SCL - ATL Cancelled in Sep

Old Jun 29, 22, 9:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM, UA Silver (thanks Marriott!), Marriott Ambassador
SCL - ATL Cancelled in Sep

Been booked in D1 (cash ticket) for quite a while on SCL - ATL in early Sept. and DL just cancelled that flight and moved me to the day prior (which I do not want).
Called and they offered to put me on LATAM via MIA for my original date I booked

Need to get over the MQD finish line for Diamond again this year, so I am looking to maximize the MQDs, and am eyeing this as opportunity to help me. Would like to get off DL flight numbers and onto either AM or LA flight numbers for the return and connect somewhere to maximize the MQD earn. HOw can one tell routes where AM and LA fly where there is NO DL codeshare number, so I can try and reroute via those? Some thoughts I have had:

AM via MEX
LA via NYC or LAX

Then connect back to DL on into ATL,

Would prefer to avoid MIA as connection point as that would be too geographically convenient plus all the traffic between SCL and MIA on LA is covered by codeshares and DL would put me on the DL side of the plane. Need good routing suggestions where there are no DL flight numbers, but I can still earn based on distance. Ideas?
Old Jun 30, 22, 5:16 am

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
I am booked in Oct SCL - ATL. I wanted to change that segment but didn't want to pay the $300 change fee. Long story, but since there is an AF segment in my itinerary (006 ticket stock though) apparently AF can demand a change fee, even though their flight is not affected. Anyway, now I am hoping for a cancelation and the ability to rebook for free. My flight on Oct 11 shows as status not available, so there is hope.
Old Jun 30, 22, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by drminn View Post
I am booked in Oct SCL - ATL. I wanted to change that segment but didn't want to pay the $300 change fee. Long story, but since there is an AF segment in my itinerary (006 ticket stock though) apparently AF can demand a change fee, even though their flight is not affected. Anyway, now I am hoping for a cancelation and the ability to rebook for free. My flight on Oct 11 shows as status not available, so there is hope.
Unless something changes, AF doesn't have a change fee. Regardless, DL is the one that would be charging one, if one applies, not AF.

I think you most likely got a bad agent. Where does your first flight on ticket depart from?
Old Jun 30, 22, 9:18 am

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
Unless something changes, AF doesn't have a change fee. Regardless, DL is the one that would be charging one, if one applies, not AF.

I think you most likely got a bad agent. Where does your first flight on ticket depart from?
That's what I thought, but the situation seems beyond anybody's comprehension.

My itinerary is MPL - CDG - ATL - SCL - ATL - MSP - CDG - MPL. When I try to change online it asks for $300 change fee. I then spent two hours talking to two agents, one supervisor, and they finally determined that the fare conditions (that I don't have access to anymore I think) specify a change fee stipulated by AF. My ticket is on 006 stock, I am trying to change SCL - ATL, which does not even have an AF flight number.
Old Jun 30, 22, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
I thought the no change fee for DL tickets only applies if originating in the US.
Old Jun 30, 22, 9:48 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador & LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Airlines with non-stops to where I'm going
Is Delta no longer going to operate ATL/SCL daily, or getting rid entirely? (He says as he goes to check his booked r/t for November.)
Old Jun 30, 22, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM, UA Silver (thanks Marriott!), Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by dcstudent View Post
Is Delta no longer going to operate ATL/SCL daily, or getting rid entirely? (He says as he goes to check his booked r/t for November.)
I think mine may have just been a seasonal schedule change - I think they usually do pretty well on ATL SCL in both directions - or maybe it has something to do with the LATAM partner alignment - or it is just general 2022 schedule madness showing up. Who knows!
Old Jun 30, 22, 8:24 pm

Programs: Delta DM

My itinerary is MPL - CDG - ATL - SCL - ATL - MSP - CDG - MPL. When I try to change online it asks for $300 change fee. I then spent two hours talking to two agents, one supervisor, and they finally determined that the fare conditions (that I don't have access to anymore I think) specify a change fee stipulated by AF. My ticket is on 006 stock, I am trying to change SCL - ATL, which does not even have an AF flight number.
I love Montpellier! Hope it's still as lovely as it was 15 years ago!
Old Jun 30, 22, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium

Nothing to do with AF. DL charges change fees on tickets that don't start in North America.

Search this Thread