Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta One Sale - 148K SkyMiles to Europe - Sale Ends Tomorrow

Delta One Sale - 148K SkyMiles to Europe - Sale Ends Tomorrow

Old Jun 28, 2022, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by xliioper
Yes, DL metal only (it's in Flight Application section of fare rules) so only EU destinations that are served non-stop by DL from US will be possible. Note that open-jaw bookings will still satisfy roundtrip booking requirement for award, so you can potentially return from a different EU airport than arrival and still get 148K roundtrip award level.
Yeah, would just rather connect in AMS than spend nine hours in Detroit because a 6am domestic flight is the only thing DL deigns to offer married OZ space on... although UnevenGray has a good point to cross fingers and hope for a schedule change.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 3:57 pm

I can find these fares for one seat. As soon as I enter two people it's no longer flash sale pricing. Anyone else having this issue? Could there only be one seat per flight at these prices?
Old Jun 28, 2022, 4:23 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; OW Emerald; MVP Gold 100k;Marriott/SPG LTPlat; HH Diamond
I got ARN and FRA, but requires ridiculously long layover in JFK. I might do a quick trip if I can find a shorter layover and quick turnaround.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rep44
I can find these fares for one seat. As soon as I enter two people it's no longer flash sale pricing. Anyone else having this issue? Could there only be one seat per flight at these prices?
No, I can book multiple passengers at same price. Note that the mileage amount after selecting both flights is the total for all passengers, not per passenger (as shown below). It will tell how many seats are left in award fare bucket when it is five or less (if it doesn't say anything for flight there are 6 or more seats left). If you do a search with only one passenger, it should indicate which flights only have one seat left in bucket (you will have to select an outbound option to see availability on return flights). When booking for two passengers, you will need to find flights with at least 2 seats available in each direction. Itin below has 4 seats available at sale price as shown at bottom.

photojojo and rep44 like this.

Last edited by xliioper; Jun 28, 2022 at 4:41 pm
Old Jun 28, 2022, 4:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum, IHG Diamond, AA Plat Pro
Ooh this sale is timely - I have to be in Berlin for the marathon in September so got an open jaw (into AMS, out of ZRH). The flight into AMS is on the Suites, so excited to try that product as well.
photojojo and NotHamSarnie like this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Wow really helpful. From SFO and SEA we get one whole week to one destination and from LAX - double that - one week for 2 destinations. And both coincide with religious holidays. Really useful Delta. Clearly you love the west coast.

Last edited by Boraxo; Jun 28, 2022 at 5:50 pm
Old Jun 28, 2022, 5:47 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Out of Nashville no luck I am sure if I play with it from a Hub/ city with Direct EMEA flights I could find something.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 5:53 pm

Does delta ever have “cash” sales on delta one?

is there a route from JFK that runs “reasonable”
thanks….
always day late…. Or few miles short lol
photojojo likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 5:56 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Wow really helpful. From SFO and SEA we get one whole week to one destination and from LAX - double that - one week for 2 destinations. And both coincide with religious holidays. Really useful Delta. Clearly you love the west coast.
Can anyone share the week and destinations from LAX?
Old Jun 28, 2022, 5:58 pm

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
Originally Posted by troyintn
Out of Nashville no luck I am sure if I play with it from a Hub/ city with Direct EMEA flights I could find something.
If you haven't yet, try the "price calendar". Some cities initially didn't show 148,000 until I clicked that and started looking around nov/dec.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 5:58 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM; IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Boraxo
I booked SFO-CPH and SJC-LHR both at the quoted rate, and had many weeks/days available. Don't click on the "book now" button on the homepage. I saw similar to you when clicking on that; just showed MUC for one week and nothing else. Just make a booking as normal and use the price calendar. I searched a few more cities and found 148k as well for multiple weeks before booking what I chose.

Granted, maybe others have already scooped them all up, but the LHR flight that I chose said 4 left at my time of purchase (for example).
Old Jun 28, 2022, 6:25 pm

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
Originally Posted by findark
Looks to require exclusively DL metal, right? Very annoying given their tendency to suppress inventory on domestic connections.
It appears to be that way. I looked at their route map page and everything that uses AF metal out of CDG (IST, PRA, VIE for example) gave me an error when I tried to book a reward ticket. There are still plenty of fun places I'd like to go see for a few days on the cheap - just not my top picks.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
I like how a 148K RT business award ticket is now considered a "sale".
Old Jun 28, 2022, 7:09 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Gold, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Fanjet
I like how a 148K RT business award ticket is now considered a "sale".
Let's do some math.

148,000 miles for a ~$7,000 ticket. That's 4.8 cents a mile. If you're a Diamond, you earn 11 miles per dollar. At this redemption rate, you're getting 52 cents back on the dollar. Even a regular Skymiles member is getting 24 cents on the dollar. Can you tell me of any other product that gives you 24-52 cents back for every dollar you spend? And, that's before you get another 5 miles per dollar from Amex platinum (77 cents back on the dollar as Diamond) or 3 miles per dollar from DL Reserve (67 cents back back on the dollar)

While you may be used to lower redemption values, they were ridiculous.

Last edited by atldiamond; Jun 28, 2022 at 7:12 pm Reason: Adding credit card spend
Old Jun 28, 2022, 7:10 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Mrs. ND76 and I got in on this; we are going CLE-DTW-AMS in an A 350-900 on October 4 and returning on October 18 AMS-ATL-CLE in an A330-300.

We are going to work our way down to Itay by train, with the first leg on a sleeper train from Amsterdam Centraal to Innsbruck.

Can't wait.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.