Community
Wiki Posts
Search

July 1-4 Global Travel Waiver

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2022, 1:13 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Originally Posted by ORD2BOS
Hoping Skywest is equipped to handle their traffic. I'm booked on the morning of 7/2 MSP > CMH on a CR9. It's the only routing that will get me into Columbus in time for a wedding. This article calls out specifically that although their pilot pool has enlarged since 2019, the balance of Captains vs FOs is off. Yikes
In their defense, part of that is the hours requirements. Put differently, this should work itself out...but it's probably gonna take a year or two for some of those newly-acquired FOs to qualify as Captains.
wrp96 and ORD2BOS like this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 1:15 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Originally Posted by prat257
I believe if I move to a cheaper flight, I can retain the credit. So if I move to a cheaper flight, get the credit and move back to original flight (at no fare difference now), curious if this will work. Long shot but anyone moved to a cheaper flight can look and confirm?
Would move #2 be covered by the waiver? Generally, waivers are "one bite", though this one is sweeping enough that I don't think Delta is going to push back too hard, but if you land within SDC range with Gold-or-better status you could probably arrange the shuffle without too much trouble. Just make sure there are a few seats available for your move-back so you don't get stranded on hold.
prat257 likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 8:00 am

Programs: Delta PM, Chick FIl-A Red Member
Suprise, surprise, having issues with the online rebooking flow. Flight shows +0 fare difference, but when I navigate to checkout, trying to charge me $19, same routing, flight falls within window....

Anyone else having weird stuff happen? I also saw a first class change being offered as a +"2.50" fare difference from my main cabin ticket. I'm sure that's a glitch, too.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 8:23 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Ticketing date changes each time you reissue. If you rebook today, new ticket will have today's date as issue date.
The waiver says original ticket issue date. They can see the ticket and exchange/change history, including the date, ticket number, and cost, of the original ticket. It does take some digging. This is mainly, for example, if a customer had schedule changes, or processed an upgrade, etc., and a revalidation didn't cut it, the ticket would be reissued, and while you're correct that the ticket date field would be updated to the most recent issue, they can find the issue date of the original ticket (also tied to the ticket validity, not including currently when they're all good through 12/31/23) by researching the history.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by ATLflyer2017
I have a JFK-LGA connection on Saturday. Am I crazy for attempting?
How long do you have?
Old Jun 30, 2022, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by av8rsamr
Suprise, surprise, having issues with the online rebooking flow. Flight shows +0 fare difference, but when I navigate to checkout, trying to charge me $19, same routing, flight falls within window....

Anyone else having weird stuff happen? I also saw a first class change being offered as a +"2.50" fare difference from my main cabin ticket. I'm sure that's a glitch, too.
This is the bane of...basically everybody. Delta seems to be trying to "discourage" calling in, but this shows up as an issue with paid-F SDCs as well, meaning that you end up having to have somebody put "hands on" the reservation.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 8:30 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by ATLflyer2017
I have a JFK-LGA connection on Saturday. Am I crazy for attempting?
The current weather forecast for NYC is for thunderstorms on Saturday. I wouldn’t be too optimistic on good flight operations, especially as the day progresses.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 8:30 am

How much worse can it get?

First is an operational waiver at AMS.

Then is the systemwide waiver.

And now, it's strikes at CDG for today through July 3. I don't see any waiver yet for CDG posted on Delta or KL's sites; only AF (it's not even a waiver, really; just an alert), and only after I enter my trip details and it recognizes that I am scheduled to fly during the affected period. If one is flying to DXB or AUH, how do I get there if AMS and CDG are both out? I don't think Virgin flies it; is Saudia the only option left?
INDUSTRIAL STRIKE ACTION BY SOME PARIS AIRPORT STAFF FROM 30 JUNE TO 03 JULY, 2022

Updated on 29 June 2022, 7:30 PM Paris local time

A call for strike has been launched by some staff of Paris Airport from June 30 to July 03, 2022.

For 30 June, the French Civil Aviation Authority (DGAC) has requested airlines to reduce their flight program to and from Paris Charles de Gaulle from 7:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
As a consequence, Air France has been forced to adjust its flight schedule to and from this airport and plans to operate:
- all its long-haul flights
- nearly 90% of its short and medium-haul flight program.

There may be last-minute delays and cancellations.

Our flight schedule is updated.

Our teams at the airport and in our customer relations centers are fully mobilized. They will do everything possible to assist you and limit the impact of this strike on your trip.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 8:58 am
formerly jackvogt

Programs: Delta SkyMiles,
Originally Posted by GrayAnderson
How long do you have?
6 hours.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 9:04 am

Air France Strike "Flash Alert" Page Link

https://wwws.airfrance.fr/en/informa...rte-greve-loc1
Old Jun 30, 2022, 10:52 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by lowfareair
A lot of people get forced PTO for this week. I got a job offer from EY (consulting/accounting firm, not the airline ) and learned they generally shutter for the week of July 4th. If you are a consultant there and struggle to take PTO outside of switching projects, it makes sense to try to travel at this time. They have 50k employees, and I'm sure there are other companies in the same boat where people have time off and will travel.

I hate traveling around Christmas but my new job (not EY) essentially requires I take that week off. My fiancé's company completely shuts down as well, so guess who is traveling between Christmas and New Years? Same thing for many people for July 4th.

It's true. Also why I dislike that kind of policy.

Still, many people choose to travel on those dates of their own free will. I'll avoid it if I can.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by GrayAnderson
This is the bane of...basically everybody. Delta seems to be trying to "discourage" calling in, but this shows up as an issue with paid-F SDCs as well, meaning that you end up having to have somebody put "hands on" the reservation.
I can cancel but cannot modify any of my reservations online as they all got automatically upgraded to C+ at booking so this requires manual handling. Shameful.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 12:05 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
I can cancel but cannot modify any of my reservations online as they all got automatically upgraded to C+ at booking so this requires manual handling. Shameful.
Just another shortcoming of Delta’s IT system. You would think they would get this capability in place. It only clogs their phone based support to force its high tiered members to have to call versus being able to tackle on line.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 12:59 pm

Programs: DL, Hilton, National
Had a RUC cleared flight booked on the 2nd. Called today and asked if I could move it to a flight a few hours earlier just in case of a cancelation and they very happily did so with no issues. I thought the intention of the waiver was to get people to avoid flying this weekend, but it looks like they are willing to use the waiver for situations like mine, where I was trying to avoid not having any back up option if there was an IRROP.

That being said, the odds of that later flight having seats if I do run into trouble probably not great.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by paterwdb
Had a RUC cleared flight booked on the 2nd. Called today and asked if I could move it to a flight a few hours earlier just in case of a cancelation and they very happily did so with no issues. I thought the intention of the waiver was to get people to avoid flying this weekend, but it looks like they are willing to use the waiver for situations like mine, where I was trying to avoid not having any back up option if there was an IRROP.

That being said, the odds of that later flight having seats if I do run into trouble probably not great.
I always keep the last flight of the day as confirmed and standby earlier so I don’t get stranded overnight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.