VN PNR not working on website?

Old Oct 29, 2022, 9:48 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I just wasted an hour of my Saturday afternoon. I quickly got a Delta agent and then all my luck ran out. He patiently worked on the issue for a half hour. He found what he thought was the Vietnam Airlines PNR but could not pull up my booking on the Vietnam Airlines website. He then forwarded me to the partner desk where he said the wait was an hour. At the half hour mark, I had other things I needed to accomplish besides listenning to music on hold and hung up. I'm accustomed to the United Airlines site where the partner PNRs are shown automatically.
I had better luck using the ticket number on VN website to manage my fare several years ago. PNR never worked for me.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 7:04 pm
Community Director Emerita

I attempted to call Vietnam Airlines today. I got a recording that said they no longer answer phone calls due to Covid. Instead, I needed to email [email protected]. So I have.

Update; I'm shocked. I had a response within minutes, giving me the PNR for both trips. One is business class; the other is coach. I was unable to pick seats for either.

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Nov 2, 2022 at 7:29 pm
Old Nov 3, 2022, 5:45 am

Programs: DL Diamond
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I attempted to call Vietnam Airlines today. I got a recording that said they no longer answer phone calls due to Covid. Instead, I needed to email [email protected]. So I have.

Update; I'm shocked. I had a response within minutes, giving me the PNR for both trips. One is business class; the other is coach. I was unable to pick seats for either.
I had same issue, there needs to be an email on the VN reservation, I called DL and the very helpful rep said she would contact the partner desk, I received an email about an hour later from VN reservations and I was able to retrieve the reservation on the VN website.
It would appear that the email address while on the DL reservation does not carry over to VN automatically.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 8:53 am

Programs: DL Gold
Is this a known issue with Vietnam Air? I have a Delta Awards Booking which is on Vietnam Air (KIX>HAN>CDG>IST) with a connection to AF. I got the VN PNR from Delta but it won't work on their site. When I contacted VN online chat they said that the reservation could not be accessed on their site since it was booked through AF. I asked if they could assign seats and they said no. I asked how I can check in if I can't use their site. They said I should contact AF (first flight is on VN). None of this sounds right and it's not very comforting going to the airport to check in with VN at this point. Is there a workaround for this issue? Would like to get seat assignments and some confidence that VN will be able to check me in.

Last edited by Asquared1; Mar 6, 2023 at 1:39 pm
Old Mar 6, 2023, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Asquared1
Is this a known issue with Vietnam Air? I have a Delta Awards Booking which is on Vietnam Air (KIX>HAN>CDG>IST) with a connection to AF. I got the VN PNR from Delta but it won't work on their site. When I contacted VN online chat they said that the reservation could not be accessed on their site since it was booked through AF. I asked if they could assign seats and they said no. I asked how I can check in if I can't use their site. They said I should contact AF (first flight is on VN). None of this sounds right and it's not very comforting going to the airport to check in with VN at this point. Is there a workaround for this issue? Would like to get seat assignments and some confidence that VN will be able to check me in.
You didn't book via AF, you booked via DL. This alone should tell you agent has no clue. Call DL again and ask for the VN PNR. They may have accidentally given you the AF PNR.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
You didn't book via AF, you booked via DL. This alone should tell you agent has no clue. Call DL again and ask for the VN PNR. They may have accidentally given you the AF PNR.
Yes, that was part of my "doesn't sound right" point.

That being said, I have verified the VN PNR twice and I have the AF one which does work on their site. Haven't pushed it to waiting on hold for partner desk yet as last DL agent I talked to said that since the ticket was only a day old VN may still be processing on their side (which also really doesn't make sense, but I have seen that before).
Old Mar 6, 2023, 8:34 pm

Tried the VN chat another time and just asked for seat assignments this time. Was able to get those. I'll try again at some point to try and fix access.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Asquared1
Tried the VN chat another time and just asked for seat assignments this time. Was able to get those. I'll try again at some point to try and fix access.
Then you ran up against a agent who might not have understood what wanted or didn't lnow could. Ive had a number of Asian airline CS not understand can gove seat assignments regardless of where booked. They're trained any change needs be done by booking airline/OTA.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 11:21 am

Then you ran up against a agent who might not have understood what wanted or didn't lnow could. Ive had a number of Asian airline CS not understand can gove seat assignments regardless of where booked. They're trained any change needs be done by booking airline/OTA.
Yes, that happened with first chat attempt which is why I kept the request simple on the second.

