Wiki Posts
Search

Delta at JFK

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2022, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Delta at JFK

Hi all,

I am connecting NCE>JFK>MKE. Once I clear immigration and customs, what’s the easiest way to get from T4 to T2?

I’m a DTW or ATL guy so this will be my very first international connection at JFK!! 🙂

Last edited by FabCW; Jul 7, 2022 at 4:32 pm
Old Jul 7, 2022, 1:58 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
The gateside JFK Jitney will be your best option; here's some recent threads (there are many more) on this topic:

JFK transfer from International to Delta
JFK Shuttle Bus Between Terminals 2 and 4?
FabCW likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
The gateside JFK Jitney will be your best option; here's some recent threads (there are many more) on this topic:

JFK transfer from International to Delta
JFK Shuttle Bus Between Terminals 2 and 4?
Super helpful. Thank you!
obscure2k likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Unless your flight is in the next couple days, you won't know which terminal your JFK-MKE flight will depart from. While it can depart from T2 sometimes, Flightaware shows that most of the time this flight departs from the RJ gates near the end of T4.
FabCW and Auto Enthusiast like this.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 2:43 pm

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by FabCW
Hi all,

I am connecting NCE>JFK>MKE. Once I clear immigration and customs, what’s the easiest way to get from T4 to T2?

I’m a DTW or ATL guy so this will be my very first connection at JFK!! 🙂
First of all, how do you know your connection is departing from T2? There is a whole RJ area in T4, and unless the flight is literally tomorrow you can't know now what terminal the flight will use. (Even if it is tomorrow and showing T2 "C gates" it is likely to change.)

Second of all, with upcoming T1-T3 reconstruction, there is no longer easy landside access to T2 anyway, so you have to use the JFK Jitney, which departs from gate B18. Super convenient and quick.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xliioper
Unless your flight is in the next couple days, you won't know which terminal your JFK-MKE flight will depart from. While it can depart from T2 sometimes, Flightaware shows that most of the time this flight departs from the RJ gates near the end of T4.
Thanks for that info. I just assumed because I recently flew that JFK-MKE route and we departed from T2. But I’m glad it could be T4! 🙂 That would be awesome.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 5:25 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
Assuming you are in business, If you do fly from 4, then attempt to enter the VS Clubhouse...most likely you will be unsuccessful. I was fortunate to gain access a number of years ago as I flew business, PRG to JFK on DL. Even though it was not a valid routing to access Clubhouse. I played dumb and prrsented my DL boarding pass. The agents (appparently ignoring the PRG signifier) and (swayed by) my description that their club was like Gucci compared to Delta's Target-like club, they granted me access! YMMV!
Old Jul 7, 2022, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bradhattan
Assuming you are in business, If you do fly from 4, then attempt to enter the VS Clubhouse...most likely you will be unsuccessful.
Definitely don’t waste your time trying this, the VS clubhouse is quite far out of the way.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 1:55 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by FabCW
Thanks for that info. I just assumed because I recently flew that JFK-MKE route and we departed from T2. But I’m glad it could be T4! 🙂 That would be awesome.
Make sure you check this after you land too as it is subject to change even within a few hours.

Best bet is go back through security at T4 and look at the board....if it turns out it is T2 then take the Jitney
FabCW and Return2flight like this.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 2:38 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I find that the DL alerts on the mobile app are very good about sending push notifications on gate changes (along with delays, boarding, etc.). I also use TripIt/Concour and FlightAware's similar services.
FabCW likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2023, 3:05 pm

Does DL still have a jitney bus from B18 to B54 at T4 ?
Old Apr 11, 2023, 3:46 pm

Programs: DL PM, B6 Mosaic 3
Originally Posted by Mister Nice
Does DL still have a jitney bus from B18 to B54 at T4 ?
I saw the jitney bus at A9 (or so) today. Not sure of the exact route, but my guess is that it still hits B18 and B54.
Mister Nice and ND76 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.