip ticket in coach with restrictions (flight has to originate or arrive in London, subject to O class availability) OR 50,000 miles.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 2:11 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
What are the odds this mess is sorted out by the fall? I know, loaded question that no one can answer...
Old Jul 31, 2022, 8:14 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by gooselee
Just sharing current LHR experience. Arrived this morning in DL One. No fast track at immigration. Staff were releasing incoming pax into the arrivals hall in waves so it seemed like the wait would be long but all told maybe 20-25 mins from arriving at the clump of people to passing through eGates (not including the ~10 min walk from our arrival gate).

We did not check bags but noticed while walking through baggage claim that there were still piles of bags everywhere. More bags than people, certainly more than I've ever seen sitting around here.

VS Revivals lounge is still fantastic. If you get some of the minty shampoo in your eye, it'll wake you right up.
I can confirm the exact same thing on my flight (and the same timeframe). Fastrack looks like it is gone for good (signs were basically removed...not even covered up)
Old Aug 16, 2022, 1:59 am

Programs: Waffle House DM
Update as of Tue Aug 16. Check in was about normal for Heathrow, busy but controlled for economy, short line for Premium, and no real line at all for Upper/D1. The Upper Class security line was working and took about 6 minutes with a dozen people in front. Going through the door to walking in the lounge took 17 minutes, and that was with checking bags.

Arriving at LHR last Thursday, only had carry on to reduce the risk, but no lines at all at immigration, through in a couple of minutes. Still some suspiciously large piles of luggage in the baggage hall, but couldn’t tell where they were from.

Overall came pretty close to the usual LHR experience.
dmarge18 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.