From what I can tell in my sleuthing VN doesn't allow any partner reservations to be accessed on their web site. Anyone who has experienced differently please correct me.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 12:26 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, UA PS, VX, Natl EE, Hertz PC
Same experience for me. I have a trip next week...booked ICN-HAN using SkyMiles and can't access the reservation through the VN site. I called Delta yesterday and they gave me the VN PNR, which still gets me nowhere on the VN website. The Delta agent checked herself, and called the partner desk to confirm that it was the correct PNR, but no luck. I tried to explain the email address concept (from above) over the phone but just gave up.

Yesterday afternoon I emailed VN at [email protected] and provided as much information as possible. They responded in about two hours and confirmed that they see the itinerary on their side, assigned seats, and sent confirmation email. But still no luck with their website.

I figure we'll be fine now that I've heard from the VN side that the tickets are confirmed and seats are selected. I'm sure that connections desk you pass right after deplaning in ICN will be able to sort out boarding passes.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by inthecloud
Same experience for me. I have a trip next week...booked ICN-HAN using SkyMiles and can't access the reservation through the VN site. I called Delta yesterday and they gave me the VN PNR, which still gets me nowhere on the VN website. The Delta agent checked herself, and called the partner desk to confirm that it was the correct PNR, but no luck. I tried to explain the email address concept (from above) over the phone but just gave up.

Yesterday afternoon I emailed VN at [email protected] and provided as much information as possible. They responded in about two hours and confirmed that they see the itinerary on their side, assigned seats, and sent confirmation email. But still no luck with their website.

I figure we'll be fine now that I've heard from the VN side that the tickets are confirmed and seats are selected. I'm sure that connections desk you pass right after deplaning in ICN will be able to sort out boarding passes.
It may be an issue with VN website not able to pull up a PNR not booked directly with VN. It's been a few years, but I know I've dealt with one or two airlines that used to do this.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 5:01 am

It may be an issue with VN website not able to pull up a PNR not booked directly with VN. It's been a few years, but I know I've dealt with one or two airlines that used to do this.
Just had the same issue:
Delta award ticket booked through DL site. Delta says to call VN to get seat number. Given Delta PNR and 006 ticket number. Does not work on VN site.

Tried the VN Air phone number here in Japan, no answer (busy signal). Tried the customer service chat, they said to call Delta.

Called Delta back, got VN Air PNG. Tried it on VN site, but it doesn't work.

Called their call center in Vietnam +84 24 38320320, was able to use VN PNR to get seat bookings and special meal request.
Old Jul 1, 2023, 10:42 pm

This is absurd. Delta chat rep is unbelievably slow and incredibly clueless. VN pnr they have doesnt work nor does the ticket number from the delta email. Ridiculous.
Old Jul 1, 2023, 10:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by pesos
This is absurd. Delta chat rep is unbelievably slow and incredibly clueless. VN pnr they have doesnt work nor does the ticket number from the delta email. Ridiculous.
Don't use the chat agent. They're useless. Call in. I just had this 3 days ago when I flew into SGN. I called, the DL rep gave me the VN PNR and then I was able to manage my booking as a guest. The chat agent might have misunderstood what you wanted. Worse case scenario is that you'll have to call the Vietnam Airlines call center.
Old Jul 2, 2023, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by ghsbass0406
Don't use the chat agent. They're useless. Call in. I just had this 3 days ago when I flew into SGN. I called, the DL rep gave me the VN PNR and then I was able to manage my booking as a guest. The chat agent might have misunderstood what you wanted. Worse case scenario is that you'll have to call the Vietnam Airlines call center.
After forever on hold got a phone rep who put me on hold forever again then came back saying they found it but it was the same unusable string the chat rep gave me. Doh.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.